Furry Friends or Pets Photos - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 06-29-2014, 06:46 AM   #15

Name: Melanie
Trailer: Lil Snoozy "Marigold"
Alabama
Mike, thanks so much. My brain is working this morning apparently. I did not realize you had to actually submit the message for the pictures to show up. Something else new learned! Thanks.

Old 06-29-2014, 08:15 AM   #16

Name: Fred
Trailer: 13 ft Boler
Kootenay's of BC
Registry
Freddie our "co-Pilot"
Have posted this pic before but this is a good place for it.
We adopted him at 2.5 he is now 6,GREAT Companion.
Fred
YA, he came with the name and we didn't change it, LOL
Attached Thumbnails
IMG253.jpg  

Old 06-29-2014, 11:10 AM   #17

Name: Tom
Trailer: Scamp 16
Michigan
I hope this works. I never posted a picture. Our 2 fur kids. Piper, Mini-Rat Terrorist, Age 3, Female, 8 lbs. Dewey, the Wonder Weiner Dog, age 14, Male, 16 lbs. They're studying crayfish in Lake Michigan, near Escanaba, MI
Attached Thumbnails
DSC00666a.jpg  
Old 06-29-2014, 12:28 PM   #18

Alabama
TomK - your mini rat "terrorist" is much like my Charlie (a Toy Fox Terrier) - yours is a bit bigger and his tail is a bit longer - but the same intent stare when he sees something he wants - like a crayfish, a toad, a lizard, a squirrel - just before he explodes into action (useless action, but he never gives up hoping). It looks like both of us have now learned how to put pictures on the forum - never to late to learn something new. Mike's instructions were spot on!
Old 06-29-2014, 12:43 PM   #19

Name: Deborah
Trailer: Prius camping - want an Oliver
Virginia
Here are my two reluctant cats - one is pretty well laid back. The other is crazy, but she lived in a shelter for homeless cats for two years, so she has an excuse.
Attached Thumbnails
20130103_142552.jpg   IMG_1392.jpg  

Old 06-29-2014, 01:43 PM   #20

Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanie B in NC View Post
TomK - your mini rat "terrorist" is much like my Charlie (a Toy Fox Terrier) - yours is a bit bigger and his tail is a bit longer - but the same intent stare when he sees something he wants - like a crayfish, a toad, a lizard, a squirrel - just before he explodes into action (useless action, but he never gives up hoping). It looks like both of us have now learned how to put pictures on the forum - never to late to learn something new. Mike's instructions were spot on!
Right Melanie, I went to the posting instructions in the first sticky of the "Hi, I Am" section posted by Pam I believe. It worked. My problem was trying to figure out how to reduce the size of my photo. I recently switched from Windows to IOS (Apple). I could do that easily in Windows, but couldn't figure it out to save my life. The instructions said no files over 100k, and my pic was over 200. I just went for it and it worked. Maybe it automatically shrinks when it loads? It also helped when I read your post about it not showing up until you submit.

Yes Piper is intense! She goes nuts when she spots a field mouse. She loves to chase all those little lizards in FL too. Do you know when we found her, we were looking for a TFT like yours? We couldn't find one, and spotted her on the internet. We thought she looked a lot like a TFT. We bought her and couldn't be happier. She's going to be a great little camper. Charlie looks like a character too. Terriers rule! (don't tell our Dachshund) He's been a great dog too. Very mellow, loves everyone and gets along with most animals. You'd never guess that going into a hole to drag out a badger was in his DNA. He was a good mentor for Piper. He'd bark at her for doing the same things he got in trouble for as a puppy, like getting in the trash. Couldn't live without dogs around!

Tom
Old 06-29-2014, 02:10 PM   #21

Alabama
Yes, TomK - dogs rule! (Cats are very special also - I don't have one now, but had cats most of my life. When the last one died and we moved here to the woods, I agreed not to get another one - my DH almost begged me not to. But I have warned him - if he is silly enough to die on me, I'll have a cat the next day! So he has to stick around to keep the house cat-free). I also had dogs forever until 2009 when my last dog - a big black and tan coonhound died. She (Daisy) lived outside most of the time - weather permitting - and was quite happy. But I wanted a small dog next. Since we were both working long hours, I decided not to get another dog until retirement which came October 2011. I lasted until August of 2012 and then went looking for a TFT. I found my Charlie and he is asleep now on the couch beside me - wonderful dog. Difficult to live with when other dogs come into sight - he will never play well with strange dogs. But he suits me fine and is loving and gentle with us. The "terrorist" part is reserved for strange dogs and squirrels and lizards.
Old 06-29-2014, 05:11 PM   #22

Michigan
We've had a Beagle and Mini-Schnauzers before our current pack. Loved them all. I'm with Melanies DH when it comes to cats though. I like them, but not too sure they like me. Never lived with one. When I stayed at my cousins home as a kid, they had a cat. I was staring at it once, absent-mindedly. I was not even thinking about it. All of a sudden, it launched and stuck to my face with teeth and claws! My Aunt pried it off me and explained, "You should never stare at a cat." Believe me, I won't!! Where I deer hunt, we had wolves and bears to contend with. I never minded that. In the last few years though, mountain lions are coming around. They make me nervous. You can't hear them at all. I guess I never completely got over my cousins cat.

Glad you started this thread Papa-T.

Tom
Old 06-29-2014, 05:40 PM   #23

Michigan
I can't forget my feathered friends. I only see them once a year, but they seem to remember me. They are Whiskey Jacks aka Gray Jays.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0024.jpg   DSC00278.jpg  

Old 06-29-2014, 06:48 PM   #24

Name: Ted
Trailer: (Dark side)Crossroads Now
Glade Valley, North Carolina
Whiskey Jack Deer Camp. Sounds like good times there.
Old 06-29-2014, 07:21 PM   #25

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByFiberglass RV1404087472.022336.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	185.3 KB
ID:	73108this is Oreo he's a very good traveler, walks well with harness & leash, he's very shy & hides around other people
Old 06-29-2014, 08:04 PM   #26

Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
Registry
The first picture is of my camping partner of 12 years Madison - taken on a camping trip on Vancouver Island. He loved to explore new places and did many trips up and down the coast. He would lay on the ground across the trailer door anytime he saw me packing stuff in it just to be sure he was also packed.

The second picture is of my most current camping partner Jagger. Came to me from the US East Coast in late May and already has more than a dozen nights of camping under his belt. He has attended 2 trailer rallies and heading out to his 3rd one next week-end. He will be my shadow for the next 2 years before heading off to do great things for someone who needs his help.
Attached Thumbnails
Madison Nanoose Bay 2005-08-07_007 copy.jpg   PADS JAGGER PUPDates June 2014 (1 of 1).jpg  

Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 06:33 AM   #27

Michigan
Carol,
Is Jagger a service dog of some type? What is he being trained to do? I tried to read his harness. PADS? I'm guessing Personal Assistance Dog Service? Giving him to someone else after you spend a couple years training him and letting him into your life will be hard for both of you. That's a very selfless act. Bless you!

Tom
Old 07-01-2014, 06:45 AM   #28

Alabama
Carol - when a service dog is kept for 2 years and then adopted by a client, is the dog followed up by "case workers" to ensure he/she is well cared for? Since life circumstances can change, if it becomes necessary for the client to give up the dog, does your organization take him/her back? Is this a mandatory part of the original contract? Just curious - I know you have the dog's welfare foremost in your mind and will do what you can to ensure his/her happiness and safety. I am reminded of the past when my DH and I fostered infants for the now-long gone Florence Crittenden Home for Unwed Mothers in Durham, NC. We kept babies for several months while adoptions were being arranged. Giving them up was tough, but it was made tougher by the fact that we could never know what happened to them - all adoptions were confidential and foster parents simply had to give them a kiss and say goodbye. I know it must be very hard after having a dog for 2 years!