WTB window handle for uhaul CT13 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-04-2009, 08:01 PM   #1

Trailer: U-Haul VT16
Looking for a a sliding window locking handle for a 1984 Uhaul ct13. Anyhelp will be appreciated. Also, any suppliers for the curtain plastic coated springs.
Thanks for any help.
Old 09-04-2009, 09:01 PM   #2

Trailer: 1974 Boler 13 ft (Neonex/Winnipeg)
We had a thread about those curtain rods not too long ago. I'm not sure which exact ones U-haul used, but I'm talking about the rods that are like long springs coated in white vinyl, and that have little eyes on the ends of the springs that fit onto clips on the wall.

I found these at a Wal-Mart in Ontario, in with the rest of the house curtain rods, and they were called "curtain wires." They were just one of the generic brands that all the other lightweight curtain rods and supplies were.

I passed them up thinking "Why haul them back over the border when I can get them at Wal-Mart?"

Then I found that --- in my hunting anyway --- they are not available at any US Wal-Marts or anywhere else I've happened to look. I haven't search exhaustively (or on the web), but I have looked at a lot of Wal-Marts, Targets, Jo-Ann Fabrics, and the like. No curtain wires!

A number of folks piped in to mention that they had found them at various stores, but I noticed these people were all posting from ... Canada.

If you have a friend in Canada....

Raya
Old 09-05-2009, 06:47 AM   #3

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
I have no idea what the sliding window locking handle even looks like... sorry. But you may find what you need here: Windows and Window Parts
Old 09-05-2009, 10:00 AM   #4

Trailer: Casita 16 ft 1984 and U-Haul CT13 1985
Registry
Quote:
... Also, any suppliers for the curtain plastic coated springs.
We got ours from a British supplier on eBay. Here's the results of a search I did today. (Scroll down to see the results from international sellers.) They call it net curtain wire.

Jeanne
Old 09-18-2009, 06:38 PM   #5

Trailer: U-Haul VT16
Quote:
We got ours from a British supplier on eBay. Here's the results of a search I did today. (Scroll down to see the results from international sellers.) They call it net curtain wire.

Jeanne

You guys are good ,Thanks for the help I would have never found them.
Mike

Tags
u-haul, uhaul