Wanted Water heater - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Marketplace > Classified Archives
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-21-2009, 08:31 PM   #1

Trailer: U-Haul VT16
Looking for a pilot light 6 gallon water heater with cover, AC would be a plus.
Thanks, Mike
Old 10-21-2009, 09:36 PM   #2

Trailer: Fiber Stream 16 ft
Registry
Quote:
Thanks, Mike
Try RVdoctorgeorge.com

There is no such thing as an all black cat.
Old 10-31-2009, 11:46 AM   #3

Trailer: Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Quote:
Thanks, Mike
Are you looking for a used one? I have an old motorhome I plan to scrap. The waterheater worked good last time I fired it 5 years ago. I will check it out. I am in central Mich. Rus
Old 11-01-2009, 12:09 PM   #4

That's what I'm looking for with door.
Let me know.
I live south of Jackon but, I'm in Lansing alot and can pick up.
Thanks, Mike
Old 11-04-2009, 07:00 PM   #5

Quote:
That's what I'm looking for with door.
Let me know.
I live south of Jackon but, I'm in Lansing alot and can pick up.
Thanks, Mike
Hi Mike. I got the water heater out of the motorhome tonight. I hooked up a reg and gas tank to test it out. Within a few seconds the pilot lit up. After another minute I turned the dial to "on" and away it went! the flame looked good. I only ran it for a few seconds because of only a little water in it. I turned it back to pilot and back to on several times and it never failed to light. Whenever I get a chance I want to fill it with water and fire it up to see if all is well. The dimensions of it are 20 1/2 inches from front, the control end to the rear. The width and heigth are both 12 5/8 inches. I was able to get the door frame off without damage and I found the door too. The hot and cold water lines are on the rear end. They appear to be 1/2 inch pipe thread. The gas line connection is 3/8 flare copper tubing. The outside of it is nothing more than a galvanized tin box. The bottom side was sitting just a 1/4 " thick piece of scrap paneling. The sides were about 2 1/2" from cumbustible wood inside the closet. About the same on top. The only thing I would be concerned about is the condition of the preasure relief valve after all this time. It may work just fine but I think I would replace it. If it all checks out when I fill it and fire it, I would like $50 for it. I have a daughter that works in Mason and if all goes OK you might be able to pick it up where she works whenever we see her again. The tiolet seems to be functional.I dont know if non use is detrimental to seals and valves or not. I'd take $20 for that.
You can call me at 989-433-2637 after 4:30 most nights. Rus
Old 11-04-2009, 10:06 PM   #6

Hi Rus,
I'll take them, I just got in so I'll call you tomorrow.
Thanks, Mike
Oh thanks for all the hard work in getting the WH tested.
Old 11-07-2009, 06:25 PM   #7

Quote:
Hi Rus,
I'll take them, I just got in so I'll call you tomorrow.
Thanks, Mike
Oh thanks for all the hard work in getting the WH tested.
Hi again Mike. I set the water heater up on a bench and filled it with water and fired it up. In about 50 minutes it shut the burner down and returned to pilot mode, just as it should. No leaks detected and no sign of rust in it. I will try to get that toilet out next week so we can get the 2 items down to Mason for you next weekend when my daughter comes up here for the day. I will let you know. Rus
Old 12-03-2009, 10:01 PM   #8

Ha Rus,
I picked up the water heater today. I want to thank you and your daughter for being so helpful. I believe the WH will work great for what I need.
Your daughter though there was a bag of parts but didn't find them. I got the heater and the door, screws and, frame assy.
Should there be any other parts let me know and I'll send you the mail for postage.
Again thanks,
Mike