A Brand New Forum for Members! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat > Hobbies & Passions
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-18-2010, 07:17 AM   #1

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
We've got a brand new forum! We hope you find this of value and post all the hobbies and crafts you're interested in pursuing.

Because this forum is under the parent "Around the Campfire," feel free to post non-fiberglass, non-camping hobbies and crafts.

I know I'm looking forward to see some pictures and reading the discussions. Please let us know if anyone runs into any problems.

Ready, set, GO!!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 09:34 AM   #2

Guess I should have mentioned, start a topic for discussion. I've split off a couple interesting ones already.
Old 04-18-2010, 09:04 PM   #3

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Nice addition to the forums................... Thank You!
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 08:00 AM   #4

Trailer: Trails West Campster 1970
Registry
It's interesting just to see already what a variety of hobbies are represented. I love reading about what other people are doing even if it isn't something I want to try- not enough time to try them all!
Bobbie Mayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 02:06 PM   #5

Trailer: 2009 Trillium 13 ft ('Homelet') / 2000 Subaru Outback
Registry
Cool Cast Iron Cooking

Thanks Donna for expanding the scope of this forum, (if you did).

The subject in the title piques my interest.

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Roger C H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 08:33 PM   #6

Yeah, I created this forum back in the days of my workerbee time here on FiberglassRV. Is that what you're asking?
Old 04-05-2012, 05:18 PM   #7

Name: John J.
Trailer: 13' Scamp / 34' Sunnybrook Titan
Virginia
As a newbe I think this is a very nice thing. As for me I have evolved over my 70+ years, stamp collecting as a youngster to fishing, (always wanted to fly fish and never learned how) reading, (can't remember anymore, darn, never mind how hard it is to see the page). Radio Control Airplanes, my favorite for some time, then Kayaking what a hoot (had the you know what scared out of me on occasion as a big lunker would roll out in a hurry beside the boat), Now i love to take photos (I take lots of the folks we enjoy Bluegrass, country, western and pop music with at the local Hardee's in Chesapeake Va. Yes some Hardee's have live music (but only in the bigger restaurants) But my favorite joy these days is Camping and joy riding through the countryside and hills along the Blue Ridge Mountains with our Scamp in tow. Just love it.
John J. Norris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 05:35 PM   #8

Trailer: 1999 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe ('Inn EggsIsle')
Quote:
Originally Posted by John J. Norris View Post
As a newbe I think this is a very nice thing. As for me I have evolved over my 70+ years, stamp collecting as a youngster to fishing, (always wanted to fly fish and never learned how) reading, (can't remember anymore, darn, never mind how hard it is to see the page). Radio Control Airplanes, my favorite for some time, then Kayaking what a hoot (had the you know what scared out of me on occasion as a big lunker would roll out in a hurry beside the boat), Now i love to take photos (I take lots of the folks we enjoy Bluegrass, country, western and pop music with at the local Hardee's in Chesapeake Va. Yes some Hardee's have live music (but only in the bigger restaurants) But my favorite joy these days is Camping and joy riding through the countryside and hills along the Blue Ridge Mountains with our Scamp in tow. Just love it.
Hmmm, i'll have to check that Hardies out, Our youngest boy live in Chesapeake and we will b e camp hosts for the month of May, thanks for the info
Bill MacDermod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 09:40 PM   #9

Trailer: Cardinal (Restoring)
Great idea Donna, I'll be there lots.
RRIZZO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 04:47 PM   #10

Name: Tom
Trailer: Casita Spirit Delux
Virginia
Registry
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByFiberglass RV1390430671.097067.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	62.8 KB
ID:	67742. When not traveling in our Casita I spend a lot if time in my decoy shop. Pictured us a life size swan decoy that is near completion. All I need to do is set the eyes and add paint.
TomB44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 05:22 PM   #11

Name: Diane
Trailer: Casita, previously u-haul ct13
Virginia
You are talented Tom, beautiful! I have two decoys that my great grandfather made in Davis NC. They are rustic compared to yours.
D Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 06:31 PM   #12

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Guess I should have mentioned, start a topic for discussion. I've split off a couple interesting ones already.

Donna, who or what is #39?
Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 08:28 PM   #13

Pam, how would I know at this point? I haven't been a mod/admin for several years now... Every single Hobbie needs to have it's own thread. For instance, IMHO there's a huge difference between Glamping and Themes...
Old 01-28-2014, 08:38 PM   #14

Name: Lil
Trailer: '84 13' Scamp & '14 homebuilt Benroy Teardrop
Minnesota
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam Garlow View Post
Donna, who or what is #39?
Pam, I think it's some kind of substitution going on when computer systems collide and can't read each other's codes.
If you take the "'" out of "I've" and substitute an apostrophe, you get "I've". Make any sense?
Lil M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 11:09 PM   #15

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil M. View Post
Pam, I think it's some kind of substitution going on when computer systems collide and can't read each other's codes.
If you take the "'" out of "I've" and substitute an apostrophe, you get "I've". Make any sense?
Yep, the Moderators are looking into why the new FG update somehow decided to substitute &#39: for an apostrophe.
Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 10:20 AM   #16

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam Garlow View Post
Yep, the Moderators are looking into why the new FG update somehow decided to substitute &#39: for an apostrophe.
Well 4 years ago is a life time in the world of computers!
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 09:44 PM   #17

Name: Robert
Trailer: Monarch
Alberta
Hi!
My name is Bob, and I own a 1975 Monarch Ventura. I work in Forestry in South-Central Alberta and have been using my little trailer in "the field" for about five years now. I absolutely love my trailer, and have wintered in it as far north as Drayton Valley ( much to the amusement of the uber-trailer owners who often share a campground with me).
My trailer has recently suffered considerable vandal damage while overnighting on a roadside close to the charming community of Caroline Alberta and I would greatly appreciate any advice on restoration.
My plan is to gut and rebuild the old girl, reinforcing the frame, insulating and re wiring as I go.
Can anyone help? Any advice would be most helpful as I hope to continue journeying with Serenity (yes, the reference is obvious to those who know) for many years to come.
Thanks, and happy travels!
-Bob

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV
Bob o the woods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 06:44 AM   #18

Trailer: 93 Burro 17 ft
Robert, welcome to the forum. If your post doesn't get much attention here (at the tail end of a very old thread), you may need to click on "new thread" and create a new thread in either of the "problem solving" or the "modifications, alterations, updates" subforums. with a pertinent topic heading. There are plenty of people here with knowledge about rebuild projects, as well as many good searchable threads when searching the term "rebuild" in the drop down search box function.
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote