Model Railroading anyone - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-08-2018, 06:39 AM   #1

Name: John
Trailer: 2019 Oliver Elite II
Texas
Model Railroading anyone

I model in HOn3 and G Scale, we will be going to the Casita Rallies in Texas this year, you can always look me up, I go by trainman and our trailer is called "The Caboose". I won't be modeling in the trailer, but good conservation is always relaxing.

trainman
trainman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 09:26 AM   #2

Name: Lawrence
Trailer: In the market
Nova Scotia
Model Trains

Oh yea! On30 and G gauge is our scene.
We are new to the fibre glass scene, graduating up from pop up. We do train shows around the Maritimes in Atlantic Canada but someday look forward to travelling the state's in our camper.
So you never know someday we could be in your neck of the woods!

Lawrence
Lawrence D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 09:47 AM   #3

Name: Roger
Trailer: Trails West Campster andTeardrop American
California
Registry
Hi
I have about 10 Big Hauler sets. Some work. Will be building my empire when I retire from camping. Lolol. Love trains
Happy Trails
rwilhelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 09:27 AM   #4

Name: Dave
Trailer: 13' 1973 Boler - tow/2017 Colorado Crew-Cab
Ontario
Registry
I too, am involved in Model Railroading; right after my primary interest in FGRV restoration and my secondary interest in conserving wildlife in our bush lot (deer, bear, turkeys, etc.). I'm moderately into HO and learning DCC rewiring. I'm also trying to visualize an 'N' gauge set-up 'in' my 13' Boler. Any other 'Ferroequinologists' out there in FGRV land ?
Old 04-09-2018, 05:19 PM   #5

Name: Roger
Trailer: Trails West Campster andTeardrop American
California
Registry
Re trains. Most of mine are G scale, but I do have Ho and N scale. Where I would build my outdoor layout would likely be walked by local wildlife. I live where there is an abundance. Deer, bear, cougar, rabbit, raccons, possum, grey fox, occasional coyotes, squirrels, and variety of birds. I have a trail camera and its a lot of fun. If you're on facebook, feel free to look at my pics. They are all public.
Happy Trails
rwilhelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 05:29 PM   #6

Trailer: Boler 13 ft / Casita FD
I was into HO scale for many years but work away from home and 22 years ago, grand kids showed no interest sort of abandoned it all.
Have loads of rolling stock and a few engines.
If interested in buying it all I will sell it for pennies on the dollar. Or one can come buy the whole lay-out, 12 foot with a 4 foot L, and a 4X4 foot yard for rolling stock.
It is doubled looped so a train can go from inner loop to outer and run 2 locomotives at the same time.
Anyone in Maine is welcome to come make an offer.
Or interest just personal message me.
Gerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 09:10 PM   #7

Name: Kelly
Trailer: Trails West
Oregon
I have a Z scale train, small enough to go in the trailer
k corbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 01:41 PM   #8

Name: Jeff
Trailer: In the market
Illinois
HO shelfies

Started with Lionel O27 when I was 5 (?), forgot about it until well after college when I moved into HO. Dabbled a bit in N, but never really got into it. Had a decent HO shelf switching layout prior to moving a few years ago.

Recently set up a small roundy-round for the grandkids. I included a couple of turnouts that could in theory connect someday to an industrial / transload shelf. You know, just in case...

Prices have gone up so much in the last few years though that I hesitate to jump back in.
jcj380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 11:08 AM   #9

Name: Borden and Carole
Trailer: 1978 Earlton Ontario boler
Ontario
Registry
Like to build models and rail road hobby places to get scale people.
Old 04-11-2021, 12:50 PM   #10

Name: Don
Trailer: 2015 Escape 17A
California
Add me to the list. In HO scale: The Rincon Pacific Railroad: serves the oil and agricultural industries of Ventura Counrty in 1960.
In 1-1/2" scale - Ventura County Live Steamers, though we are inactive as a club, having been replaced in Fillmore by low-income housing.
Current interests include the railroad history of any area that we camp in. It is amazing how much of the U.S. and Canada is historically defined by the railroads.

You'll find us towing our sleeping quarters, an Escape 17 named "The Pullman".
RLTW - LRRA2015
dfandrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 07:37 PM   #11

Trailer: 2013Escape 21
Iowa
I gave my HO stuff to my son in law and grandson last year. I had acquired a bunch of new stuff that was part of an estate and was unwanted. My Grandson loves trains, steam train video, heavy equipment and books on trains. He is two, soon to be three. There is hope in America if we help pass it on. My recent highlight was seeing UP 4014 Big Boy a couple years ago four miles south of our home.
I made a landfill run the other day. Had to cross the main UP line on my way and saw a coal train was coming. Nobody behind me so I stopped and waited for the arms to come down and watched the Locomotive and coal cars from Wyoming go by. I’ve always liked trains. I miss cabooses.
Iowa Dave.
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 08:44 PM   #12

Name: Michael
Trailer: Casita 16ft.
California
I play with G scale trains and somewhat related, 1/32 scale slot cars. I don't have a train layout at home. All of my train play is done via a G scale model train club that I am a member of. We have a pretty extensive logging RR layout that is open to the public in Fort Bragg, California.
Nor Cal Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 09:17 PM   #13

Trailer: 2013Escape 21
Iowa
Wanted to let folks know about a model train museum but found out it’s now closed indefinitely.
Sorry
Iowa Dave
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 10:25 AM   #14

Name: Adrian
Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA
Manitoba
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
I’ve always liked trains. I miss cabooses.
Iowa Dave.
Dave I agree, even though I worked for the CPR for 29 years my favourite memories of trains are as a young boy riding in steam trains watching the smoke blow by the window. A not so great memory though was chipping a tooth on the steel bar on the back of the seat ahead. I'll not forget the time my father took me into a caboose and I climbed up to the top, probably about age 6-7. He worked for the DAR, you probably don't know that one, it ran only in Nova Scotia, the Dominion Atlantic Railway. In Digby the rails ran down the middle of one street! We would regularly take the train to Digby, the ferry across the Bay of Fundy, the CPR train from St. John to Montreal which cut through Maine, then on to Toronto and London where we had relatives.

Adrian
emers382 is offline   Reply With Quote