Anyone else Knit? - Page 4 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-07-2013, 10:10 PM   #61

Name: Kd
Trailer: Scamp
SouthEast
Registry
I'm always knitting on something. I used to knit tons. I still knit lots but I've stopped buying fiber. I'm working off of the stash now. I'm on year 3 and barely dented it :/ If I do see a yarn store I only allow myself to buy sock yarn. I'm working on the Central Park Hoodie right now...and have been for about 6 months. Of course I work on socks as I go. But theses 2 socks on 2 circus that I'm working on right now are testing my patience. Grrr
Old 06-07-2013, 10:12 PM   #62

SouthEast
Registry
Lol it autocorrect end to circus instead of circs...that's about right.
Old 06-08-2013, 12:17 AM   #63

Name: Susan
Trailer: Minit
California
Hi, I'm just new to this fabulous forum and saw there's a knitters group! Love it! I raise Finnsheep but haven't mastered spinning yet...actually I'm terrible at it, but was asked to join a guild to learn. My Woolies are precious and I'm anxious to use their awesome fleece. I do knit, crochet, loom and felt. I'd love to have Schacht Ladybug Spinning Wheel someday. We have an old Minit and want to fix-it-up. My favorite place is at the Ventura beach parked next to the pounding surf. Our Minit needs new everything and we just brought all the upholstery material... backward beginning but it was a great deal and colors inspiring. My husband and I aren't sure where to start. Our Minit is original but need leaks fixed and door reset. It also needs maybe new fiberglass in spots and for sure a new paint job. The same color looks like our Toyota FJ, beige and cream.

I'm so excited there's this great place to find help. Best of all we have lots of ship fiberglass supply places and my husband and my dad made surfboards so just need to maybe scrub the "egg" really clean and jump-right-in. Finally we have help and a starting point. Glad I found App. CaptLazs_wife

CaptLazs_wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 06:55 AM   #64

SouthEast
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptLazs_wife View Post
Hi, I'm just new to this fabulous forum and saw there's a knitters group! Love it! I raise Finnsheep but haven't mastered spinning yet...actually I'm terrible at it, but was asked to join a guild to learn. My Woolies are precious and I'm anxious to use their awesome fleece. I do knit, crochet, loom and felt. I'd love to have Schacht Ladybug Spinning Wheel someday. We have an old Minit and want to fix-it-up. My favorite place is at the Ventura beach parked next to the pounding surf. Our Minit needs new everything and we just brought all the upholstery material... backward beginning but it was a great deal and colors inspiring. My husband and I aren't sure where to start. Our Minit is original but need leaks fixed and door reset. It also needs maybe new fiberglass in spots and for sure a new paint job. The same color looks like our Toyota FJ, beige and cream.

I'm so excited there's this great place to find help. Best of all we have lots of ship fiberglass supply places and my husband and my dad made surfboards so just need to maybe scrub the "egg" really clean and jump-right-in. Finally we have help and a starting point. Glad I found App. CaptLazs_wife

I LOVE Ventura Beach! Love love love! Can't wait to get back out there.
Old 04-04-2017, 03:34 PM   #65
Administrator

Trailer: Casita 1999 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Registry
Okay, I'm resurrecting this old thread to keep all the knit-chat together.

Are any of you knit-wits going to the Bluebonnet Rally in Bandera (April 19-23, 2017)?
Info on Adding Photos to a Post
RV Life Network FAQ
Mary F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 11:06 PM   #66

Name: Cori
Oregon
I'm a knitter and a newbie Scamp owner! I live in Eugene, OR. We have a few lovely yarn shops, and my favorite locally hand dyed yarn by Sunrise Fiber Co. if you're ever here in July, keep an eye out for the Black Sheep Gathering, it's fabulous!
I'm really looking forward to knitting in my tiny trailer in the woods this camping season.
OregonCori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 06:26 AM   #67
JBB

Name: Jan
Trailer: 2017 Lil Snoozy
South Carolina
Ok I'm a little slow at finding this thread but I am a knitter and usually take 1 or 2 projects with me to work on during the quiet times. I also am learning German and will practice while sitting around the campfire in the evenings on my phone!
JBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 11:23 AM   #68

Name: Ed
Trailer: Casita
Wisconsin
My wife knits, spins, weaves, etc... sometimes while I'm driving she is spinning (I can't remember the name of the spindle, rotation part is usually an old coin and the end is place in a ceramic bowl) she goes regularly to WI sheep and wool. She doesn't do as much as in the past (pre me and 2 kids).
Wisconsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 01:08 PM   #69

Name: Kelly
Trailer: Trails West
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisconsin View Post
My wife knits, spins, weaves, etc... sometimes while I'm driving she is spinning (I can't remember the name of the spindle, rotation part is usually an old coin and the end is place in a ceramic bowl) she goes regularly to WI sheep and wool. She doesn't do as much as in the past (pre me and 2 kids).
Lots of possibilities for creating artistic weavings in a small travel trailer. Tapestry weaving works for small scale bags, purses, wall hangings, etc. They can be woven on a on a frame loom or even a loom made of cardboard. Lots of nomads made belts and straps too on inkle looms, card looms and straps looms. I had fun learning all those techniques as well as spinning in the 1970s. Drop spindles and the small looms are easy wood working projects with lots of free plans online for them. There's lots of YouTube videos teaching all of the fiber arts for making the tools as well as using them.
k corbin is offline   Reply With Quote