Like your opinions on a new version of molded fiberglass trailer - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat > Hobbies & Passions
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-26-2013, 03:32 PM   #41

Trailer: Bonair Oxygen 2002
1.) Do you like the simple design of a molded fiberglass trailer like you have at the moment. Yes Oxygen 2002

2.) Do you have a 4, 6, or 8 cylinder vehicle to tow your trailer? 8

3.) Did you buy the fiberglass trailer for economical sense such as to combat against gas guzzling, fewer or lower powered vehicle? no

4.) Do you prefer molded fiberglass egg trailer (Scamp, Bolens, Burro, Etc.) rather than a stickbuilt trailer (Fleetwood, Coachman, Dutchman, etc) for what reasons? sleek looks, aerodynamic

5.) How much time besides sleep time did you spend inside a trailer? 1/2 hr am; 3 hr night

6.) Do you prefer to have bathroom installed or no bathroom? Yes, although a porta-pottti would be easier and faster to empty

7.) Do you host tailgate parties often at your favorite sports event or state fair events or special events? No, but do attend antique car week-end or week long events

8.) Do you like the brand names that are no longer in operations or something new? Yes Oxygen, the interior is a crisp airy white, no wood grain anywhere

Changes: Yes I'd like to be able to walk around the bed, no wiggling down to end of bed and out over my feet through a 15 inch space. My knees are not happy with crawling up the bed to get in either. Still keep the bed queensize. More than one electrical outlet and Not over the bedding]
norman and jean mulloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 03:53 PM   #42

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
Hmmmm.....
In looking at the replies it looks like a fairly easy design task:
1. Must be fiberglass so it will last forever
2. Must have a queeen size bed that is accessable from two sides.
3. Must have a fixed front or side dinette
4. Must have a bathroom w/shower & hot water
5. Must fit in a 13' shell
6. Must have a 3 burner stove with oven and a double door refrigerator
7. Must have at least 4 storage drawers, 6 overhead cabinets, a pantry and a closet big enough to hang at least 20 items, including a full length formal gown.(For real glamping!)
8. Must be tall enough inside for someone 6'4" tall
9. Must be short enough outside to fit into a standard garage.
10. Must have built in solar cells
11. Must be towable by a Fiat 500 or a Smart car
12. Must be priced under.......... $16,000 delivered.

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 04:12 PM   #43

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
You left out the three car garage.
Glenn Baglo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 04:48 PM   #44

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
Neat idea, then you can park your TV and the trailer inside itself.....

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 11:50 AM   #45

Trailer: 84 16 ft Scamp
We love our vintage Scamp. Several times we have checked our what's available on the new market as we could easily afford a newer, better, more comfortable unit. After a bunch of analysis and talking about it, we decide to just stay with what we already have.

To cause us to make a 'move', here's what would sell us.

1. Similar aerodynamics and weight as the Scamp (1982 version).
2. Insulation to make those winter evenings and nights enroute from Washington to California and other points south on our winter excursions more comfortable.
3. Stronger frame, especially in the area where it curves into a V as required for the ball hitch.
4. Soft, compliant suspension similar to the early Cadillac front wheel drive models of the mid-80's.
5. Option of several hub styles to fit the wheels of whatever tow vehicle one might own. (Saves on needing a spare for the trailer plus, if one tows with a light full size pickup, the load rating for typical LT tires is more than enough (my 83 diesel Blazer rides nicely on a set of 31x10.50-15 Michelins)
6. Interior cabinets should not have doors, i.e. should not be designed to look like a house kitchen, for better visibility of contents, air circulation and ease of cleaning.
7. All interior surfaces should be molded, smooth and shiny so at the end of each trip clean-up can be accomplished with a garden hose or small pressure washer.
8. Should have a built-in composting toilet similar to "Airhead" or "Natures head" that are becoming popular with the boating crowd.
9. Seat backs need to be sloping. This could be accomplished with tapered cushions in existing designs.
10. Exterior gel-coat deteriorates quickly unless a lot of cleaning and waxing is done often. An automotive paint-clear coat finish would solve this.
Loren G. Hedahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 05:38 AM   #46

Name: Jane and Greg
Trailer: 1985 Uhaul CT
South Carolina
Love our UHaul....love fiberglass inside and out, we have all the comforts of home semi installed. Yup, just ordered a Reliance porta potty. Only fiberglass I would trade for would be a slideout incorporated someway.
Jane SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 09:36 AM   #47

Trailer: Lite House
Registry
1.) Do you like the simple design of a molded fiberglass trailer like you have at the moment.

I pretty much love our LiteHouse Trailer 4-2. It would be nice if it was a few feet longer and I'd appreciate an inside bathroom and an air conditioner, but all that would add weight, complexity and require a larger tug.

2.) Do you have a 4, 6, or 8 cylinder vehicle to tow your trailer?

Four cylinder Tacoma - It does just fine.

3.) Did you buy the fiberglass trailer for economical sense such as to combat against gas guzzling, fewer or lower powered vehicle?

We had decided that it was time to move up from our tents and into something a little easier to set up and more comfortable to sleep in. We were working on a design for a teardrop when the LiteHouse appeared on the local Craigslist. "Wait", I said. "You can stand up in it, it has a queen size bed and I don't have to build it? Win!"

4.) Do you prefer molded fiberglass egg trailer (Scamp, Bolens, Burro, Etc.) rather than a stickbuilt trailer (Fleetwood, Coachman, Dutchman, etc) for what reasons?

While I've had a few issues with leaking, etc., maintenance with a FG camper is much less, imho, than stickbuilt units.

5.) How much time besides sleep time did you spend inside a trailer?

It depends. When we take the trailer to music festivals, we usually also bring along a 10x20 canopy, rugs, chairs, tables, etc. and set up an outside living room and kitchen. The trailer is strictly a bedroom. On other trips where we bring less accouterments, and the weather or bugs are problematic, we spend more time inside.

6.) Do you prefer to have bathroom installed or no bathroom?

We have a porta-potti in the trailer but rarely use it inside. If we're going to be somewhere for several days, and there are no close-by bathrooms, we might build a privacy screen out of tarps and set up the PP downwind from the trailer, but mostly don't miss it.

7.) Do you host tailgate parties often at your favorite sports event or state fair events or special events?

Occasionally the trailer ends up being a party spot at events when it's raining or buggy outside, but mostly we party under the canopy.

8.) Do you like the brand names that are no longer in operations or something new?

While I really like the LiteHouse (no longer in production), I have a jones for the new Cricket trailers (I know; not an egg.)
Davie B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 09:48 AM   #48

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
FYI thread from Feb 2012, is prototype still being built?
Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote