Dogs and other pets - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-05-2008, 05:09 PM   #1

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Lots of people coming to the gathering will be bringing pets, especially dogs. Nice, friendly dogs. Just as a heads up, there are blue scooper bags available for pet waste typically at or near the garbage/recycle cans. Makes it convenient to carry one or two empty bags in your pocket for that "just-in-case" time.

AND, the main gathering area where we'll be having the big potlucks, campfire, etc. has a ground thistle infestation that is very detrimental to your dogs (and others) paws/feet. For your pet's safety and comfort, you may really want to consider leaving your pet in your trailer/tug rather than bringing it into this area. In fact, anytime you walk your pet through a grassy area in Bullard's consider checking the pet's paws.

Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 05:47 PM   #2

Trailer: 1989 Bigfoot 17 ft and 1989 Li'l Bigfoot 13 ft
Thanks Donna. I always wondered why Eeyore (from Winnie the Pooh) liked those darn thistles so much.

Our dog usually stays in the trailer if I'm not around to supervise. I always worry about her barking and bothering people, or worse as she's a bit protective. I am taking her to the 'doggie spa' (AKA Petsmart) sometime this week so that she can have a good bath before we have to be in close quarters with her for two weeks in the tug and the trailer. Hopefully it will cut down the shedding a bit. Dogs are great, but sometimes dogs (at least one like mine) and groups of people don't mix so well either. I'll enjoy myself more not having to be constantly checking what she's getting up to.
Lainey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 09:20 AM   #3

Trailer: 1987 Bigfoot 20 ft 5th Wheel and 1995 Bigfoot 2500 Shortbox Truck Camper and 1972 Compact Jr ('CJ') and 1974 Boler ('BB')
Thanks for the reminder Donna - One of the things I forgot about until you mentioned it.

I just went into my winter storage and found Asia's doggie boots to put in the trailer.

So if you see a silly looking big lab with winter boots on - that's Asia!

Brenda
Brenda Novakovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 01:13 PM   #4

Trailer: 2005 Casita Spirit Deluxe 17 ft
In addition, site A 20 will have a road side doggy water bowl for all the thirsty dogs on their many walks around the campground. Courtesy of Roux & Scout.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0602.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	52.4 KB
ID:	14303

Old 07-06-2008, 05:10 PM   #5

Trailer: Escape 17 ft 2006 / 2005 Honda Pilot
Registry
Of course, my hounds will be traveling with me - but since I now have air-conditioning, I doubt that I will be able to pry them out of the trailer even for the prospect of begging food and chasing small dogs.

Good idea about the road side doggy bowl - greyhounds do seem to wilt in warm water. Perhaps I can convince them to walk if I tell them there will be frequent water breaks to keep them from swooning.

Also good to know about the thistles - the hounds don't even like to walk on gravel.
Anne H is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2008 oregon gathering