Scrapbooking - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-28-2016, 01:56 PM   #1

Name: Crystal
Trailer: 2008 Fun FinderX 160, wanted Eggcamper all electric
Michigan
Scrapbooking

Anyone scrapbook on the road? I think the biggest issue would be where to put all the stash.....just curious lol
Old 01-28-2016, 02:06 PM   #2

Name: Rich & Linda
Trailer: Amerigo
Indiana
Cool BOOK

IN THE BOOK LOL
MRClaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 02:25 PM   #3

Michigan
I mean I scrapbook and have the machines and paper photos etc. I have a whole wing of the house (aka corner in the basement) and wondered if anyone scrapbooked on the road when camping, how do you do it in a tiny trailer? Nope not the digital kind.....
Attached Images

Old 01-28-2016, 02:29 PM   #4

Name: Rich & Linda
Trailer: Amerigo
Indiana
WOW
MRClaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 04:03 PM   #5

Michigan
I can't wait to keep one of my camping adventures and make cards with "home is where I park it" crafty fun!
Old 01-28-2016, 05:14 PM   #6

Name: RogerDat
Trailer: 2010 Scamp 16
Michigan
Well with small campers or backpacking it all boils down to where you going to put "that" and what are you going to leave behind to make room for it.

People have gotten pretty creative in creating extra space. One member whom I seldom see posting anymore did a thing where he mounted the lids to those plastic under bed storage containers on the underside of the camper it allowed him to store stuff in the plastic bins which he simply latched back to the attached lid. Had an extra bungee cord strap or two to make sure the bin stayed put.

The stuff you move under the camper makes more room inside for more delicate items. :-) or in the tow vehicle or on a roof top car rack. In the end I guess it boils down to can you set up a small kit which provides the equipment you really need to enjoy the crafting hobby while on the road. Without becoming burdened or crowded by a bunch of stuff you don't use or don't need.

If it makes you feel better I have this same battle with myself over tools every trip. However with the tools I really hope I DON'T need to use them.
RogerDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 05:53 PM   #7

Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerDat View Post
Well with small campers or backpacking it all boils down to where you going to put "that" and what are you going to leave behind to make room for it.

People have gotten pretty creative in creating extra space. One member whom I seldom see posting anymore did a thing where he mounted the lids to those plastic under bed storage containers on the underside of the camper it allowed him to store stuff in the plastic bins which he simply latched back to the attached lid. Had an extra bungee cord strap or two to make sure the bin stayed put.

The stuff you move under the camper makes more room inside for more delicate items. :-) or in the tow vehicle or on a roof top car rack. In the end I guess it boils down to can you set up a small kit which provides the equipment you really need to enjoy the crafting hobby while on the road. Without becoming burdened or crowded by a bunch of stuff you don't use or don't need.

If it makes you feel better I have this same battle with myself over tools every trip. However with the tools I really hope I DON'T need to use them.
Yeah I get that totally, I have tried to keep it simple when going for a weekend here and there, prob best to do some planning with pictures etc and save the real work for at home (cut pictures down, maybe mat them ahead of time, or bring a printer and simply get them all printed) I tend to have time on Vac (camping) and once home the rat race begins...I just read the whole thread about living FT in the camper and letting "stuff" go.....seeing as how the hubby won't camp I'll always have him in our house watching my stuff lol, he is a hunter as well and I don't think we can bring an 800lb safe with us either...I have been helping my mom go through 45 years of "stuff" that as many said they won't want as the child ...sadly I have all my own stuff (solid oak and my own China lol) I am having my own parsing down while she does hers as well...it has been helpful, but with 2 kids (9&11) I feel I am constantly going through their stuff too esp with generous grandmas at Xmas ..ugh it never ends!
4x4LDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 07:47 PM   #8

Name: Gilda
Trailer: 2011 Scamp 13'
California
Registry
I feel for you Crystal! I love to sew and to craft; scrapbooking, not so much, but all these activities take specialized equipment, tools, etc. I would suggest dedicating a piece of luggage or specialized totes while simplifying your "traveling scrapbook kit". Everything Mary Scrapbook Purple Pink Organizer | Jo-Ann or Crop In Style XXL Totes | Jo-Ann

Gilda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 07:56 PM   #9

California
Registry
I, too, am responsible for sorting out my mom's accumulation of over 50 years which includes a huge collection of mostly unfinished sewing and crafts projects!

Reading the following book, which was on the NY Times, bestseller list and is hugely popular with online followers; Robot Check helped motivate me. While the author's techniques may be too strident for many, I found asking the simple question "Does this give me joy?" is critical for "tidying up". Being able to let go of what is no longer useful to us is also key.

Hang in there! You have a busy life raising those kids and you also deserve to carve out time for your passions!
Old 01-29-2016, 07:17 AM   #10

Michigan
hahaha, I have that top organizer I think! I did away with the bottom type and now just use the office depot calapsing tote and the crop crate apron from theScraprack.com I have been doing an organizing challenge for a couple years and each time I tend to get rid of more, but since I sell some products it adds up sometimes faster than I want it to. Thankfully my last party moved a lot of my old inventory and I have slowed down on my orders here as of late. I do love the idea of a camping bag only for scrabooking....I think as I organize my room I decide what I want in there as I go My mom loves to quilt and I am going to challenge myself to make one for her.....it will be her "prize" when we get her house uncluttered. Years of taking in other loved ones items has really weighed her down and she worked up until 70 a couple years ago when my dad passed. She kept working because he medically retired and his heart meds were so expensive. I think letting go of dad's things have been really hard for her and now almost 2 years later I see her finally wanting to clean stuff out. It has really opened my eyes on my life and my kids and what they will do with my crap lol. I figured they will box it up (scrapbooks) and some day they will be digitally scanned and put on a pc. I'm not sure they'll care, but again I'll be dead and I won't either.....I'll make sure I leave them a note saying, feel free to do as you wish with them since it's not my mess anymore I do hope they cherish them ...I wish I had more pictures of me with family I have lost but again, what's important to me, may not be for others. I think this is why I love this community of campers....I loved camping with my best friend and I miss her in my life, camping with my kids brings back good memories of the good ole days for me and I hope it will leave fond memories for my kids also....and of course it'll all be documented in a full color scrapbook with love lol I'll post pictures once I get around to scrapbooking some of pages from my short 2015 camp season ....I do see a lot of people blogging and I do have a blog, but never really envisioned that as a scrapbook but I guess it could be! shewhorunswithnakedpages.blogspot.com/
Old 01-29-2016, 11:34 PM   #11

California
Registry
One's psychological outlook is the basic step to dealing with "stuff". Sounds as if you have taken a huge step in that direction! I'm sure your mom will love her "reward". Keep up the momentum!