Triple E Surfside TM-14 left front running light cover - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-20-2006, 06:20 PM   #1

Trailer: 1990 Bigfoot 5th Wheel
This is a long shot, I know, but I need a light cover - the clear amber cover for the driver's side front side running light. Anyone out there got one? It will save replacing the entire unit.
Old 04-20-2006, 10:09 PM   #2

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
This is a long shot, I know, but I need a light cover - the clear amber cover for the driver's side front side running light. Anyone out there got one? It will save replacing the entire unit.
Those lenses should be separately available. Check your local camper supply.

Good luck.
Old 04-24-2006, 12:34 PM   #3

Trailer: Surfside TM14 1978
I may have just the thing for you. I'll check tonight. The neighbour's boy was playing with my kids and popped out the one lens, I am planning on replacing all outside lights. I removed them on Saturday and will check the condition of the remaining lens and get back to you tomorrow. I am gutting and redoing my '78 Surfside TM-14. Extensive water damage. Still uncertain as to what to do with the interiour 'insulation'.

Adam
Old 04-25-2006, 03:55 PM   #4

Quote:
I may have just the thing for you. I'll check tonight. The neighbour's boy was playing with my kids and popped out the one lens, I am planning on replacing all outside lights. I removed them on Saturday and will check the condition of the remaining lens and get back to you tomorrow. I am gutting and redoing my '78 Surfside TM-14. Extensive water damage. Still uncertain as to what to do with the interiour 'insulation'.

Adam
Sorry to hear about your water damage. Would appreciate the lens very muchly. Thanks. Cam
Old 04-27-2006, 08:01 AM   #5

Trailer: Surfside TM14 1978
Hi Cam,
The water damage is quite thorough. Some came in on the curbside closet from a crack in the roof there - cause unknown. Other water came in through the ceiling vent and down the street side ruining the over sink cupboard, and even the refrigerator cabinet. Even more water has been coming in around the windows - all of them - and this has rotted the dinette seats, and lower front bunk. I have gutted it all - wiring, plumbing, gas, and furniture. The old freshwater tank was seriously cracked, and the torsion bar suspension is sagging quite a bit on one side. Hmm, in reading this I wonder why I bought it?
Anyway, in the spirit of 'go big or go home' I have also removed the exteriour lights that I told you about. The amber marker lights are both damaged. As previously mentioned my neighbour's kid wrecked the 'good' one two weeks ago. The other one has a piece out of it. The bases are OK. If you can use the lenses - piece something together, I don't know - you are welcome to them for the cost of postage. If you need a base or two you could have that too.
Sorry, I don't have anything better. The red lenses are quite good.
The plan is to redo the interiour in lighter pine or birch plywood using the old furniture for patterns. After much thought I will return it to its original layout. Planning to put in sheet vinyl flooring and drop the furnace in favour of an electric ceramic jobby from Canadian Tire.

Adam
Old 05-03-2006, 06:27 AM   #6

I'm glad you are looking at the positive side of your project. It is an opportunity to own a practically new trailer, with everything just the way you want it. Have fun with it.

Tags
light, lighting, surfside, tail lights