Photography - Page 36 - Fiberglass RV

Old 10-29-2015, 08:55 AM   #491

Name: Myron
Trailer: 19' Escape
NM
Registry
Scanned this month from old Kodachrome 64 slides. (Nikon LS-2000 scanner). Have begun saving these new jpegs to a Seagate.
Attached Thumbnails
PegCov88.jpg   MontydVil-1.jpg  

Old 12-06-2015, 01:32 PM   #492

Name: Modesta
Trailer: Currently Shopping
Florida
Wonderful pictures. I love photos very much especially nature. I'm interested in pictures and I want to go to special school. We can present our soul with pictures.

Old 12-06-2015, 03:04 PM   #493

Name: Alfred
Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2010 Nissan Frontier
Ontario
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi: All... Here's a pic I snapped with my digi Lumix of a pic from 1943. My Dad in his bread wagon.
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Attached Thumbnails
P1000548.jpg  
Old 12-06-2015, 03:24 PM   #494

Name: Adrian
Trailer: 2007 Escape 5.0
Manitoba
Nice pic Alf but you are showing your age!

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
Old 12-06-2015, 03:53 PM   #495

Name: David
Trailer: Definitely looking!
Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vukora View Post
Think about it ..every time we look back at ourselves five years ago we think we were an idiot.
I don't have to go back that far. Last week...
Old 12-06-2015, 08:53 PM   #496

Name: Alfred
Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2010 Nissan Frontier
Ontario
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Quote:
Originally Posted by emers382 View Post
Nice pic Alf but you are showing your age!

Hi: emers382... I didn't take the original!!! I did take this snap from the edge of the Bay of Fundy though.
Attached Thumbnails
P1030068.jpg  
Old 12-06-2015, 10:36 PM   #497

Name: james
Trailer: Boler 1984
Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alf S. View Post
Hi: All... Here's a pic I snapped with my digi Lumix of a pic from 1943. My Dad in his bread wagon.

Waaaay back in '43 I would be allowed to feed the horses of the bread wagon, the milk wagon or the ice cream man's an apple. They were huge things for a little tad.
Thanks for the memory.
Jim

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV
Old 12-06-2015, 10:59 PM   #498

Name: Adrian
Trailer: 2007 Escape 5.0
Manitoba
Quote:
Hi: emers382... I didn't take the original!!! I did take this snap from the edge of the Bay of Fundy though.

Well of course you didnt you were not even born then BUT if your dad was working in 1943 you must be getting on yourself not that I should talk you are only a bit older than I.

Guess you are looking forward to going south so are we but Beth's recovery from the knee op is going slowly.

Now back to our regularly scheduled program on photography sorry I dont have a great photo to share.

Adrian

Old 01-06-2016, 03:48 PM   #499

Name: james
Trailer: Boler 1984
Ontario
Quote:

In '49 my parents bought a new home. In the spring the road was just a mud bog and the milk wagon got stuck up to its axles. The poor old horse couldn't pull it out so the milkman unhitched it and road back to the dairy. He came back with a pair of huge Belgians and just sucked that rig right out of the mud. What a great day for a 9 year old.

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV
Old 01-06-2016, 06:50 PM   #500

Name: Diane
Trailer: u-haul ct13
Virginia
Oh Alf, I love this shot of your dad in his bread wagon! How special is that. WOW! Thank you so much for sharing this story and your beautiful photo. Very special.
Old 01-07-2016, 06:33 PM   #501

Name: Michael
Trailer: Li'l Hauley
Oklahoma
That vintage photo reminded me of this one of my mother, when she was a teenager. I added some color tones to the B&W photo.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Mom G and horses.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	267.0 KB
ID:	91575
How much time do we have left? 2 Chr. 7:14
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 01:01 AM   #502

Name: Pat
Trailer: Escape 17B Sold 5/2016
Washington
Several years ago one of my sons brought some boxes of slides I'd taken while stationed on Okinawa in the mid 50's. These had been stored in the hot attic of an old house and forgotten. To my surprise several seemed to be unaffected with the heat and humidity they'd gone through all those years.

Of all those pictures this of 2 Okinawan fishermen and their boat and the old man on his way home from a days work are by far now my favorite. Let's face it, at the time I took the pictures I was punk a.. teenager who didn't know what he was doing.
Attached Thumbnails
Fishermen.jpg   Okinawa-2.jpg  

2012 4Runner Ltd
OneOleMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 11:45 AM   #503

Name: Bruce
Trailer: Bigfoot 25 ft RQ
Missouri
I took photography for three years in college in the late '70s. This was in the develop your film and prints in a darkroom days. I spent an absolute fortune (for me at the time) on a Nikon F2AS camera and three lenses. I still have them plus an additional 15 mm wide angle lens from ebay. Once you get Nikon fever there is no known cure. I am the only one who ever had his hands on the camera, It now resides, seldom used, in a Pelican case and it pretty much looks new.

Going through my closet recently I found my old film development canister. That is a cylinder shaped object that comes apart and has an internal holder that allows you to 'spiral' a roll of 35mm film onto it (while in a darkroom) then fill it with development chemicals at the appropriate temperatures, for the appropriate times, and develop your film. I remember that tri-x black and white film is easy to develop. (colour is another story and slides are impossible). I believe I will get some tri-x and break out the old Nikon.

One advantage of black and white prints is they are permanent. Once they are properly 'fixed' by the development process they do not fade or change tone or colour. They remain photographs until the paper they are printed on is physically destroyed. Black and white photo print paper that is developed with chemicals does not deteriorate or yellow with time. Images fixed on/in it could last 1,000 years if protected. Not so with colour prints, slides or photos printed on computer print paper.
Old 01-08-2016, 12:25 PM   #504

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2017 Escape 21
Oswego, NY
Registry
I feel your pain on closeted cameras. I have a Nikon F3HP & a Hasselblad 600 (with 2 backs & 3 lenses) in storage. I keep getting urges to dig them out, but currently shoot with a Nikon D800 & don't really want to go back.

As to slides, while it is impossible to process Kodachrome yourself, Ektachrome is/was doable. I processed many rolls of Ektachrome 160T & 320T using the E6 processing kit. Many steps, but we had to get theatre rehearsal images out by the next morning, so overnight processing was necessary.

How long an image from a printer lasts depends on the technology. I have 16" X 20" images printed with an HP dye based printer that faded under fluorescent lighting in under 6 months, but others using Epson's pigment based ink that are over 15 years old (in sunlight) that show no fading. I agree that silver based black & white is one of the least fade damaged technology, but pigment based color prints on archival paper can last quite awhile. Another advantage is as long as you keep the digital files updated so they are readable with the current technology, you can always produce a new print with the current technology (the same as with film, at least black & white).

Jon Vermilye is offline   Reply With Quote