Pot Luck Dinner - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-01-2009, 02:44 PM   #21

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Since we will be picking up our new Escape 19 that Friday, we too will be loaded up with lots of gear in our vehicle, and probably will be buying stuff from the list of places Doug provided. I am guessing we will bring something that does not need much lead time to make, like a veggie plate or something. I would rather have Lisa and me spending time having fun on Saturday, rather than cooking. Any other ideas that would fit the bill?

It seems we may have more then enough desserts, so we won't do that then.
Hi Jim. totally get it! LOL

If you would like to bring a few dozen dinner rolls and butter that would be great! The IGA in Fort Langley has a pretty good bakery.

Re the more than enough Desserts. There is usually a large crowd so at this point I would suggest another dessert or two would not go to waste! :-)

Thanks

Carol
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 04:02 PM   #22

Trailer: Trillium 5500
I'll be bringing Asian-style Coleslaw

Janice
Janice M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 06:04 PM   #23

Registry
Quote:
I'll be bringing Asian-style Coleslaw

Janice
Thanks Janice.
Old 05-03-2009, 06:41 AM   #24

Trailer: 2009 19 ft Escape / 2009 Honda Pilot
Registry
Quote:
......... I would suggest another dessert or two would not go to waste! :-)
Yes, but most likely they would go to [b]waist, mine that is.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 08:44 AM   #25

Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
Registry
....Jim.
Although this IS a TOUCHIE idea for some of here, ....it looks like you are one of us who prefer to ORDER in at the meet. A group of us order in from a local (and very tasty) Italian restaurant (very small local Italian chain called Jim's Pizza). We have menus with us. You decide what you'd like to eat, we call it in (cell phone)and usually within 20 minutes the food is delivered (usually to our site) right to the campsite. From there you could take your gastronomic feast over to the Group Gobble site , LOL!! and join in with the others, or join us or eat at your NEW ESCAPE!!!
The Trailer Goddess and I have been doing this almost from day 1. To us, it means one less meal to be prepared and or cleaned up after. Also on site, there is an outdoor (but covered) restaurant that serves up some rather tasty feasts. For Sure: U won't starve!!
Doug Mager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 04:10 PM   #26

Trailer: 2007 17.5 ft Bigfoot (25B17.5G)
Registry
Quote:
....Jim.
Although this IS a TOUCHIE idea for some of here, ....it looks like you are one of us who prefer to ORDER in at the meet. A group of us order in from a local (and very tasty) Italian restaurant (very small local Italian chain called Jim's Pizza). We have menus with us. You decide what you'd like to eat, we call it in (cell phone)and usually within 20 minutes the food is delivered (usually to our site) right to the campsite. From there you could take your gastronomic feast over to the Group Gobble site , LOL!! and join in with the others, or join us or eat at your NEW ESCAPE!!!
The Trailer Goddess and I have been doing this almost from day 1. To us, it means one less meal to be prepared and or cleaned up after. Also on site, there is an outdoor (but covered) restaurant that serves up some rather tasty feasts. For Sure: U won't starve!!
Doug,
...again this year...lasagna with meatballs. I'm on the "Italian Diet" again. Seems the only time I go on the Italian Diet is when I visit Ft. Langley!!
Ron N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 08:42 PM   #27

Trailer: 1997 16 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe (aka 'The Cramper')
With a little luck, Sharen & Simon, from Langley on Whidbey Island, WA, will bring a Dutch Oven upside-down pineapple cake... or something like that.

We look forward to connecting with all of you. My makeup man is coming too... I've taken him away from Oprah for the weekend... Must look our best for the major motion picture.

See ya soon,
Sharen
HeathGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 10:57 PM   #28

Registry
Here is what we have lined up so far. Have a number of people who haven't decided what they are bringing so prehaps the list that I have so far will help them decide. We could use a few more main dishes.

Dinner Rolls & Butter
Spinach dip and pita bread
Cheese & Sliced Meat
Salad - TBA
Bread, cheese Green Salad
Greek Pasta Salad
Asian-style Coleslaw
Couscous Salad
2 Potato Salads
Greek salad

Beer bread and a Welsh rarebit
Spanish Chicken & Rice with Chorizo
Turkey Chili
Roasted Chicken
Cajuin Dish
Lamb Vindaloo with Roti and Rice
KFC chicken
Meat/pasta/vegetable casserole

Slab Cake
Cup Cakes
Upside-down pineapple cake
2 TBA Deserts
Old 05-06-2009, 09:40 AM   #29

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Hello Carol.

We will bring Swedish meatballs in gravy.

Allan.
Allan Bornestig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 04:26 PM   #30

Registry
Quote:
Hello Carol.

We will bring Swedish meatballs in gravy.

Allan.
Sounds real good to me Allan.
See you tomorrow.

Thanks
Carol

Packing the trailer for Langley and wishing I had bigger one: Two mountain bikes and all the gear that goes with that, golf clubs & cart, cooler, food, dog, child, clothes & the WINE!!

Tags
2009 ft. langley, rally