Escape Open House - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-12-2008, 02:36 PM   #1
Commercial Member

Trailer: Escape Manufacturer
Hello Everyone,

Although we would like to attend the Fall, Ft Langley rally we also promised Doug and Craig in the spring to have another open house.

So....We would like to take this opportunity to invite everyone attending the Ft Langley rally in September out to Escape Trailer Industries, in Chilliwack, on Saturday. We will BBQ some hotdogs for anyone who would like to drop in for a tour of our facility and view the trailers in various stages of production.

Our address is 8945 Ashwell Road, Chilliwack.

Reace & Tammy
Reace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 04:10 PM   #2

Trailer: 1976 Trillium 13 ft
Just saw one of your Escapes in Manning Park at Mule Deer. It looked great... now if you only made a 13' for us 4cyl types =)
Booker B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 06:06 PM   #3

Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
Registry
Booker, I've been 'workin' on Reace now for a coupla years to build a 13 but with the inside height of a Trillium, so us less vertically challanged d ds (like Reace and myself...) could enjoy them. MAYBE he just needs some more nudging?????

Oh, BTW, I'll BET ya can't eat just ONE of Reaces Doggies.....LOL!!!!!
Doug Mager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 06:17 PM   #4

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi: Reace 'n Tammy... My mouth is watering... got fried onions 'n sauerkraut for the "Doggies"??? Sorry We can't make it We gotta work. It helps to pay the Campground bills
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 11:41 AM   #5

The inside Trillium height is good, at 6'2 in my bare feet I can stand in the middle of the trailer. I think there will be a huge market for 13's in the future - I ran into quite a few BC people on our trip who like my Forester/Trillium combo. Albertan's, on the other hand, seem to jump right from tents to huge 30-40' trailers.
Old 07-14-2008, 05:14 PM   #6

Registry
....my thoughts on a new 13ft (Mini-Escape???) size wise is that a more vertically challanged person wouldn't care if his noggen dragged on the ceiling whereas a less vertically challanged person (like ourselves) prolly wouldn't give a 'restricted clearance' trailer like a Boler a second look when considering a purchase, so why not raise the inside height of a new trailer (before it leaves the drawing boards) to have a taller clearance??? Would this NOT add to the possible sale of trailers because now it opens the door for taller beings to be comfortable while inside???? Reace has said it will raise the cost of the trailer to manufacture; so why are larger trailers made (as a rule) to be taller inside??? Make them cheaper and make them lower?????
Old 07-15-2008, 11:47 PM   #7

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Quote:
....my thoughts on a new 13ft (Mini-Escape???) size wise is that a more vertically challanged person wouldn't care if his noggen dragged on the ceiling whereas a less vertically challanged person (like ourselves) prolly wouldn't give a 'restricted clearance' trailer like a Boler a second look when considering a purchase, so why not raise the inside height of a new trailer (before it leaves the drawing boards) to have a taller clearance??? Would this NOT add to the possible sale of trailers because now it opens the door for taller beings to be comfortable while inside???? Reace has said it will raise the cost of the trailer to manufacture; so why are larger trailers made (as a rule) to be taller inside??? Make them cheaper and make them lower?????
Hi: Doug... Increased height= increased wind drag behind small cars!!!
Scamp only changed theirs due to using a 16' trailer to make the post fire plugs/molds.
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 08:04 AM   #8

Ah, good point Al. There is no question that the Trillium has some serious drag behind our Subaru - I was doing going down 6% grades in the Rockies without using brakes and I couldn't figure out how that was working =)
Old 07-16-2008, 09:41 AM   #9

Trailer: 1972 Compact Jr
With the fear that this conversation is hijacking the purpose of the thread, I wonder what are peoples thoughts about a compact Junior adaptation, for increasing height: A pop-top roof. This is why I purchased a compact Junior. If the weather is not pleasant, I keep the pop-top down, the interior height is 5 foot. It is doable and means lower resistance while travelling. when weather is nice, the roof is up: lots of height, no problems. Some like the pop-top because when lowered it goes into a standard height garage door. Now there is an additional wrinkle to the thoughts: A garageable 13 ft. escape with pop-top : lower frontal resistance. I can hear and see the marketing allready. Its one thing to dream and comment, its another thing to make it reality. My hat is off to Reace and the people who make the investment and take a risk to develop a product, make it and sell it. Hats off to their patient families and friends.
Kent I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 09:50 AM   #10

Registry
.......well, getting this thread (almost) back on track, MAYBE this elevated height question could be best answered by Tammy or Rease, LOL!!

The fact remains that a taller trailer does add more drag, but 'living' with that drag is almomst a given will all fiberglass eggs. I guess there's something to be said about those 'foldable' hardtops, huh??

IMHO, the difference in drag between a Boler and a Trillium (difference of about 1 and 1/2 inches in overall height, I think) shouldn't really be much a factor with everything else being equal. Try towing an egg with a van if you're concerned that much about drag ratios, LOL!! Those of us that elect to tow with a 'down sized' vehicle are only fooling themselves about fuel economy. When we tow our egg with our Dakota (H.O. V-8) my fuel economy is ALMOST no different and the truck handles like the trailer isn't even there. Similarily when we tow our soft top tent trailer behind our 'other' rod, the drag is negledgable..... VIVA LA DIFFERENCE, !!!!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
T_and_Emperor_Trailer___Washington_Pass.jpg   __37_Plymouth_and_Trillium_Pix_016.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 07-17-2008, 11:03 AM   #11

Honestly I really liked the Escape I saw and if I could pull something like that with my Subaru I would seriously consider that as a future upgrade. However, it's clear that unless we get some good 60mpg diesels in the future this is as big a TV we will ever have so 13 footers will be our limit. On top of that, it cost me $159 each way on the ferry this year so I doubt I will even getting off the Island with the trailer again.

We do have Team Trillium make new 13's in Canada so I guess Reace would be competing with that existing market.
Old 08-04-2008, 04:48 PM   #12

Registry
you can tow an Escape even with one of these....
Attached Thumbnails
Shay_Replica.jpg  

Tags
2008 ft. langley, escape, fall, rally