Travelling with pets - Page 8 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-23-2018, 08:12 AM   #141

Name: Robert
Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Past Tents" 2018 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB SuperCrew
Arkansas
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary F View Post
(We lost our beautiful Mavis this week, and are now houndless.)
I'm very sorry to hear that Mary. I know she was a well loved and long time companion.
Old 06-23-2018, 08:28 AM   #142
Administrator

Name: Mary
Trailer: 2015 Escape 21; formerly Casita 1999 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan View Post
I'm very sorry to hear that Mary. I know she was a well loved and long time companion.
Yes. We got the Escape so these two could tag along (and not sleep in the back of the truck). Thinking now we can downsize to a Casita again. We don't need all that space for just the two of us.

(The pic is from Fall NOG 2015, just a few days after we picked up. How many Texas pooches have been to Canada?)
Attached Thumbnails
2015_1003_IMG_6178.jpg  
Info on Adding Photos to a Post
RV Life Network FAQ
Mary F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 09:34 AM   #143

Name: Gordon
Trailer: 2015 Scamp (16 Std Layout 4) with '15 Toyota Sienna LE Tug
North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary F View Post
(The pic is from Fall NOG 2015, just a few days after we picked up. How many Texas pooches have been to Canada?)
Deepest condolences. Looks like she had a good life and got to smell many places.

Speaking of Canada, I am getting ready to take my ~13 year old North Carolina pooch there, and points in between and sideways. All in all, about 31 days and 3400 miles. Her age is really showing and I know we have probably only a year or two. I hope I am not making a mistake. If the travel is not too hard on her, she will enjoy the different places and cooler temps. But if her (so far) minor health issues get bad, then it could be hard on her. Fingers crossed.
gordon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 06:42 AM   #144

Name: Mitzi
Trailer: LilSnoozy 12/01/16, Tug 2012 Dodge Citadel
Florida
Yuki the senior cat now hates the car. Roadkill and Angel, the middle cats, are fine with travel unless we are surrounded by tractor-trailers. Maybe because Roadkill fell from the bottom of a tractor-trailer as a baby. We were right bhind and able to grab him withoutdifficulty. George, the last cat. is pretty oblivious to his surroundings. I miss them too much to travel without them. I was checking out a provincial park in Canada that was described as "pet friendly" only allows 2 pets per campsite. Debating whether or not to tell them we are q
a 4 pet family. Sometimes it's easier to ask forgiveness than permission
Old 07-28-2018, 07:07 AM   #145

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
That has always been my credence....
Old 07-28-2018, 01:19 PM   #146
Commercial Member

Name: Charlie Y
Trailer: Escape 21 - Felicity
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitzi Agnew-Giles View Post
Yuki the senior cat now hates the car. Roadkill and Angel, the middle cats, are fine with travel unless we are surrounded by tractor-trailers. Maybe because Roadkill fell from the bottom of a tractor-trailer as a baby. We were right bhind and able to grab him withoutdifficulty. George, the last cat. is pretty oblivious to his surroundings. I miss them too much to travel without them. I was checking out a provincial park in Canada that was described as "pet friendly" only allows 2 pets per campsite. Debating whether or not to tell them we are q
I think that restriction is aimed at dog owners. Cats don't tend to get too wild and bark much. We travel with 3 small well trained and behaved camping dogs and often violate the two pet rule.

After all, would that also apply to goldfish or parakeets?

Don't drill holes, try custom storage you design: https://RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 03:38 PM   #147

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500 (plus 2 Rhodesian Ridgebacks)
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitzi Agnew-Giles View Post

Most provincial parks also state that there’s a maximum of 6 persons per site. I’ve met families with 5 kids while camping. Plenty of park rules are ignored until you give them a reason to want to enforce them.
Carol Ann in TO is offline   Reply With Quote