American goods.... - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-19-2009, 10:42 PM   #1

Trailer: 77 Scamp
So I live in the grand ol state or washington and plan to head up to langley mothers day.....want any goods that you can only purchase in the US of A......lemmy know

*timing Doug to see how long it takes him to see this*
Flygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 09:26 AM   #2

Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
Registry
We crashed early last night Brandy, came back from service for a departed rod buddy up in P.George. (was very stressful for me).

Lo-Dose asa
boneless country style pork
a nice big london broil an not to forget:
Attached Thumbnails
Cruzan_Clipper_120.jpg  
Doug Mager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 09:47 AM   #3

Trailer: 77 Scamp
12 hours
doug your getting slow......
ribs and london...gotcha....the rest your on your own
Flygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 08:24 PM   #4

Trailer: 2007 17.5 ft Bigfoot (25B17.5G)
Registry
The "Rum Runner" will be bringing a fifth... for Doug and The Trailer Goddess...
Ron N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 09:21 PM   #5

Registry
A Fifth??? Qu'est ca?

The good stuff only comes in 26ozers and the T/G HATES the (mans) Nectar of the Gods, LOL!!!! SHE, who must be obeyed prefers Franzia's Fresh or was the Refreshing White(??)

Merci Beaucoup, R/Runner !!!
Old 04-28-2009, 02:15 PM   #6

Trailer: 2008 T@da
Quote:
A Fifth??? Qu'est ca?

The good stuff only comes in 26ozers and the T/G HATES the (mans) Nectar of the Gods, LOL!!!! SHE, who must be obeyed prefers Franzia's Fresh or was the Refreshing White(??)

Merci Beaucoup, R/Runner !!!

please can i have 12 red hook ESB? we dont have it in CN
Terrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 09:29 AM   #7

Registry
Quote:
please can i have 12 red hook ESB? we dont have it in CN
Welcome back STrAngEr!!!!

Rum Runner, PLEASE forget my request for the Clipper stuff. Partying at Terrie's place would be a better option....
Attached Images

Old 04-29-2009, 01:19 PM   #8

Registry
Unhappy

Quote:
Welcome back STrAngEr!!!!

Rum Runner, PLEASE forget my request for the Clipper stuff. Partying at Terrie's place would be a better option....
Okie, dokie... That allows me to bring 24 - 12 oz cans/bottles of Red Hook ESB. The import rules don't permit me to bring in both the rum and the beer. I wonder why not??
Old 04-29-2009, 08:59 PM   #9

Registry
Rum Runner aka "Flexible Ron": Be forwarned;
...don't KID yourself, 40 oz's allowed is 40 oz's. 4 bottles of beer=48oz! Depends on who you get at customs IF they'll allow you more than that, usually a half sac (6 pack) of beer is easily allowed.

This is the main reason why MOST alcohol 'importers' opt for the hard stuff (Cruzan Clipper Rum??)instead of wine or just beer. More bang for the buck.....
Old 04-30-2009, 06:47 AM   #10

Registry
Q. How much liquor can I bring into Canada?
A. You are allowed to bring in 24-12 oz. cans or bottles of beer or 40 oz liquor or 1.5 litres of wine free of duties and taxes. You must be 19 years of age to import alcohol into Ontario. Any amount in excess of 45 liters will not be allowed entry.
Old 04-30-2009, 08:23 AM   #11

Trailer: 2009 19 ft Escape / 2009 Honda Pilot
Registry
Quote:
This is the main reason why MOST alcohol 'importers' opt for the hard stuff (Cruzan Clipper Rum??)instead of wine or just beer. More bang for the buck.....
No way, it is because you can get better beer in Canada, so why bother bringing it in, unless you go for the cheap stuff as the US pricing is WAY better on booze.

And yes, I have taken a couple cases plus some hard stuff across both ways before, and they did not seem concerned.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 09:28 AM   #12

Registry
Yep, I guess it all depends on who you talk with at customs. The 'rule' IS 40oz and I have had a 24 (commonly referred to as a suitcase here) removed from my vehicle WHEN TRAVELING alone. IF they NOW allow 2 dozen beer, its news to me (what else is new??) I've never sampled the Red Hook that Terrie is asking for, but I to prefer our Canadian Barlay Sandwiches anyway. Ron, just a thought here, IF you plan to import 2 dozen beer, MAYBE 2 12's might be a wise choice (same price??) that way IF they say NO to the 2 dozen then they'd prolly allow 1 dozen. IF you have to pay any expenses for booze at the border, it NOW makes the cheaper price NOT SO CHEAP anymore!!

I'v heard also about 'personal bar' in an R/V. allowing more alcohol to be imported, anyone know anymore about this??
Old 04-30-2009, 01:19 PM   #13

Registry
Quote:
Yep, I guess it all depends on who you talk with at customs. The 'rule' IS 40oz and I have had a 24 (commonly referred to as a suitcase here) removed from my vehicle WHEN TRAVELING alone. IF they NOW allow 2 dozen beer, its news to me (what else is new??) I've never sampled the Red Hook that Terrie is asking for, but I to prefer our Canadian Barlay Sandwiches anyway. Ron, just a thought here, IF you plan to import 2 dozen beer, MAYBE 2 12's might be a wise choice (same price??) that way IF they say NO to the 2 dozen then they'd prolly allow 1 dozen. IF you have to pay any expenses for booze at the border, it NOW makes the cheaper price NOT SO CHEAP anymore!!

I'v heard also about 'personal bar' in an R/V. allowing more alcohol to be imported, anyone know anymore about this??
I got that information right off the Internet so it MUST be true!!! Right? LOL
Anyway, I figure that when I arrive at the border, I'll have 24 bottles with me (in two 12-packs). I'm going to stay three and a half days. That equals 6.857 bottles a day. To a beer drinker, that seems to be a pretty reasonable consumption amount, right? Right!!

So, last Fall, I'm crossing the border and present my Canadian passport and Canadian I.D. card and the guys says "how long ya gonna be in Canada, eh?". So, I look at him with this half puzzled, half pissed look and said to him "how many Canadian citizens do you ask how long they're going to be in a country in which they are a citizen?" Whoops, wrong question to the wrong person... Won't do that again. I just about got my vehicle and trailer trashed while they looked for imaginary contraband. Whew!!
Old 04-30-2009, 11:29 PM   #14

Registry
Past experience dictates NEVER volunteer any more info than you are asked. Usually this action results in further questions being asked. This works coming or going across the border. Smart a$$ed remarks will usually invite further questioning, further delays OR worse!
"They" also don't care what YOU cosider usual/reasonable amount for ANY drinker to consume OR how long you are going to be 'out of the country'.

'One' is (technically??) only allowed X numer of ounces of alcohol per visit, EVEN if you are only crossing the border to gas up, AS LONG as this declared amount of alcohol does NOT return with you unless you are out of the country for 48 hours. I can buy a 40ozer and enter the US, NOT open the alcohol and return to Canada with it AFTER being away for 48 hours. I think, what that boils down to is any American can import 40oz of alcohol into Canada almost every time they come across. Or vice-versa. The trick is to ALWAYS, if asked, say this (declared) alcohol is for personal consumption NOT a gift for someone else!!

Tags
2009 ft. langley, rally