Dutch Oven Workshop - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV

Old 06-15-2007, 08:39 PM   #29

Trailer: 2008 21 ft Bigfoot
Hi Mike and Lori,

Count Dennis and me in for the workshop, too. It sounds like too much fun to miss! We'll have a smaller 10' dutch oven and probably should be considered on the novice side since it has been a few years since we've done that. In the past, we have used dutch ovens on river trips to make lasagne/cakes/beans or other various dishes.

Let us know what you'd like us to bring.

Charlene

Old 06-16-2007, 11:26 AM   #30

Trailer: 2000 17 ft Widebody Burro
Quote:
Hi Mike and Lori,

We'll have a smaller 10' dutch oven ....
OK Charlene... I just can't resist... you'll have a smaller 10', as in 10-FOOT, dutch oven?

It's a good thing you and Dennis have a 17' WIDE BURRO (which Dennis described in a previous thread) to carry it in!

I sure hope Lori and Mike have lots of space at their site, and you better bring LOTS of charcoal!!!

Old 06-16-2007, 01:55 PM   #31

Trailer: 2001 Casita 17 ft Freedom Deluxe / 2006 Toyota Sienna
I would love to be part of your demonstration. I do not have a Dutch Oven (yet), but would like to be an on looker, if possible.

Thanks

Nancy Hamilton
Old 06-18-2007, 11:38 PM   #32

Trailer: Bigfoot 25 ft
Quote:
I would love to be part of your demonstration. I do not have a Dutch Oven (yet), but would like to be an on looker, if possible.
Thanks
Nancy Hamilton
Nancy,

Why don't I bring a Dutch Oven for you to use? I'll give you a recipe and you can bring the ingredients. It's more fun to get in a play than to watch.

Lori
Old 06-19-2007, 09:15 PM   #33

Trailer: 2001 Casita 17 ft Freedom Deluxe / 2006 Toyota Sienna
Quote:
Nancy,
Why don't I bring a Dutch Oven for you to use? I'll give you a recipe and you can bring the ingredients. It's more fun to get in a play than to watch.
Lori
Lori, that would be great!! What a generous offer. Please let me know an ingredients list, so I can be a real participant.

Nancy
Old 06-19-2007, 10:13 PM   #34

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Bath
Hi, all! If you haven't yet participated in a "Sanders Dutch-Oven Extravaganza" you don't know what you're missin', and we suggest you sign up right away.

Nancy - Lori was kind enuff to loan me one of their DO's last year, and I learned so much about the art of DO cooking ... go for it.

This year, we'll be among the spectators - wouldn't miss it. C-U-all next month LdB
Old 06-21-2007, 10:20 PM   #35

Quote:
Hi, all! If you haven't yet participated in a "Sanders Dutch-Oven Extravaganza" you don't know what you're missin', and we suggest you sign up right away.

Nancy - Lori was kind enuff to loan me one of their DO's last year, and I learned so much about the art of DO cooking ... go for it.

This year, we'll be among the spectators - wouldn't miss it. C-U-all next month LdB
Leslie,

You don't want to sit on the sidelines, do you? I'll bring you a dutch oven, too, if you want to play.
Old 06-24-2007, 11:21 AM   #36

Name: Mike
Time is getting short if you still want to sign up.

We still have some room.

Old 06-24-2007, 12:42 PM   #37

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Bath
Wow, Lori - thank you for offering one of your DO's and a spot ... I'm IN! Please sign me up! Just let us know what dish and an ingredient list and we'll be cookin'. Whoo-hoo, what fun - thanx again! y'all soon! L 'n D
Old 06-25-2007, 09:53 AM   #38

Quote:
Wow, Lori - thank you for offering one of your DO's and a spot ... I'm IN! Please sign me up! Just let us know what dish and an ingredient list and we'll be cookin'. Whoo-hoo, what fun - thanx again! y'all soon! L 'n D
We gotcha down, YEA!

Old 06-26-2007, 08:56 PM   #39

Trailer: 2000 17 ft Widebody Burro
Hi Mike and Lori --

I've just talked my husband, Bob, into joining us for the workshop... I've ordered a lid stand so that we can use the kitchen Dutch oven in addition to the 12" camp Dutch oven I just bought. He would like to make a vegetarian bean dish (to go with my cornbread), so if you have any recipe suggestions, let us know!

PS - Please don't tell him that I have ulterior motives.... I figured that once he learns how to cook with a Dutch oven, HE can be the chief cook when we are out camping!

Thanks!

Adonna & Bob Roelke
Old 06-28-2007, 12:26 PM   #40

Adonna & Bob Roelke

Lori, will be in touch with you soon.
Old 06-28-2007, 03:01 PM   #41

Trailer: 2002 Casita 17 ft
Quote:
The Dutch Oven workshop will be Saturday afternoon, starting at 2:00pm. We'll be discussing equipment, tools, fuel, tips and techniques, followed by a hands-on making of a separate recipe for each Dutch Oven. The food should be ready about 5:00, at which time we'll enjoy a sampling of all that you have cooked.

We will contact each of you who sign up to match you up with a recipe that fits your experience and interest. You'll bring your Dutch Oven, the ingredients for your recipe, some charcoal, and be ready to have a good time. If you don't have a Dutch Oven, and want to participate, you may be able to borrow one for the class.

Mike and Lori
We would like to participate. We have two---a 10" and a 12" but have never used them. Please let me know what to bring in addition.
Old 06-28-2007, 09:29 PM   #42

Quote:
We would like to participate. We have two---a 10" and a 12" but have never used them. Please let me know what to bring in addition.
Great, Got cha down.

Tags
2007 oregon gathering