Your all time favorite vehicle??? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 01-12-2015, 10:57 PM   #15

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Dave, it's one of the reasons I've hung on to the Scamp. I keep throwing money at the panel and have been PROMISED I'll get it back this spring from the body shop. I just want to take the combo (53-Scamp) out one time.. then I'll be happy to sell the Scamp. Visually, from a hot rodders perspective, it's a perfect combo.

Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 11:19 PM   #16

Name: Pineapple Man
Trailer: Scamp 13'
Ohio
My last farm truck before I had to retire, a 1992 Ford F-150, extended cab, long bed. Had to sell her because I could no longer shift her gears, and need A/C now.
I still miss her....
Now I drive a Grand Caravan with all the seats out.

Old 01-12-2015, 11:53 PM   #17

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006
California
Well Donna you've both worlds covered. One combo for hot rod gatherings and another for rallys. Keep them all.... there're better than money in stocks
Old 01-13-2015, 12:57 AM   #18

Name: Laura & Rick
Trailer: Had an Escape 21 ft
Washington
Just my 2 cents worth. Best car was my Porsche 911S Targa, then the Porsche 912 and finally a Sunbeam Alpine. Donna, that TD is just taking up valuable space. It needs to relocate to Washington!
Old 01-13-2015, 03:39 AM   #19

Name: Susan
Trailer: Looking around!
Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
1967 Ford Mustang... And a 1967 289. Oh and I have a 1952 MGTD in the garage....
How did I forget we had a Sunlit Gold San Jose made '67 289 Mustang for a couple of years? I never remember to put that on my lists. Would love to see your MGTD!
Old 01-13-2015, 05:24 AM   #20

Name: Ted
Trailer: (Dark side)Crossroads Now
Glade Valley, North Carolina
My first car which was a 1970 Ford Maverick. It was black with white double racing stripes down the hood and trunk. Aluminum mag wheels. Came with a 6cylinder. I replaced with a 302 engine, with duel glass pack exhaust. Seats were red leatherette with black mole skin in the center, front and back. Dash was black felt wrapped. Gear shift knob was an 8 ball. Eight speakers with a power booster and AM/FM cassette. It had a musical horn that played 76 different tunes. Also had an Ahooga horn. And of coarse black/white fuzzy dice with feathers hanging from the rearview mirror. Drove it through high school and two years of college. LOL
Old 01-13-2015, 05:32 AM   #21

Name: Bob
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA
W. Mass
69 Rally Racing Green Camero, unfortunately hot cars and teenagers don't mix, at least not for long. Just like this one except not an SS.

Old 01-13-2015, 06:39 AM   #22

Name: Jim
Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Alberta
Registry
My second car, and most favourite, was a '64 Oldsmobile F-85 Cutlass. 330 big block, four speed muncie. Not my photo, but the same colour as mine was.

Most sad car story. In the late 70''s, I had $600 in my pocket, and needed a car. I came across a '67 Camaro SS for $600. The problem was, the 396 engine needed a rebuild, otherwise the car was in excellent condition. I sadly had to pass to find something that ran decent. I cringe at the though of how much that sucker would be worth now, even in the condition it was in then. I still lust after getting one, maybe some day before I die. Again, not my photo.

My first car also carries fond memories. It was a '62 Chevy Acadian 2 door. Basic model, 6 cyl with a 2 speed auto transmission (slush box). While just a plain model, that sucker took me everywhere and took a lot of abuse from a 16 year old kid. It is the only vehicle (car, truck or recreational) that I ever named, Andy. It came with a key fob with that name on it. Here is one fixed up a little nicer than mine was.

“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 06:40 AM   #23

Name: Kevin
Trailer: 28' Bigfoot Silver Cloud
Oak Park, IL
Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin A
I would have to say the two 2003 VW Eurovans we've owned are my all time favorites. We have used them as Tow vehicle, family cars, and like a pick-up truck. Great versatile vans!
Old 01-13-2015, 06:58 AM   #24
MC1

Name: Wayne
Trailer: Nest fan, Airstream Sold
Ontario
Thnx for posting folks. Really enjoying the stories and pics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid View Post
Easy. I was 16 and it was my first car. 1967 Ford Galaxy 500. Sid
Sid... There is a guy at the end of our street with a 66 500. It is in nice shape.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Meyer View Post
I'm another AMC fan. My first car was a 10 year old completely worn out '69 Rambler 2 door sedan. My favorite car was my '80 Eagle, closely followed by my '77 Pacer!
-- Dan Meyer
Dan, I always liked the underdog stigma of the AMC line. I also bought a brand new 70 Gremlin, and a 76 Pacer (which I reworked and installed a Ford 302 V8.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudley View Post
well there are a few but the car that really turned my head as a young man was the Volvo P1800ES wagon, that back hatch was what sealed it for me!
Dudley.... One of my pals has a P1800ES wagon. I saw it a few weeks ago. He has owned it for over 40 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Miller View Post
1953 Studebaker Commander 2dr Hardtop with a 57 Pontiac engine, Cad/LaSalle box etc, a 40 Ford coupe with a 283 Chev and, a 32 Ford coupe. And then there was the 1954 Corvette,
Bob, I always wanted a 30's/40's hot rod but it never came to be. I did have a 69, 427 Corvette back in the mid 70's. After it was fixed after "the accident" it was never quite the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatDane View Post
How did I forget we had a Sunlit Gold San Jose made '67 289 Mustang for a couple of years? I never remember to put that on my lists. Would love to see your MGTD!
GD... My pal back in the late 60's had a hunter green 67 Mustang coupe. It had a 289 with a 3speed manual, floor shift. A week after I bought the AMX he went out and bought a 1970 Boss Mustang. BTW.... he tried a number of times but that Boss was no match for the AMX.
Old 01-13-2015, 07:09 AM   #25
MC1

Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post

Most sad car story. In the late 70''s, I had $600 in my pocket, and needed a car. I came across a '67 Camaro SS for $600. The problem was, the 396 engine needed a rebuild, otherwise the car was in excellent condition. I sadly had to pass to find something that ran decent. I cringe at the though of how much that sucker would be worth now, even in the condition it was in then. I still lust after getting one, maybe some day before I die. Again, not my photo.
Jim... Your story about the 67 SS makes me think of a nice car I passed up too. About 1971 I saw a mid 60's Corvette Stingray coupe with a 427 4 speed. It was at a small used car lot in Virgil Ontario. The price on the window was $1,999.00. I walked away thinking there was no way I could afford to buy it not to mention the cost of putting super in the gas tank.
Old 01-13-2015, 07:22 AM   #26

Name: bob
Trailer: 1984 u-haul ct13; 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
My current tow vehicle that I've only owned for about 8 years ('76 pickup) and my '62 Fairlane that I've owned for about 30 years. The Fairlane can be seen in the movie "Taking Woodstock"
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0070.jpg   IMG_0267.jpg  

Old 01-13-2015, 07:41 AM   #27
Administrator

Name: Mary
Trailer: Escape 21; (formerly Casita LD 17 & 16)
Texas
Registry
Wow, Donna. Surprised this hasn't come up before. My first car was a 65 Mustang. It had the small engine (200cc straight six). My dad sold it to me when I graduated college and then bought himself a 289 that otherwise looked just like it. I didn't want to race him.
Mary F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 08:10 AM   #28
MC1

Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary F View Post
My first car was a 65 Mustang. It had the small engine (200cc straight six). My dad sold it to me when I graduated college and then bought himself a 289 that otherwise looked just like it. I didn't want to race him.
LOL, I understand the power issue with the 200ci six Mary. When looking for my first car I took a 1964 Ford Falcon with the same engine out for a test drive. It could barely get off the lot and up to 30MPH! I ended up buying this 850cc Austin Mini. It was quicker than the Falcon....LOL
Attached Thumbnails
mini 005.jpg