Any Corn toss game players?? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 03-08-2013, 07:16 PM   #15

Name: jim
Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape19 Prairie Schooner pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Probably from them hills in western NC.....

Old 03-08-2013, 07:22 PM   #16

Name: Glenn ( second 'n' is silent )
Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B '08 RAV4 SPORT V6
British Columbia
I don't know how to address this issue without getting kicked off the forum.
I've never heard of the game, but I have heard the word. And, I would never name a game using that term.
I haven't followed the link, nor would I. I'm not going to play.

Old 03-08-2013, 07:31 PM   #17

Name: David
Trailer: 1978 Trillium 1300
Cumberland, Indiana
Registry
In my circle of tailgating friends, it is called Corn toss because the bags we use are filled with dried Corn, not Beans. It is really a fun game for all age groups. Since you only need one hand to pitch the bags, the other hand is free to hold your favorite beverage of choice. Some people get quite skilled playing it. You can even win prize money in official Corntoss Tournaments.

Spanke
Old 03-08-2013, 07:38 PM   #18

Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape19 Prairie Schooner pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Sort of like outdoor darts!!
Old 03-08-2013, 09:23 PM   #19

Pennsylvania
Registry
I have changed the title to Corn Toss and the references should all read corn toss. Let's try and keep our thinking to Corn Toss!!
Old 03-08-2013, 09:32 PM   #20

Name: Pam
Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Michigan
Registry
Its a fun game, good for all ages. I can't remember a picnic when someone didnt bring one (or bocce, that was the other game of choice).
Old 03-08-2013, 10:56 PM   #21

Name: Jack
Trailer: '98 BURRO 17WB
Delaware
The game referenced by Nick Smoak is perfectly legitimate and well-known. Surely we don't contemplate removing every word from our language which may have multiple connotations, one of which may be objectionable, vulgar, sexually perverse. Or maybe we do.

If Mr. Smoak's intention was to give offense to the tender sensibilities gathered here, I missed it. Too bad the better angels of civility and reason saw fit to absent themselves today. For shame!

Jack
Old 03-09-2013, 12:22 AM   #22

Name: Glenn ( second 'n' is silent )
Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B '08 RAV4 SPORT V6
British Columbia
Reviewing the posts, it appears that nobody wants to play.
Old 03-09-2013, 01:18 AM   #23

Name: Lora
Trailer: 89 Bigfoot 17G & 73 Compact II
Northern Neck, VA
Registry
Corn toss players

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiL Snoozy View Post
I am curious if any of the memebers here are Corn toss players?
About 2 years ago, we were visiting family in NC and they were talking about our nephew making some money by building specialty corn toss boards. I was really clueless and couldn't figure out what it was all about
In the interim, I have seen them arrive in VA and it looks like fun. But, the boards look pretty big and hefty. It seems to be very similar to horseshoes but no poles and no sand, and anyone can make replacement corn bags (replacing horseshoes is a little more challenging)!
It will be interesting to see how heavy yours end up being. Are you planning some kind of seam or hinge in them to make them more portable?
Can't wait to see your build.
Old 03-09-2013, 02:19 AM   #24

Name: Jack
Trailer: '98 BURRO 17WB
Delaware
+1 what Lora says, Nick. When the dust settles, most of us are going to be interested in the tooling and product of your fabrication demo. Name of the game here.

jack
Old 03-09-2013, 06:55 AM   #25

Name: Jared
Trailer: 1984 19' scamp
Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Baglo View Post
Reviewing the posts, it appears that nobody wants to play.
It's quite fun, I just decided to stay out of it after reading comments. To be honest, I'm rethinking the fiberglass camper meets. I'm getting the feeling it's not my crowd. If *you know what* causes this much grief, I don't think I would get a good reception.

As for the name, the bags are filled with corn, because as it breaks down, the dust helps them slide on the board, not for any other ridiculous reason.
Old 03-09-2013, 07:14 AM   #26

Name: Kinga DeRode
Trailer: For Sale Or Rent
Rooms to Let 50 Cents
I've played this game, and to my surprise it was a lot of fun. There is a strategy to tossing the bags not only to score directly, but to knock the opponent's bags out of the score zone.

Beats staring into an iPod.
Old 03-09-2013, 07:32 AM   #27

Name: Pam
Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Michigan
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jared J View Post
It's quite fun, I just decided to stay out of it after reading comments. To be honest, I'm rethinking the fiberglass camper meets. I'm getting the feeling it's not my crowd. If *you know what* causes this much grief, I don't think I would get a good reception.

As for the name, the bags are filled with corn, because as it breaks down, the dust helps them slide on the board, not for any other ridiculous reason.

Jared, I am SO SORRY for the poor manners of others. This is the exception, not the rule, and I am rather embarrassed by the lack of courtesy in this thread (fyi, certain unneeded posts/ comments have been removed from this thread by moderators).
Please, if you are in Michigan in the fall, come to the Agonac gathering (the Algonac Glassic). We will ROCK the corn toss game for you!! ( I also make a mean batch of rummy gummi bears.) You can watch the big ore freightors travel up the river so close that you can almost touch them. And if you stay another week, you can travel east to Niagra Wine Country (Ontario, Canada) to another ultra-fun rally.

And Nicholas, please keep us apprised of that game. I think that fabricating it from fiberglass would be pretty fabulous.
Old 03-09-2013, 09:07 AM   #28

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jared J View Post
To be honest, I'm rethinking the fiberglass camper meets. I'm getting the feeling it's not my crowd. If *you know what* causes this much grief, I don't think I would get a good reception.
Just remember Jared, a lot of people can hide behind screen names and are totally faceless on a forum. That doesn't usually happen at gatherings when they've got to look you in the eye while speaking. In the past ten years of attending bunches of gatherings and literally meeting hundreds of people, I can only remember two instances that made folks uncomfortable. But, we knew these people from the forums and they were the same in person! It was actually laughable.

Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote