Furry Friends or Pets Photos - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat > Hobbies & Passions
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-28-2014, 12:37 PM   #1

Name: Ted
Trailer: (Dark side)Crossroads Now
Glade Valley, North Carolina
Furry Friends or Pets Photos

Melanie posted the idea to start a "Furry Friends" thread with pictures and an explanation of the photo. Her idea; I just thought I would get the ball rolling. So lets see pictures of your animals; dogs, cats, birds, lizards, etc. etc. You get the idea. I'll start.
Old 06-28-2014, 12:42 PM   #2

Name: Ted
Trailer: (Dark side)Crossroads Now
Glade Valley, North Carolina
My dog "Buddy" a schnoodle; 8 lbs. He will be 16 years old in October. Picture taken at the Outer Banks of North Carolina. The glasses are not just cool; they actually help protect his eyes due to cataracts.

Old 06-28-2014, 12:58 PM   #3

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Charly at Kane Lakes.
Attached Thumbnails
charly fire 1.jpg  
Old 06-28-2014, 03:22 PM   #4

Name: Chuck
Trailer: tp
Washington
Shelby's 14th year camping

Shelby will be 14 this year.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0303.jpg  
FTTRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 03:28 PM   #5

Trailer: 1985 Companion
Registry
This is Another Chance.. A 12 year old rescue. I have had her for about 8 months. She is an absolute joy.
Attached Thumbnails
chance4thofjuly.jpg  
Karen K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 03:29 PM   #6

Name: Chuck
Trailer: tp
Washington
Shelby's 14th year camping

Shelby camping with summer haircut and must wear a coat.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0033.jpg  
FTTRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 05:45 PM   #7

Name: Melanie
Trailer: Lil Snoozy "Marigold"
Alabama
I have discovered I do not know how to insert an image. When I click on the insert image icon, it asks for the URL of my image. Says http://__________________. I don't seem to be able to just copy a picture in. Any advice?
Melanie B in NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 05:55 PM   #8

Trailer: Trails West Campster 1970
Registry
Here are my current traveling companions. Oliver is the brindle, Jack the red and white. Oliver is a Cardigan welsh corgi who had a disk injury, and Jack is a Pembroke Welsh corgi.
Attached Thumbnails
image-3203506682.jpg   image-3672484965.jpg  

image-113605025.jpg  
Bobbie Mayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 06:11 PM   #9

Name: Regula
Trailer: 1984 17' Bigfoot
Alberta
We can contribute to that. Here are our faithful camping buddies, Max (the red and white) and Nova (the blue)

Regula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 06:38 PM   #10

Trailer: 93 Burro 17 ft
To add photos, go advanced. Click on the little arrow next to the paperclip. A little window opens; use it to upload photos, then close the window. Go back to that paperclip and click on it, and your photo uploads will be listed. Click on one to insert it, or click 'insert all' to put them all in.

Here is Esmerelda, or Ezzie for short. Actually I tell her she's Fuzzy (which sounds the same to her), and today she's shed a fair bit of that onto my pants. She loves to sit on my lap and get her belly rubbed.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Esmerelda sm.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	84.8 KB
ID:	73078
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 06:50 PM   #11

Alabama
I must be doing something wrong. When I do the second click, it just puts up text - preceding and following with the word Attach. Oh well, maybe tomorrow. Thanks for the info, Mike.
Old 06-28-2014, 08:21 PM   #12

Name: Leonard
Trailer: not yet
California
Regula, I love the posed picture, both looking around to the right. Too cute!
LeonardS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 09:58 PM   #13

Trailer: 93 Burro 17 ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanie B in NC View Post
I must be doing something wrong. When I do the second click, it just puts up text - preceding and following with the word Attach. Oh well, maybe tomorrow. Thanks for the info, Mike.
I believe you're seeing the right thing, that is the attachment, so go ahead and select it. The forum assigns a number to your photo, so you won't see the photo's name any more.
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 05:45 AM   #14

Alabama
Furry Friends or Pets

Okay - I am trying again. If it attaches correctly, this is my Toy Fox Terrier Charlie guarding against the killer roosters this spring and an earlier picture with his breeder mom (B. Andrews of O'BJ Kennels in Rutherfordton, NC right before we persuaded him to live with us and grace us with his presence. He is now 3 years old (3rd birthday coming up on 7/19).

Name:	Charlie and breeder Barbaba Andrews.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	402.0 KB
ID:	73088

Name:	SSPX0041.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	343.8 KB
ID:	73089
Old 06-29-2014, 05:46 AM   #15

Alabama
Mike, thanks so much. My brain is working this morning apparently. I did not realize you had to actually submit the message for the pictures to show up. Something else new learned! Thanks.
Old 06-29-2014, 07:15 AM   #16

Trailer: 13 ft Boler
Registry
Freddie our "co-Pilot"
Have posted this pic before but this is a good place for it.
We adopted him at 2.5 he is now 6,GREAT Companion.
Fred
YA, he came with the name and we didn't change it, LOL
Attached Thumbnails
IMG253.jpg  
FRED SMAILES is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 10:10 AM   #17

Name: Tom
Trailer: Scamp 16
Michigan
I hope this works. I never posted a picture. Our 2 fur kids. Piper, Mini-Rat Terrorist, Age 3, Female, 8 lbs. Dewey, the Wonder Weiner Dog, age 14, Male, 16 lbs. They're studying crayfish in Lake Michigan, near Escanaba, MI
Attached Thumbnails
DSC00666a.jpg  
TomK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 11:28 AM   #18

Alabama
TomK - your mini rat "terrorist" is much like my Charlie (a Toy Fox Terrier) - yours is a bit bigger and his tail is a bit longer - but the same intent stare when he sees something he wants - like a crayfish, a toad, a lizard, a squirrel - just before he explodes into action (useless action, but he never gives up hoping). It looks like both of us have now learned how to put pictures on the forum - never to late to learn something new. Mike's instructions were spot on!
Old 06-29-2014, 11:43 AM   #19

Name: Deborah
Trailer: Prius camping - want an Oliver
Virginia
Here are my two reluctant cats - one is pretty well laid back. The other is crazy, but she lived in a shelter for homeless cats for two years, so she has an excuse.
Attached Thumbnails
20130103_142552.jpg   IMG_1392.jpg  

Old 06-29-2014, 12:43 PM   #20

Name: Tom
Trailer: Scamp 16
Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanie B in NC View Post
TomK - your mini rat "terrorist" is much like my Charlie (a Toy Fox Terrier) - yours is a bit bigger and his tail is a bit longer - but the same intent stare when he sees something he wants - like a crayfish, a toad, a lizard, a squirrel - just before he explodes into action (useless action, but he never gives up hoping). It looks like both of us have now learned how to put pictures on the forum - never to late to learn something new. Mike's instructions were spot on!
Right Melanie, I went to the posting instructions in the first sticky of the "Hi, I Am" section posted by Pam I believe. It worked. My problem was trying to figure out how to reduce the size of my photo. I recently switched from Windows to IOS (Apple). I could do that easily in Windows, but couldn't figure it out to save my life. The instructions said no files over 100k, and my pic was over 200. I just went for it and it worked. Maybe it automatically shrinks when it loads? It also helped when I read your post about it not showing up until you submit.

Yes Piper is intense! She goes nuts when she spots a field mouse. She loves to chase all those little lizards in FL too. Do you know when we found her, we were looking for a TFT like yours? We couldn't find one, and spotted her on the internet. We thought she looked a lot like a TFT. We bought her and couldn't be happier. She's going to be a great little camper. Charlie looks like a character too. Terriers rule! (don't tell our Dachshund) He's been a great dog too. Very mellow, loves everyone and gets along with most animals. You'd never guess that going into a hole to drag out a badger was in his DNA. He was a good mentor for Piper. He'd bark at her for doing the same things he got in trouble for as a puppy, like getting in the trash. Couldn't live without dogs around!

Tom
TomK is offline   Reply With Quote