Windows 10 Released today - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 07-29-2015, 02:00 PM   #15

Name: Beth
Trailer: eventually
Ontario
Can anyone confirm if they did or did not do away with the auto update that couldn't be delayed or gotten around.

For those who are travelling and using limited or slow wifi services, an auto update could make for a very testy experience.

Old 07-29-2015, 02:40 PM   #16

Name: Terry
Trailer: 1996 Casita Freedom Deluxe 17 ft
Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almost There View Post
Can anyone confirm if they did or did not do away with the auto update that couldn't be delayed or gotten around.

For those who are travelling and using limited or slow wifi services, an auto update could make for a very testy experience.
If you scroll down on this article, it will give you a way to stop automatic updates. Originally, Microsoft was going to make them mandatory but they came to their senses.

How to Upgrade to Windows 10 | WIRED

Old 07-29-2015, 03:09 PM   #17

Name: Darral
Trailer: Scamp Standard 13' 2010
Tennessee
Go into the Control Panel and set the updates to where YOU choose to install them. That way, you can download and install them when you're near WIFI. I would NOT go long without installing updates. You also need to make sure you keep an updated Anti-Virus software. I use the freebies and they work fine. (Avast)

I have a "spare" Win 8 notebook I'm downloading Win 10 to. We've already received a notice from our major software provider (Exact JobBoss) to NOT upgrade to WIN 10 yet because they're not guaranteeing "compatibility". Oh boy...here we go!

Win 7 is the best system they've ever had. Less blue screens by far over the infamous XP. We use the "PRO" version on all software because of networking.

History... anybody remember WOLFENSTEIN?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almost There View Post

Old 07-29-2015, 04:23 PM   #18

Name: Sergey
Trailer: 2014 Scamp 16 layout 4
SW Florida
I moved to linux about 10 years ago and will never return to windows on my computers. But I'm upgrading spare windows 7 netbook to w10 now to see what w10 is. Only 2 hours passed, but the update is at 51% already :-)
Old 07-29-2015, 04:32 PM   #19

Name: Pat
Trailer: Escape 17B Sold 5/2016
Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
I am one who does not mind Windows 8. Some definite niceties compared to 7, BUT definitely could use some fine tuning. I will be giving 10 a go on my ultrabook right away.
I was going to do the same, Jim, but about an hour ago my trusty ole Toshiba crashed so it looks like I'm gonna wait a while.
2012 4Runner Ltd
OneOleMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 04:37 PM   #20

Name: Ellpea
Trailer: Bigfoot
California
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Miller View Post
I hear that they are including a new WDH with the full edition of Windows-10 to distribute more of the keyboard touch weight between the fingers and the elbow and reduce weight on the tush as well.....

A keyboard set-up "Pro" has already posted that this change will allow you to exceed the Windows-10 maximum rating of 575 input strokes per minute to up to 935 SPM, but that is only valid in Canada where metric strokes are used.

(LOLOLOL in case you didn't guess!)

LP
5 cylinders, 5 speed auto transmission
Ellpea in CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 11:25 PM   #21

Name: Jim
Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Alberta
Registry
My laptop is less than a year old, so compatibility should not be an issue. I just have to find the time to do it.

I actually haven't even checked my laptop to confirm if is available for me there yet. Maybe tomorrow, though a busy day is ahead.

“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
windows