Gathering Blog - Fiberglass RV

Old 07-17-2007, 10:58 AM   #1

Name: Gina D.
Trailer: '77 Leocraft 17 & Former Burro owner and fan!
West Coast USA
Registry
OK, I didn't BRING a webcam.. and this isn't just MY blog..

anyone in the park with broadband access.. help me give the blow by blows...

day two.. for me..it's raining!.. Do I care? No.. does any other egger care? No..My dogs seem to care.. sissy california dogs...the tenters across from me.. they seem to care..look... their tent is.. stuffed in thier car!.. how did THAT happen?

Time to mop up.. I am going to have "visitors", ovenite guests from Portland. THEY have a tent. I suspect tonite will be my first full house

I hope it gets a little drier.. this is not much rain.. a typical Oregon drizzle, but it's enough to get mud on the floors you are trying to keep clean for guests, and fur all kinda sticky (On my dog Sticky..) and stinky.. Oy...

Old 07-17-2007, 07:27 PM   #2

West Coast USA
Registry
There are LOTS of new trailers today... but no one is in them All out enjoying the coast, no doubt! I cleaned and Donna has been pushing her bike around while I have been walking my little girl.

I took one of my male hellion to the nice kennel across the way.. he has better accommodation's than any of us here do! to Jeanne for the recommendation.. they let me give them the full inspection, they are nice and the place is one of the nicestest doggie hotels I have ever seen..

The real estate ain't bad either LOL! (It has a river view.. thus.. it's name..)

Anyways and hoo.. the weather is holding.. grey, Oregon and pleasant!

My guests have not arrived yet.. I am gonna have to go for another round of "Who showed up now?".

Old 07-17-2007, 09:11 PM   #3

Trailer: Burro 13 ft 1982
It's raining down here in California right now but rain or shine we pull out for Bandon in the morning. Almost ready to go but boy am I tired. Going to hit the sack early tonight.

Gina- I hear my dad (Bob Webb) showed up this afternoon. I guess he is across from Donna for tonight and then will move to his reserved spot tomorrow. He called me earlier and mention he had seen walking your baby.

Wish we were already at Bullards. I am excited to see everyone and would just like to be settled in and sit back and relax. I have been on the go for what seems like days getting ready for this trip. Well, better get back to getting ready or we will never pull out in the morning.

See everyone tomorrow-

Ellen & Berry
Old 07-17-2007, 10:08 PM   #4

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
The weather man on 12 said some rain on Wednesday than drying out and the temps on the rise, 96 in Medford area by next Tuesday so hang on we will have good weather

We will be leaving in the AM going to Cape Blanco one night than on to Bullards on Thursday.
Old 07-18-2007, 11:58 AM   #5

Name: Linda and Dale and Dallas the cat
Trailer: 1984 Fiber Stream
California
Okay, I will start our trip blog. We are leaving within the hour to start our trip to Bullard. It is raining hard and the cat knows something big is going on because I keep finding him in strange places like the laundry basket. Our list of things to remember is so long I doubt that we will get everything. With this rain we are having to rethink all of the clothes and coats.

We should pull into Bullard by 5 tonight. Plenty of time to see the campsite in the daylight and walk around to see where everything and everyone is. Time to load the computer so we can stay in touch when we get there.
Old 07-18-2007, 02:12 PM   #6

Trailer: 1992 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
I pulled into the campground at 5 PM yesterday. I had an audience while attempting to back into my campsite. But I had lots of help setting up which was wonderful.

Eric and Lorn provided a wonderful rib dinner last night. (Yummy!) This morning I had tea with Donna D., Joy and Jacquie and then breakfast in Bandon with Lou. Now I'm at the local interenet cafe working. (Can you see how hard I'm working? )

This afternoon available volunteers will be putting packets together, assembling name tags and pickets and putting up the registration tent.

Today is partly sunny but warm - low 70s. It's perfect Oregon coastal weather. The clouds are supposed to clear out by tomorrow. There are lots of little fiberglass trailers here already. It's so exciting!

I'll try to get online tomorrow and write more.

Nancy
Old 07-18-2007, 06:50 PM   #7

California
We pulled into Bullard about 4 today. It was raining so hard when we left Albany but as we drove over the coastal range the blue sky started to show. When we arrived to greetings for those already here, it was 74 and blue sky everywhere. Sunshine. Wonderful, now I feel like I'm on vacation. There must be about 30 eggs here. Sign said the park was full but registration was easy since we had our paper work ready like Nancy had encouraged. We haven't seen Nancy yet since she has been working so hard. We are now all set up and ready to meet new friends and greet old ones. Time to go for a stroll and see who else is here.
Old 07-19-2007, 01:55 AM   #8

West Coast USA
Registry
Well, my friends arrived last nite, and I was busy being hostess with them for the evening, so I missed most of the fun over in the chosen land.

Today, I left them to their own devices (And trusted them NOT to wreck my toilet...sigh) went over to the doggie hotel and visted with my male and walked him and played a bit..and wandered a bit in A loop. Found my walking buddy Buddy and he and my female walked me around for awhile.

I helped supervise the package stuffing (Translate...did absolutely nothing but watch) and watched as many many new trailers pulled up. Most of A loop is fulled with glass now, and B loop is still dominated by busses and motorhomes.. they will be kicked out tomorrow

I finally got my crabs and we had a big crab feed in my site. I am paying for it now tho.. even the dog moved to the other side of the trailer in disgust.. (She will get over it..)

Hoping to see the lighthouse tomorrow. I don't think it really exists.. never seen it.. or maybe Disney moves it in for the weekend to trick folks.. it goes back in the prop library after everyone leaves.
Old 07-19-2007, 02:24 AM   #9

West Coast USA
Registry
Oh yeah! MY big news..

I stumbled onto the triple secret shortcut passage from B loop to A loop.. For a small fee, I have maps for those as lazy as me..

BUT.. you have to get permission and answer "these questions three" (What is your name? What is your quest? What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen Sparrow?) of Ellen & Berry, and Chris a Phylls as you sort of have to sneak thru thier sites

Chris only charged a quarter the first time.. quantity discounts were discussed...

Mike.. can you get online?
Old 07-19-2007, 02:49 PM   #10

California
Well, it rained pretty hard last night after everyone went to bed and stoped before everyone woke. Its now sunny and just enough wind to not let it get too hot. The guys are out with their crab traps to see if they can get anything and registration opens in an hour so shortly we will be able to know who we are. Name tags instead of just saying Hi, hows it going. Now we can put names on the site to faces. I will be helping at the registration table today so say hi if you are checking in today. A loop sure is nice, Gina. We even have room for a horseshoe court in our space.
Old 07-19-2007, 05:24 PM   #11

Trailer: Bigfoot 25 ft
We got to the Gathering on Tuesday this year, much better than pulling in on Friday. We've had time to ride our bikes around and visit. put up our new Fiamma screen room (with lots of help from Gene and Jack and Martin). We will enjoy the mosquito free place to visit in the evening and we are open to card or board games, too. Nice to be out of the rain.

We'll be getting ready for the Dutch Oven workshop on Saturday.

And, yes, Gina, Mike can get online at A60. Verizon seems to be the right choice of carrier here.

Lori
Old 07-19-2007, 11:01 PM   #12

California
Well the beer exchange is over and it was fun. I think I traded over 15 times starting with my original six beer. First this one looked good and then someone would come with another one and I'd trade for that. I went home with six totally differnt beers, most I had never heard of. It was fun. And there are so many trailers here. Over 80 or 85 already here for the weekend. And for those who were concerned. No crabs where caught. But there is always tomorrow.
Old 07-20-2007, 01:21 AM   #13

West Coast USA
Registry
I caught my crabs at the crab shack at the center of the port ATe both of them too... (We need a PIG smiley!)

We DID see this lighthouse.. but it was in scaffolding.. I think Disney had just landed it and didn't have time to remove it yet. I am sure tomorrow it wll be set up completely and *appear* to have been there for years.. I am not so easily fooled, however.

I also met Linda's cat. It squeaked at me. I think that meant he liked me, but it could also translate into.. "You didn't bring that noisy dog, did you?"

I seem to have some weird beer here too.. I think I only did a couple triple trades, and Tom Trostel was just GIVING his away.. Tom wins :-P

We have LOTS of Non Scamps/Casistas here this year.. a couple CIIs and several Jrs, lots of Burros and the Bolers and Pacers are starting to show up now too.

Ken And Chris.. where ARE you????
Old 07-20-2007, 08:33 AM   #14

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Send a message via AIM to Ken&Chris
>Ken And Chris.. where ARE you?

We had to cancel last minute. I am loving reading the blog. Everyone have a great time. We look forward to seeing everyone at Lake Casitas , Ken

Tags
2007 oregon gathering