Craft Beer Exchange - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-26-2010, 02:24 PM   #1

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Craft Beer Exchange

Do hearing words such as Sweaty Betty, Black Toad, Flat Tire or Oatmeal Stout and such start your taste buds to salivate? Then this "workshop" is for you!

We're going to do a beer exchange again this year. The rules are simple. Bring a six pack of craft beer, either cans or bottles, a lawn chair and meet at the main gathering area on Thursday evening (15th) at 7pm sharp If you show up at 7:05, you're too late The idea is to introduce yourself to someone new and use that as an excuse to trade one can or bottle for a different brand. At the end of the exchange you should have six different brands than the one you brought.

Join in the fun, bring a beer brewed in your city/state...it's a good time to show off what the microbrewers are doing in your area.

You don't need to be a beer drinker to join in the fun... we just use it as an excuse to meet new people and say "Hi" to ole friends. We'll have a fire going and the conversations will be stimulating.

I'll be going to one of my favorite beer buying haunts sometime over the next two weeks to find an interesting dark beer. If you're a dark beer drinker, let's exchange!

BTW: Michelob is NOT a craft beer
Attached Thumbnails
CraftBeerExchange.jpg  
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 06:49 PM   #2

Trailer: Scamp 13 ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Do hearing words such as Sweaty Betty, Black Toad, Flat Tire or Oatmeal Stout and such start your taste buds to salivate? Then this "workshop" is for you!

We're going to do a beer exchange again this year. The rules are simple. Bring a six pack of craft beer, either cans or bottles, a lawn chair and meet at the main gathering area on Thursday evening (15th) at 7pm sharp If you show up at 7:05, you're too late The idea is to introduce yourself to someone new and use that as an excuse to trade one can or bottle for a different brand. At the end of the exchange you should have six different brands than the one you brought.

Join in the fun, bring a beer brewed in your city/state...it's a good time to show off what the microbrewers are doing in your area.

You don't need to be a beer drinker to join in the fun... we just use it as an excuse to meet new people and say "Hi" to ole friends. We'll have a fire going and the conversations will be stimulating.

I'll be going to one of my favorite beer buying haunts sometime over the next two weeks to find an interesting dark beer. If you're a dark beer drinker, let's exchange!

BTW: Michelob is NOT a craft beer
I' had so much fun to exchange my beer.....I should bring twelve pack....nice to meet you donna D.

Pat and Julie from Quebec
PatJul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 06:58 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatJul View Post
I' had so much fun to exchange my beer.....I should bring twelve pack....nice to meet you donna D.

Pat and Julie from Quebec
It was fun wasn't it! Nice to meet you too. Safe travels until the next time.
Old 10-02-2011, 04:08 PM   #4
KRW

Name: Kay
Trailer: Escape 19'
Oregon
Cancelling out of rally

Hi Donna,
We were signed up for A42 and will be unable to use it. We will cancel it at 9 am Monday morning.
Have fun and we look forward to the next rally.
Kay
KRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 10:07 PM   #5
Commercial Member

Trailer: We have had all the brands at least once.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRW View Post
Hi Donna,
We were signed up for A42 and will be unable to use it. We will cancel it at 9 am Monday morning.
Have fun and we look forward to the next rally.
Kay

This should be posted in the upcoming rallies, not the archive of old ones. Maybe someone can buy your spot form you.
Deb & Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 09:19 PM   #6

Trailer: 2008 Oliver Legacy Elite
Registry
What a wonderful idea. Wish we could be there. We spend a lot of time in Asheville NC (Brew City, with 10 local breweries in a tiny city and geographical area). Where else can sit outside and enjoy a locally brewed IPA, watching a movie projected onto the side of a truck, painted with theater curtains--Wedge Brewery in the River Arts District?

The craft brew exchange is fabulous. I'm sure you'll all have a great time!
SherryNPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 05:19 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SherryNPaul View Post
The craft brew exchange is fabulous. I'm sure you'll all have a great time!
It IS fun. Great way to get conversations started. I think other gatherings are starting to do something similar. Imitation is the best form of flattery! We'll have an exchange going on Friday night at the FAll NOG. Three more days to the exchange!

Tags
2010 oregon rally