wanted stone guard for window - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Marketplace > Classified Archives
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-21-2006, 10:30 PM   #1

Trailer: 1975 Boler
i am looking for a stone guard for the front window. located in so cal.
if you have one available.. please let me know what you want for it shipped to 90713.
thanks!
Old 02-22-2006, 09:43 AM   #2

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Okay Eric...but for what BRAND of trailer (size too maybe?) Your profile states:
Quote:
RV Type:good question
I couldn't get a Burro gravel shield to fit my Scamp if I tried (okay, maybe with 3-4 rolls of duct tape )
Old 02-22-2006, 09:50 AM   #3

well, i quess i'm searching for the guard a bit too early. i have to determine what type of trailer this is first i soppose.
i havent picked it up yet. i'll be going out there this week some time to tow it home.

it looks a bit rough on the outside, but it is clear that this thing has spent 95% of its life sitting in storage. the interior is in like new condition.
more pics to come when i pick it up.
can you tell what type it is?

it sure looks like a boler to me, but i am new at this.
Attached Thumbnails
44542736.JPG  
Old 02-22-2006, 09:59 AM   #4

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Boler or Scamp or a knock off...for sure. Whatever I'm certain you're going to love it!

Even with the fire the Scamp Parts department is up and running. Give them a call. The same Gravel Shield for the Scamp will fit this trailer. Gravel Shield plus hanging hardware...$78.50 (2005 prices) + S&H. BUT, wait until you get the trailer home...you may need to order the front (and back??) window gasket material as well. Better to get it all shipped at once to save S&H costs. I ordered the gravel shield last year and it was padded with brand new rat fur! wooohoooo, now I can replace the stained rat fur on my door (for FREE!!!)
Old 02-22-2006, 10:30 AM   #5

thank you very much for your response, donna.
i'm sure i'll love it too. i am one of those "project" type people. i have already got some stuff planned for it. first will be an electric pump for the water. a nice heater, [looking at the olympian wave 6] any suggestions there?
and a deep cell battery or two to run this thing on.
i'll wait until i get the thing in my driveway before ordering the guard so i can confirm the size.
Old 02-23-2006, 10:04 AM   #6

Trailer: 1979 13 ft Boler and 1987 Bigfoot 5th Wheel
Registry
Welcome to the site Erik! I saw that trailer in the recycler and posted it here a couple days ago. Linda called on it but was told someone was coming to look at, sounds like it was you.

It looks like a Boler to me (I have one sitting in my driveway). Now there are 3 fiberglass trailer owners in Lakewood. Maybe that is some kind of record?

PS. Your trailer might actually have a thin layer of insulation on the walls unless they are bare raw fiberglass. Post a picture of the inside when you get it home and maybe we can help determine what's going on with that.
Old 02-23-2006, 10:49 AM   #7

Quote:
Welcome to the site Erik! I saw that trailer in the recycler and posted it here a couple days ago. Linda called on it but was told someone was coming to look at, sounds like it was you.

It looks like a Boler to me (I have one sitting in my driveway). Now there are 3 fiberglass trailer owners in Lakewood. Maybe that is some kind of record?

PS. Your trailer might actually have a thin layer of insulation on the walls unless they are bare raw fiberglass. Post a picture of the inside when you get it home and maybe we can help determine what's going on with that.
wow! lakewood is a small place. maybe we could have our own boler-fest. LOL
i am going to pick it up this afternoon, so i'll see if i can get a couple of pictures of it up on the web this evening.
there is no insulation in there whatsoever. it is bare fiberglass walls. thanks for the warm welcome.
maybe since we are neighbors, i'll have you over to get a look at it, and you can tell me what it is, and if i got a deal.
i am at south and woodruff~

my main hobby is jeeping, and offroading in the big rocks of johnson valley, and the like. looks like i have a new one to play with. my wife is happy about not sleeping in a tent that is blowing over any more. i'll have to fix this thing up real nice for her.
Old 02-23-2006, 11:20 AM   #8

Registry
Quote:
wow! lakewood is a small place. maybe we could have our own boler-fest. LOL
i am going to pick it up this afternoon, so i'll see if i can get a couple of pictures of it up on the web this evening.
there is no insulation in there whatsoever. it is bare fiberglass walls. thanks for the warm welcome.
maybe since we are neighbors, i'll have you over to get a look at it, and you can tell me what it is, and if i got a deal.
i am at south and woodruff~

my main hobby is jeeping, and offroading in the big rocks of johnson valley, and the like. looks like i have a new one to play with. my wife is happy about not sleeping in a tent that is blowing over any more. i'll have to fix this thing up real nice for her.
Small world indeed. I drove a CJ7 and Scrambler for 12 years as daily drivers. We are Jeepless right now tho, we didn't sell you a jeep did we? We would be glad to stop by and look at the trailer. You are welcome to see ours too (we are at PV & Carson). It's a complete rebuild that we have been working on for a loooong time. It's almost ready to use!

I agree with your wife, sleeping in a trailer is much better!
Old 02-23-2006, 05:24 PM   #9

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
Liz LUVS bolers in her driveway.
Old 02-23-2006, 05:29 PM   #10

Registry
I have nuthin' against Burros in my driveway either.
Old 02-23-2006, 10:19 PM   #11

Quote:
I have nuthin' against Burros in my driveway either.
are you offering to "store" my new trailer?
well, i just got back from a looong day of driving. it pulls very nice. i'm sure it will do great behind my jeep.
now onto the cleaning, and modding.
Old 02-24-2006, 12:40 AM   #12

Registry
Quote:
are you offering to "store" my new trailer?
Well ya see Erik, I kind of got in trouble with the city over the whole trailer in the driveway thing. I had three...or was it four trailers in my driveway. Someone complained and the city wrote me a nice letter telling me it was against code and to move them. I moved them all away but the Boler which was ok for a while and then they popped me for that (threatened leagal action), so I moved it into the street the day they did the reinspection. I figure it was selective enforcement anyway because there are tons of other trailers in driveways up and down my street. I can point my finger straight across the street to who complained and started the "code enforcement". Lovely neighbor.

Gina knows the whole story and was giving me a hard time about it. She's mean that way, I think she should have to go to her room (really she's a good friend of mine).

Glad to hear the trailer made it home safely!
Old 02-24-2006, 10:09 AM   #13

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Talking

Quote:
can you tell what type it is?

it sure looks like a [b]boler to me, but i am new at this.
That squared (not radius corner) sliding window could prove to be a clue as to the genaeology of your trailer. What does the window on the street side look like?