Wanted:1 original cabinet latch for Trillium 4500 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-22-2008, 02:50 AM   #1

Trailer: Trillium 4500
I added a new cabinet to my Trillium 4500 and I need 1 latch set. I really want to keep the hardware consistant if at all possible. If anyone has an extra latch (even if the spring is broken) I would appreciate if you would sell it and I will also pay the shipping costs.

Thank you,
Joe
Old 07-22-2008, 08:40 AM   #2

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Joe, if no one answers up quickly, can you post a picture of the latch? It's possible it's used on other brands of trailers....
Old 07-22-2008, 11:53 AM   #3

Quote:
Joe, if no one answers up quickly, can you post a picture of the latch? It's possible it's used on other brands of trailers....
Thanks Donna,
I will do that for sure. There must be somone out there that has replaced the cabinet latches and have a few kicking around.

Joe
Old 07-22-2008, 12:02 PM   #4

Trailer: 1975 Surfside TM14 (front kitchen)
Registry
Send a message via MSN to Scott S. Send a message via Yahoo to Scott S.
I have a few of the cabinet pull handles that you are welcome to. they're from a Surfside but I think they're the same.
I'll send a pic if you want. I used something different but I know the hole centers (4.15") were not available any more.

Quote:
Thanks Donna,
I will do that for sure. There must be somone out there that has replaced the cabinet latches and have a few kicking around.

Joe
Old 07-23-2008, 10:11 AM   #5

Quote:
I have a few of the cabinet pull handles that you are welcome to. they're from a Surfside but I think they're the same.
I'll send a pic if you want. I used something different but I know the hole centers (4.15") were not available any more.
Hey Scott,
Than would be very much appreciated. Mine are brass/brown looking with a white nylon push release. If you have time to sent a picture please do. I will try to post a picture also.

Thank you,
Joe
Old 07-30-2008, 05:05 AM   #6

Trailer: Former 1978 Trillium 4500 owner (now 2010 R-pod)
Ontario
Hi Joe,

Mr Hughes up at Hughes RV in Orangeville was able to order a few of these in for me this past winter. They fit the same holes as the old latches and are half the price of most RV places. Yes there is a little groove in the handle and the plastic is brown instead of white but they are otherwise the same. I bought an extra one (anticipating another latch breaking in the future, lol) You are welcome to borrow it to see if is suitable for you.

Phil (in Burlington)
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_4747.JPG  
Old 08-03-2008, 05:08 AM   #7

Quote:
Hi Joe,

Mr Hughes up at Hughes RV in Orangeville was able to order a few of these in for me this past winter. They fit the same holes as the old latches and are half the price of most RV places. Yes there is a little groove in the handle and the plastic is brown instead of white but they are otherwise the same. I bought an extra one (anticipating another latch breaking in the future, lol) You are welcome to borrow it to see if is suitable for you.

Phil (in Burlington)
Hi Phil,
That is very kind of you Phil. After seeing your 4500 at Bolerama with the compartment door access over the other wheel well, I decided to cut the opening and fit a new cupboard door for the extra storage. To my surprise, there was a roughed in wooden frame from the factory. This made it very easy to cut out with my jig saw. This is the perfect storage area for all our shoes / rain gear and made our trip to Tobermory clutter free during our stay.

Thank you for the information. I am going to check out Scotts offer from Winnipeg to see if I can get an identical match from him. If that does not work out, you have given me a perfect alternative.

Many thanks again.
Joe

Old 08-03-2008, 05:13 AM   #8

Quote:
Hey Scott,
Than would be very much appreciated. Mine are brass/brown looking with a white nylon push release. If you have time to sent a picture please do. I will try to post a picture also.

Thank you,
Joe
Hi Scott,
I was wondering if you could view the photo of the latch that Phil posted. That is the exact one that I am looking for. Is it the same as the ones you have from your Surf Side?

Joe
Old 08-03-2008, 12:05 PM   #9

Trailer: Trillium 5500
Quote:
Hi Scott,
I was wondering if you could view the photo of the latch that Phil posted. That is the exact one that I am looking for. Is it the same as the ones you have from your Surf Side?

Joe
Joe, I also have a few of those latches left over from my old Boler. They are the same style. If Scott's dont work, let me know and you can have mine. I found about 5 or 6 in various states in my bag of Trailer bits in the basement.

Janice
Old 08-04-2008, 05:57 AM   #10

Quote:
Joe, I also have a few of those latches left over from my old Boler. They are the same style. If Scott's dont work, let me know and you can have mine. I found about 5 or 6 in various states in my bag of Trailer bits in the basement.

Janice
Hi Janice,
That sounds great. I will wait a few more days for Scott's reply then get back to you if I don't hear anything there. I know that the Boler latches are identical to the Trillium ones...not too familliar with Surf Side trailers at all. I really appreciate this offer Janice.

Thank you,

Joe
Old 08-14-2008, 07:08 PM   #11

Quote:
Hi Janice,
That sounds great. I will wait a few more days for Scott's reply then get back to you if I don't hear anything there. I know that the Boler latches are identical to the Trillium ones...not too familliar with Surf Side trailers at all. I really appreciate this offer Janice.

Thank you,

Joe
Thank you again for the latches Janice. They match perfectly with the ones on my Trillium 4500.
Old 08-14-2008, 07:11 PM   #12

Quote:
Hi Phil,
That is very kind of you Phil. After seeing your 4500 at Bolerama with the compartment door access over the other wheel well, I decided to cut the opening and fit a new cupboard door for the extra storage. To my surprise, there was a roughed in wooden frame from the factory. This made it very easy to cut out with my jig saw. This is the perfect storage area for all our shoes / rain gear and made our trip to Tobermory clutter free during our stay.

Thank you for the information. I am going to check out Scotts offer from Winnipeg to see if I can get an identical match from him. If that does not work out, you have given me a perfect alternative.

Many thanks again.
Joe
Hi Phil,
Thank you again for the info. Janice M. from Victoria BC had a few extras from her unit and she sent them to me and they are a perfect match.

Take care,
Joe
Old 08-15-2008, 04:45 AM   #13

Trailer: Former 1978 Trillium 4500 owner (now 2010 R-pod)
Ontario
Quote:
Hi Phil,
Thank you again for the info. Janice M. from Victoria BC had a few extras from her unit and she sent them to me and they are a perfect match.

Take care,
Joe
Hey Joe,

No problem, Joe glad to hear you were able to find the originals. I look forward to seeing your new cabinet when we next meet.

Cheers,

Phil
Old 08-15-2008, 08:12 AM   #14

Trailer: 1975 Surfside TM14 (front kitchen)
Registry
Send a message via MSN to Scott S. Send a message via Yahoo to Scott S.
mine are just pulls... no button. sorry

Quote:
Hey Scott,

Thank you,
Joe
Old 02-16-2009, 10:57 PM   #15

Trailer: 1970 Boler
Has anyone tracked down a supply of these latches (as per photo above) ?

I am nearing completion of an overhead cabinet in my Boler and want the hardware to match the rest.

thanks,

- Kurt

Tags
trillium