wanted slide awning or add-a-room for 13" trillium - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-13-2009, 06:31 AM   #1

Trailer: 1976 Trillium 13 ft
We're looking for a slide awning or add-a-room in good shape for a 1976 Trillium 1300. Please reply here or email tentline[at]sympatico.ca We're in Ontario.
Thanks

Old 07-19-2009, 09:15 PM   #2

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
A bag awning would work perfect for your 13 Trillium and they are easy to install and remarkably affordable. look here...

http://www.interwestsports.com/bag%20awnings.html

The squareness of the Trillium along with it's extra heighth [compared to say..Boler 13] makes it the perfect application for a bag awning

you will need to install some of this...

http://www.rvawningsonline.com/index.php?m...;products_id=95
Old 07-20-2009, 06:41 AM   #3

Thanks for your reply. The bag awnings are nice-
We already have an awning rail on our trailer but I do like the idea of the bag awning or even the bag screen room. Does anyone know if these bag awnings will fit into the original awning rail that we have?
Old 07-20-2009, 10:18 AM   #4

Trailer: Trillium 13 ft 1973
Travis & Nora, I have a rope style awning with green & white sunbrella fabric...I replaced it with a bag awning. To do so I had to remove the old rail and install one at the roof line to allow the bag to clear the door.
We are in Belleville in S.E. Ontario. shoot a PM to me if you are interested in the rope awning.
Cheers...Alistair
Old 07-20-2009, 07:29 PM   #5

Trailer: U-Haul 16 ft Vacationer
Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin A
We use a First Up, that we purchased at a Wal-Mart. It goes up in 5 minutes and has a screen house and wind screen panels. We like it as our "outdoor living room" with our 16' UHaul VT. These are on sale most places now that the summer season is starting to wind down. Ours was about $89 plus the screen room and wind panels. All told, about $175 covered the whole thing (10' x 10').

Click image for larger version

Name:	Uhaul_with_Tent.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	288.7 KB
ID:	21920
Old 07-20-2009, 07:36 PM   #6

Very cool! Thanks

[quote]We use a First Up, that we purchased at a Wal-Mart. It goes up in 5 minutes and has a screen house and wind screen panels. We like it as our "outdoor living room" with our 16' UHaul VT. These are on sale most places now that the summer season is starting to wind down. Ours was about $89 plus the screen room and wind panels. All told, about $175 covered the whole thing (10' x 10').

Attachment 21920
Old 08-01-2009, 08:56 AM   #7

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
Very cool! Thanks

There is a bag awning listed here for $162 that fits Trilliums. Has anyone looked into this?
http://www.trilliumrv.com/Parts/PartsList.htm
Karen
Old 08-01-2009, 01:16 PM   #8

Trailer: 13 ft Burro
[quote]We use a First Up, that we purchased at a Wal-Mart. It goes up in 5 minutes and has a screen house and wind screen panels. We like it as our "outdoor living room" with our 16' UHaul VT. These are on sale most places now that the summer season is starting to wind down. Ours was about $89 plus the screen room and wind panels. All told, about $175 covered the whole thing (10' x 10').

Attachment 21920

Hello Kevin

I see you have a roof top air conditioner on your U-Haul. Did you have to do support work for the roof to carry the weight?

We have a 13' Burro and was thinking of adding a roof top air conditioner.

Thanks

Dave and Tess
Old 08-02-2009, 06:59 PM   #9

Quote:
There is a bag awning listed here for $162 that fits Trilliums. Has anyone looked into this?
http://www.trilliumrv.com/Parts/PartsList.htm
Karen

Thanks Karen!
I'm going to give Trillium a call to see if it will fit in my existing rope awning track.
I'll keep my fingers crossed that it will.
Old 08-14-2009, 04:39 AM   #10

Trailer: 13 ft 1968 Boler
Send a message via AIM to Joe Diaz Send a message via Yahoo to Joe Diaz
Quote:
Thanks Karen!
I'm going to give Trillium a call to see if it will fit in my existing rope awning track.
I'll keep my fingers crossed that it will.
Travis and Nora I ahve a 13' boler and I MADE my own awning. I went to a local RV dealer here in Central Fl and asked them if they ahd any old awning from wrecks and lo and behold WALA they had a 21' long 7' wide awning that was in the way. I bought it for $30 got back about $12 in Aluminum and went to work. went to the RV parts palce and bought a track for I guess a rope and it had a hole every 3" or so attached that to the body above the door of my Boler and slid the sewn en into that track. put 2 poles about 7' out and bingo instant awning. Now when we travel we take it off and fold it up and put it inside the camper so as not to have it banging around at 65 MPH....I have pix of it that I will post but if you have any questions email me at Joebugs50[at]yahoo.com.....
Attached Thumbnails
P3250001__Small_.JPG   P3250002__Small_.JPG  

P3250003__Small_.JPG  
Old 08-14-2009, 06:25 AM   #11

Your awning looks good. Sweet trailer too!
We have located an awning. Trillium is making bag awnings now that fit the original rails. I'm just waiting for some pictures so we can choose the colour. We plan to order in the next few weeks. Thank you to everyone for you photos and suggestions.
Nora

Quote:
Travis and Nora I ahve a 13' boler and I MADE my own awning. I went to a local RV dealer here in Central Fl and asked them if they ahd any old awning from wrecks and lo and behold WALA they had a 21' long 7' wide awning that was in the way. I bought it for $30 got back about $12 in Aluminum and went to work. went to the RV parts palce and bought a track for I guess a rope and it had a hole every 3" or so attached that to the body above the door of my Boler and slid the sewn en into that track. put 2 poles about 7' out and bingo instant awning. Now when we travel we take it off and fold it up and put it inside the camper so as not to have it banging around at 65 MPH....I have pix of it that I will post but if you have any questions email me at Joebugs50[at]yahoo.com.....
Old 08-14-2009, 07:04 AM   #12

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
Quote:
Hello Kevin

I see you have a roof top air conditioner on your U-Haul. Did you have to do support work for the roof to carry the weight?

We have a 13' Burro and was thinking of adding a roof top air conditioner.

Thanks

Dave and Tess

Dave:

This is Cindy replying. Sorry, we have been on vacation with iffy Internet.
Our UHaul, that is the 16' version, was designed for an air conditioner. It was built with the necessary supports.

Cindy, wife of Kevin

Tags
trillium