Gathering Blog - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-23-2007, 01:01 AM   #21

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
Sad to say, most of the eggs are gone, and a few of us die hards with extra vacation time ( ) are all thats left.

I managed to sleep in today and pretty much do NOTHING but go for a pleasant little drive this morning along the Coquille River and then go get my children out of jail.. They didn't want to come with me.. the doggie hotel was so nice!

It DID rain this year.. but today was lovely, even a bit toasty.. with a slight drizzle this evening.. nothing to worry about or run from.. it didn't even put out my fire.

Tomorrow, most folks leave that are left. It will be sad to say goodbye, but next year will bring them all back.

Thanks to Bardy for bringing his treasure and for being a good sport about all the visitors. It was great to see his rig.

I will be here another day, leaving tuesday for points east and south. not looking forward to leaving my vacation paradise, but I will get to see some of the southern Oregon areas I am fond of and have been meaning to do more around than just whip through in the car. Will stop near Grants pass and figure it out from there.

Still looking for pictures! And grumping at myself for not taking more...
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 01:14 PM   #22

Trailer: Casita 16 ft 1984 and U-Haul CT13 1985
Registry
Bardy's grand entrance in his lovely Geographic

Click image for larger version

Name:	Bardy__sGeographic.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	48.4 KB
ID:	9046

Many thanks for sharing your gorgeously restored trailer with all of us!
Attached Thumbnails
Bardy__sGeographic2.jpg  
Jeanne and Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 02:43 PM   #23

Registry

It's so SAD!!!!

Everyone is gone and it's LONELY here. I took the pups for a walk and only counted a few pickets.. there is Karen and Buck next to me in their Casita, Ian and Paddy in their lovely Escape 5th wheel, Vivian and Joe in their Scamp 16, Suzanne and Jay in their Bigfoot 21.. and lowely me in my Burro 17. There are a couple others in areas I didn't walk.. swing by and say hello..

It really has got me depressed! These are all nice folks to be left with, but the shimmer of glass has faded, and the clank of aluminium and rustle of nylon are quickly filling the spaces and it's turning into a typical campground..

I move on tomorrow, back to the real world on yet an undecided route. I will get as far as Grants Pass.. but after that, its wanderlust until I have to be back to that most evil of all 4 letter words next Monday.

I have "camped" here longer in one sitting than I have in any other place.. I think they just put a mailbox up for me...it will be like leaving home.
Old 07-23-2007, 08:07 PM   #24

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
HI! Gina,
it was good to see you again and as usual you are a lot of fun, thanks for letting me through your passage to A loop for free
came home by going south to Hwy 199 to GP. than to Central Pt. had two other Casitas behind me until we stop for lunch south of Gold Beach, the views were great and so was the lunch.
You better stay at the coast as it was 90 in GP. and 93 in CP. and the same for a few days.
Had a great time and it was good to see everyone and can't wait for next year. Jay
Jay Herb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 09:03 PM   #25

Trailer: Burro 13 ft 1982
What, Gina gave the passage away for free? No wonder the bucket was empty. What kind of business woman are you Gina?

Ellen B.
BuzzardsBurro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 09:56 PM   #26

Registry
SHHHH!!! I am currently in Jays neighborhood. I am plotting to get him to fix my toilet for free!

Well, Bullards is a passed memory now. I made it out of there.. LAST! (Except for Karen and Buck who are staying another day)

I saw Ian and Paddy this morning.. they were on their way to Coos Bay with radiator issues to get fixed.. hope they made it OK!

Vivian and Joe were leaving as I was dumping my trash, so technically.. I followed them out.

I am now at my apparent refuge.. it's a tradition.. and several long stories, but I relaxed this afternoon in my lovely spot at Valley Of The Rogue State Park just a tad but south of Rogue River Oregon, just off I-5. (First time I have BEEN on I-5 this trip!)

Just for you, Jay.. it is slightly different than the last time you saw me here, but believe it or not.. It is the same space, by sheer co-inky dink.
Attached Thumbnails
vofrsp.jpg  
Old 07-25-2007, 12:09 AM   #27

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
Gina, I have some stop leak for auto radiators will that work for your toilet ???

Iam glad that you made it to the gathering and hope that you are enjoying your last night at your park thanks for the picture of your site, take care and have a safe trip home. Jay
Jay Herb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 08:10 AM   #28

Trailer: 1992 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
And... big hugs to Gina for all she did!!!
  • Gaining park permit for sound system
  • Gaining park permission to use ampitheater
  • Bringing a wonderful sound system for us to use
  • Setting up sound system each night
  • Being major go-fer girl
  • Always having a smile to share
  • Socializing with the whole camp
  • Always knowing what's going on
  • Letting me use her aircard
  • Keeping this blog during the event
  • Always adding humor to the situation
Nancy
Nancy in Oregon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 01:31 AM   #29

Trailer: Compact Jr 1972
Quote:
And... big hugs to Gina for all she did!!!
  • Gaining park permit for sound system
  • Gaining park permission to use ampitheater
  • Bringing a wonderful sound system for us to use
  • Setting up sound system each night
  • Being major go-fer girl
  • Always having a smile to share
  • Socializing with the whole camp
  • Always knowing what's going on
  • Letting me use her aircard
  • Keeping this blog during the event
  • Always adding humor to the situation
Nancy
Hooray for Gina!
Cory Hilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 11:39 PM   #30

Trailer: 19 ft 1992 Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Gina, you are awesome! The gathering was more enjoyable this year thanks to all of your efforts and Nancy still has her voice too. Thank you so much!
mike gillespie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 05:25 PM   #31

Registry
I did nothing special.. you guys are the ones that deserve the credit for the bulk of it all.. and afterwards too (Website is WAY cool.. thanks!)

I am at my desk at work, taking a little break..

can we do this again.. NEXT weekend?

Tags
2007 oregon gathering