Quilts - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-07-2011, 02:48 PM   #21

Name: Janelle & Jerry
Trailer: Casita
Oregon
Registry
Talking Quilter too

I have quilted for a few years now, but just retired so am looking forward to having lots more time for it. My husband can't figure out what we will do with all the quilts, silly man. Most of what I have made have gone to the kids-grandkids. I do some hand applique so I think I could take that with me on the road, or do hand piecing. The Sisters Quilt Show is this Saturday July 9, since we only live about 45 minutes away I am going with a friend. Anyone else going?
Janelle in Prineville OR
Jerry-Janelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 10:20 AM   #22

Trailer: Escape 13 ft 2010 ('Ladybug') / 2003 Subaru Forester
Registry
Janelle:

Yes, we were at the Sisters Quilt Show. My wife is the quilter. We stayed at Tumalo State Park. After Tumalo we headed for Valley of the Rogue State Park where she was able to do some outdoor quilting of her own.

Brian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry-Janelle View Post
I have quilted for a few years now, but just retired so am looking forward to having lots more time for it. My husband can't figure out what we will do with all the quilts, silly man. Most of what I have made have gone to the kids-grandkids. I do some hand applique so I think I could take that with me on the road, or do hand piecing. The Sisters Quilt Show is this Saturday July 9, since we only live about 45 minutes away I am going with a friend. Anyone else going?
Janelle in Prineville OR
Attached Thumbnails
IMGP2703 sm.jpg  
Old 07-27-2011, 10:53 AM   #23

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Interesting new book about seamstresses whose sewing skills kept astronauts alive in space suits. "in the midst of NASA’s mania for systems engineering, this technical device was created largely by seamstresses."
Here
Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 09:22 PM   #24

Name: Janelle & Jerry
Trailer: Casita
Oregon
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Van Snell View Post
Janelle:

Yes, we were at the Sisters Quilt Show. My wife is the quilter. We stayed at Tumalo State Park. After Tumalo we headed for Valley of the Rogue State Park where she was able to do some outdoor quilting of her own.

Brian
What kind of quilting does she do on the road? This years quilt show was the best I have seen. The colors were incredible and there were some wonderful original designs.

Janelle
Jerry-Janelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 08:49 AM   #25

Trailer: Boler 1984
For a change, my wife made these bears from an old comforter that we got as a wedding gift back in 1967 as a wedding gift. They're going out to our grandsons at Christmas.
Attached Thumbnails
Teddy 001 (1280x853) (640x427).jpg  
james kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 09:56 AM   #26

Trailer: Trails West Campster 1970
Registry
Since this original posting I actually started quilting a little. While my family members are more into art quilts, I like the personal touch, simple designs with meaningful fabrics. Anyway, I've been using some fabrics from Spoonflower. They have some great trailer/camping fabrics such as these.

Not the cheapest fabric, but if you buy a yard of something you like you can fill the quilt out with coordinating and less expensive fabrics.
Bobbie Mayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 11:17 AM   #27

Name: Dave
Trailer: Bigfoot
Newfoundland & Labrador
My quilter is gone now but our grandaughter got most of the stuff and the Janome. She is doing quite well with it. Janet gave most of the quilts away before the end but I can still curl up with a lot of memories when I feel the need.
She would be really impressed [as am I] with the quilts show here.
Scouter Dave is offline   Reply With Quote