Horseless carriage replicas - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-26-2013, 12:34 AM   #1

Name: Norm I want to thank all the Kings horses and all the Kings men
Trailer: 73 Scamp 13'
Oregon
Horseless carriage replicas

I always wanted to build a miniature car for the kids to play with. Well the kids have all grown up but a couple years ago I finally got around to building one. I bought plans for what is supposedly a pre model T replica. There were a lot of things I didn't like about the original design so I designed my own. I used an 18 hp Briggs and Stratton engine and a hydrostatic drive to power it. I built the frame out of box steel and the body of 3/4 plywood which was similar to what the early cars were made of. I had a lot of fun giving the grandchildren and our 90 year friend rides. Kinda wish I would have kept it now. Maybe I'll build a better one once the Scamp is finished. Maybe I'll learn to set the date on the camera by then too
Attached Thumbnails
i00196.jpg   i00482.jpg  

i00510.jpg   Horseless carriage build (1).jpg  

i00511.jpg  
Ngrimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 09:16 AM   #2

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Nice work. Where did you source the wheels?
Old 07-27-2013, 11:11 AM   #3

Name: Norm I want to thank all the Kings horses and all the Kings men
Trailer: 73 Scamp 13'
Oregon
Hello. I I got them from Northern Tool for around $40 each. If I do another I think I'll get some better ones. I noticed our local Big R store now has the interlaced spoke wheels which are much stronger on a side hill. If you go to this following site, he has a link to where wheels, springs etc can be purchased. They have holes in the hub that make it much easier to attach a sprocket or a transaxle like I did. Horseless Carriage Replicas I spent a lot of time on the Replicars yahoo group when I built mine. If I ever build another I think I will use an electric motor since I still have a spare one from some electric vehicle conversions I did.
Ngrimm is offline   Reply With Quote