RC helicopters - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 07-27-2013, 11:57 AM   #15
Name: Norm I want to thank all the Kings horses and all the Kings men
Trailer: 73 Scamp 13'
A better controller seems like a good idea. I assume you would no longer need to manually ad throttle when going forward. Adjusting the servo to have the maximum forward movement helps me fly in the wind a little better. anxious to see how your new controller works. Need to keep reminding myself. Focus on the Scamp, focus on the Scamp.

Ngrimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 02:09 PM   #16
Name: Tom
Trailer: Scamp 16'
Adjusting the throttle curve on the Flysky 9X will make it easier to maintain a constant altitude. The throttle control on the stock transmitter is pretty touchy and staying at the same altitude is difficult.
The tail rotor on the V911 helicopter is sensitive with the stock transmitter so I'll be able to program the 9X transmitter to decrease the tail rotor sensitivity. Most of what I have learned is found on the RCGROUPS site in the micro heli forum.

FlyboyTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 02:25 PM   #17
Name: Norm I want to thank all the Kings horses and all the Kings men
Trailer: 73 Scamp 13'
Lately I noticed on of my copters is getting hard to control the tail rotor. Not sure if it is the controller, the motor or the gyro. I suppose I should sync it up with the other controller (don't remember the term for that)
Ngrimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 01:51 PM   #18
Name: Mike
Trailer: 2001 Spirit Deluxe 17" K5NAN
I have the Spectrum DX5 controller and then after I started into Helis the guy told me I would need to get a 6 Channel for true cyclic control. Bummer as they arent cheap. For the flight sim software I got the Phoenix version and it has about 100 or so models to choose from. (dont remember the exact number of models). It plugs into your real controller. I like it because on the "real" models that are for sale it simulates the control surfaces and mimics a real flight and can be varied. Also you can fly online with or against others and there is a touch and go or as I call it touch and crash. Where you land and take off land and take off. I cant even count the number of Heli crashes I have had to date. Would be nice if my grandson were old enough for me to fly with.

"Miss Adventures"
If you Rest, You Rust
GMike A is offline   Reply With Quote