Ham Radio - Page 6 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-20-2013, 11:03 PM   #101

Name: Conrad
Trailer: Bigfoot 3000 & Barth "slide-in" truck camper
Connecticut
I like Oregon. It's a big state and has some beautiful spots. While I've lived with constant tremors and occasional big shakers, Oregon is due for a big one. I would certainly have a RV and keep it well stocked with food if I lived there. The number I heard was better than 2% chance of a 9.0 quake there every year which will cut off the coastal areas from the I5 corridor.

So ham radio and camping could be very important skill sets.
Night Sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 12:07 AM   #102

Trailer: Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Night Sailor View Post
I like Oregon. It's a big state and has some beautiful spots. While I've lived with constant tremors and occasional big shakers, Oregon is due for a big one. I would certainly have a RV and keep it well stocked with food if I lived there. The number I heard was better than 2% chance of a 9.0 quake there every year which will cut off the coastal areas from the I5 corridor.

So ham radio and camping could be very important skill sets.
I'm in Salem, on a hill, right off I-5. The biggest problem with a big shake will be the bridges. It's really hard to get anyplace without going over or under a bridge. My trailer is pretty much read to go at any time. However I expect that is the "big one" hits I'll be living in the trailer right where it sits.
Old 10-22-2013, 12:43 AM   #103

Name: Conrad
Trailer: Bigfoot 3000 & Barth "slide-in" truck camper
Connecticut
We had these banging sounds like a truck backed into the house all the time. I didn't realize right away these were earthquakes. I also noticed every Sunday between 8 and 11 PM there was a earthquake. A real shaker. Then I realized my washing machine was off balance. True story.
Night Sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 01:11 AM   #104

Name: Jared
Trailer: 1984 19' scamp
Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Night Sailor View Post
We had these banging sounds like a truck backed into the house all the time. I didn't realize right away these were earthquakes. I also noticed every Sunday between 8 and 11 PM there was a earthquake. A real shaker. Then I realized my washing machine was off balance. True story.
Hahahaha. I thought my house was coming apart at the seams one day. It was coming from the garage. I opened the walk through door to the garage and it was immediately slammed shut. Tried again, same thing. Scared the crap out of me. I opened the main garage door and found the washing machine dancing around at the end of the hoses, halfway off the 8" high base it sat on. I had to weld a new bracket in for the drum.
Jared J is offline   Reply With Quote