Wagon Master Furnace - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Marketplace > Classified Archives
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-18-2009, 08:03 PM   #1

Trailer: 1976 Boler
I have a Wagon Master Furnace for sale that I removed from a 1976 Boler. As far as I can tell, It is not original. It was added some time after. With our warm summer nights, we don't use it and my wife wants the cupboard space. I fired it up before I removed it, so I know it works fine. It comes complete with the inside and outside grills and duct system. The first $100.00 takes it. Shipping will be determined depending on location.

I'm having trouble re-sizing the photos to post on this site, so if you want to see it, I will have to e-mail them.
Old 05-18-2009, 08:14 PM   #2

Trailer: 1974 Boler 13 ft (Neonex/Winnipeg)
Dave,

I have been hunting and hunting for a Boler furnace (I have an ad in the "wanted" section), so I'm on it!

Here are my two questions:

1) Do you have the model number? Or if not, can you tell me if it is one of the tall/skinny ones that fits in where one of the cupboard doors is under the sink. Off the top of my head I'd say it's about 11" wide and 20" tall.

2) Is it propane only? That is, no electric fan?

If so, I want it

I'll PM you too.

Raya
Old 05-18-2009, 08:18 PM   #3

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Quote:
I have been hunting and hunting for a Boler furnace (I have an ad in the "wanted" section), so I'm on it!
Raya, I was just going to PM you on this. I was going to suggest that if it does not fit, the parts might work and that Rick G is looking for the interior grill (posted in this forum recently). Maybe you two can split on this.

Roy
Old 05-18-2009, 08:21 PM   #4

Dave,

Does it look like this in terms of overall dimensions? I have cupboard doors of this size in my Boler, so this is what I'm looking for. Not necessarily the color, but the shape.

Thanks,

Raya

Click image for larger version

Name:	furnace_good.JPG
Views:	43
Size:	53.9 KB
ID:	20349
Old 05-18-2009, 08:22 PM   #5

Thanks, Roy, for thinking of me

I'd certainly be open to sharing any duplicate parts, if I am lucky enough to get it.

Raya
Old 05-19-2009, 08:44 AM   #6

Trailer: 74 Boler 13 ft / 97 Ford Aerostar
Registry
Hi Raya, and thanks Roy,

Yes, I am looking for just the interior grill cover for a Wagonmaster 6000B furnace (my furnace works but the grill has broken louvers), but I will take another model as long as it is at least 16 inches high and 10 inches wide. My maximum width would be 12 inches for a different cover. I would be happy to split it if that works for you.

Rick G
Old 05-19-2009, 08:08 PM   #7

Quote:
I have a Wagon Master Furnace for sale that I removed from a 1976 Boler. As far as I can tell, It is not original. It was added some time after. With our warm summer nights, we don't use it and my wife wants the cupboard space. I fired it up before I removed it, so I know it works fine. It comes complete with the inside and outside grills and duct system. The first $100.00 takes it. Shipping will be determined depending on location.

I'm having trouble re-sizing the photos to post on this site, so if you want to see it, I will have to e-mail them.

I finally figured out how to shrink the photos!
Attached Thumbnails
Furnace_001.JPG   Furnace_002.JPG  

Old 05-19-2009, 09:13 PM   #8

I'm corresponding with Dave on this furnace, but there is one question mark that I'm hoping someone here can help with: Dave says that the furnace has a 12 volt fan, but he's not sure if it's optional or required. In other words, is this a "gravity" furnace with an optional fan; or is this a furnace wherein you have to have the fan running?

Dave said it's about 11 x 17. I think maybe that's a wee bit wider than the typical Boler furnace, but I'll have to measure in the morning.

Thanks for any input,

Raya

PS: Rick - if I do get this furnace, I'd be happy to work with you on the grille, if my "tin man" grille fits on this furnace (i.e. my furnace shell with no heart or brain , or a can be made to fit.
Old 05-28-2009, 11:17 AM   #9

Trailer: 74 Boler 13 ft / 97 Ford Aerostar
Registry
Hi again Dave and Raya,

I was away for while, so i didn't see this post until lately.

The interior front furnace grille cover looks like exactly what I am looking for. Where are we at presently?
Thanks,
Rick
Old 05-29-2009, 06:55 PM   #10

Rick, I don't think that Raya is interested in the furnace as I haven't heard from her since her last post. I know you just need the front grill, but I would really like to sell the whole thing complete.
Old 05-29-2009, 09:56 PM   #11

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
I checked for Raya's recent posts and she has posted very little in the last few weeks. Which is a little out of the ordinary for her. IIRC she sometimes spends a few weeks on the road at a time.
You might want to give her a little more time ...
Old 06-05-2009, 07:38 AM   #12

Trailer: 82 Scamp 13 ft
Hi Dave,

PM sent. If this isn't sold I would like to buy it.

John A
Old 06-06-2009, 12:07 AM   #13

Thanks for checking, Roy. Yes, I've been mostly out of the loop as I was traveling.

I was/am very interested in the furnace, but Dave though it might have (or even require the use of) a fan, and I'm looking for a gravity furnace (not needing a fan).

If I was able to get a model number I could find out for sure (Dave, I'm sorry if you thought I disappeared - I was thinking you were checking for a model number, but we may have had a misunderstanding.)

Raya
Old 06-06-2009, 10:31 AM   #14

Trailer: 82 Scamp 13 ft
Raya, thought you'd lost interest and I have stepped in on the furnace. I have not bought it yet and I consider you ahead of me in the queue. Dave is in Canada if it makes a difference (shipping cost, may make a differece to me).

From what I know of such furnaces, it does not need electricity. Let us both know if you decide you want it.

Thanks,

John A

Quote:
Thanks for checking, Roy. Yes, I've been mostly out of the loop as I was traveling.

I was/am very interested in the furnace, but Dave though it might have (or even require the use of) a fan, and I'm looking for a gravity furnace (not needing a fan).

If I was able to get a model number I could find out for sure (Dave, I'm sorry if you thought I disappeared - I was thinking you were checking for a model number, but we may have had a misunderstanding.)

Raya
Old 06-06-2009, 06:52 PM   #15

Hi All, After further investigation, I discovered the furnace model # is 6000B. It also states on the metal plate that a blower MAY be used. I know that it was not hooked up when I got it. Hope this info helps.
Old 06-07-2009, 03:52 AM   #16

Hi Dave,

That's very helpful, thanks! I've been Googling to try to find the grille dimensions for the 6000 but so far have not found them (I have found a manual for the 5000 but not the 6000). Dave said he thought it was about 11 x 17, but you know how it is in these campers -- an inch or two can mean the difference between fitting and not fitting

I've sent a note to Rick to see if he would be able to measure the grille on his 6000 (or Dave, if you get a chance to measure it). Once I know the exact measurements of the grille, I can figure out if it will fit.

It sounds like between John, Rick and me, you will have it sold, Dave

Raya
Old 06-07-2009, 08:14 PM   #17

Trailer: 1973 13 ft Compact II
Dave that Wagon Master furnace looks just like my 13' 1977 Scamp's funace which has a thermostat...which no longer works. Although, it appears yours is sold to Ray and John and the other guy, do you have any idea where I can get a thermostat for mine...or how to jerry-rig it with some other standard furnace part...
I'm not much of a fixer, but I'd like to be able to tell the couple buying my Scamp where they can go to get it fixed. My RV shop said they couldn't fix it as they had no idea where to get RETRO parts like that.
Thanks for any help you can give me!
Barbara
gardencoach[at]live.com
Old 06-08-2009, 08:02 PM   #18

The grill measures 10 1/4" wide by 16 1/2" long.

Tags
furnace