(2008 Spring Event) May Week End Event - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-27-2008, 02:00 PM   #1

Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
Registry
The Trailer Goddess and I just got back from a 2 hour chat with Stan, the manager of The Fort. He is very impressed how our l'il gathering has increased in numbers over the years and has nothing but GOOD things to say about Craig and his organizational skills and the Eggers who have volunteered their time n effort to help over the years.

We did a walk about with him and examined the (under current re-fit) pool which he says will be open 'special' for sure for our event. The outdoor diner is also presently apart but Dennis, the chef, has promised that it too will be available for the weekend. He is without an 'assistant' right now and is L King for some

There will be pedal bikes (and regular bikes) available for rent along with canoes. I talked Stan into putting on not one, but two movie nights. Kiddies night will be SUPERVISED on Friday night 7 to 9(ish) and Saturday 7 to 9(ish) adult movie night (provided we supply our own supervision).
(Special note: NO OVERT ALCOHOL) No mention made of available pop corn but it IS available in the store.

It seems that the late comers were given sites 'outside' our marked area and has cancellations come in (in our area) these people have been relocated into the known vacancys.

A special side note here for Saturday:

For those 's in our midst, " " Saturday between the hours of about 11:00 till 2 or maybe 3 P.M. MIGHT be a good place to Park n Sit in the most Western lot on Chinook road. Spaces are at a premium, so....well, I'm sure ya'll know THAT routine!!!

For all those interested please don't forget the potluck Saturday evening as well.
Attached Thumbnails
ooooooh_NOOO_.jpg  
Doug Mager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 03:53 PM   #2

Trailer: 2007 17.5 ft Bigfoot (25B17.5G)
Registry
And just to add a note about our precious, four-legged friends. I would suggest not bringing a dog into the registration office when checking in. I did that two years ago, not thinking that I was doing anything wrong, and the people at the desk freaked out. It is not a "dog friendly" space. They didn't even like it when I tied Addy up to one of the posts outside of the office. Sorry folks, she goes wherever I go. You have to be a dog person to understand, I guess. I am really looking forward to seeing everyone again. At this Meet-up, I'm again an official Canadian citizen (and proud of it!).

Ron
Ron N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 09:38 PM   #3

Registry
Ron, you know my/our feelings toward Addy and this is even more pronounced than before, having to lay to rest our dear Heidi last Nov.
The issue presented here is that there are a lot of people who have MANY allergies to our pets and now that the 'Office' at the Fort is now designated a food service area, ALL pets will be even more frowned upon for 'health reasons'. How many restaurants/food service areas can you take Addy in with you when you 'dine out'?

Addy WILL survive alone for the short times you are AWOL from the hard boiled egg, LOL, just be sure to bring Addy around to # 9 for a visit or two!!!! We enjoy scratching behind ears (although NOT yours Ron) and throwing balls.
Old 05-04-2008, 09:54 PM   #4

Trailer: Trillium 13 ft 1976
Lightbulb

Quote:
The Trailer Goddess and I just got back from a 2 hour chat with Stan, the manager of The Fort. He is very impressed how our l'il gathering has increased in numbers over the years and has nothing but GOOD things to say about Craig and his organizational skills and the Eggers who have volunteered their time n effort to help over the years.

We did a walk about with him and examined the (under current re-fit) pool which he says will be open 'special' for sure for our event. The outdoor diner is also presently apart but Dennis, the chef, has promised that it too will be available for the weekend. He is without an 'assistant' right now and is L King for some

There will be pedal bikes (and regular bikes) available for rent along with canoes. I talked Stan into putting on not one, but two movie nights. Kiddies night will be SUPERVISED on Friday night 7 to 9(ish) and Saturday 7 to 9(ish) adult movie night (provided we supply our own supervision).
(Special note: NO OVERT ALCOHOL) No mention made of available pop corn but it IS available in the store.

It seems that the late comers were given sites 'outside' our marked area and has cancellations come in (in our area) these people have been relocated into the known vacancys.

A special side note here for Saturday:

For those 's in our midst, " " Saturday between the hours of about 11:00 till 2 or maybe 3 P.M. MIGHT be a good place to Park n Sit in the most Western lot on Chinook road. Spaces are at a premium, so....well, I'm sure ya'll know THAT routine!!!

For all those interested please don't forget the potluck Saturday evening as well.

Hey Doug i am having no luck getting hold of Craig so I will let you know I am got the time off work and am coming down on friday. they have a spot for me in dragonfly. If there are any cancellations I would sure appreciate a head's up. Well am off to sleep as I have spent the day cut polishing and then waxing my green grape. the arms are done! Can't wait to meet everyone!
Janet G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 07:03 AM   #5
Administrator

Trailer: Casita 1999 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Registry
So, wow, nobody who attended has anything to tell us about how it went?

Sure, sure. Plenty of build up beforehand, but no pictures or tall tales after the fact. Or, perhaps there was nothing "remarkable" about the gathering??? (I find that hard to believe!)

PICS, PICS - we wanna see PICS!

Info on Adding Photos to a Post
RV Life Network FAQ
Mary F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 05:20 PM   #6

Registry
Mary, seeing as how you asked, there's a little story behing my 'lack' of pics at this event....

I had prearranged with the owner/publisher of a local r/v magazine to do a photo shoot of this event. I was promised a full front page picture and full use of whatever part of the magazine I needed to get all (or most all) the pictures in the next issue.

Guess what.... my digi-camera went belly-up the Friday evening as people were starting to arrive. NOW I have to rely on Craig (and maybe others that took pictures) to get pictures up here. ANY event that starts the first year with only 5 or 6 trailers and expands to 60+ entrys in five years deserves some decent coverage. So now I can only sit back and wait for others to hellp fill in the blanks.

Craig has promised the fall event to be even 'biggAr' (LOL) and better and plans are underway for next springs event as well. There is hope that one year we will bw able to fill the park with Glass Eggs.

Those that pre-ordered and paid for event T shirts will be glad to know that our order has gone in to the shirt lady and they WILL be ready for our Sept meet. Prices again were $10 for small, medium, large and extra large; with XXL being $11 and XXXL comes in at $12.

All prices are in Canuck Bucks and NO .....Canadian Tire money is N O T accepted!
Old 05-21-2008, 11:15 PM   #7
Administrator

Registry
Okay, that's a start!

How 'bout a pic of the t-shirt?

I was just surprised there wasn't a single, "wow that was fun/it was nice meeting everyone" post!!

RV Life Network FAQ
Old 05-23-2008, 10:33 PM   #8

Trailer: 72 Trillium 13 ft
Registry
Quote:
Okay, that's a start!

How 'bout a pic of the t-shirt?

I was just surprised there wasn't a single, "wow that was fun/it was nice meeting everyone" post!!
Hi Mary,

I can sure say 'Wow!' When I first started the meet in 2002 we had 9 trailers. This last event we had 63 fibreglass trailers and 3 Glass Egg wanna-be's. I have pictures of all the participants as well as the great T-Shirts on my web page at: http://members.shaw.ca/glass.eggs.three/May%202008.html so everyone can get their fill of eye candy.

I also have the September registration page up for those who are interested at: http://members.shaw.ca/glass.eggs.three/Se...ber%202008.html

If you are interested in attending the meet, you [b]must contact me via email to reserve a site. I'm a busy guy and don't get to check the forums as often as I would like!

Craig
Craig Breckenridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 08:05 AM   #9
Administrator

Registry
Thanks, Craig!

RV Life Network FAQ

Tags
2008 ft. langley, rally