Golf Ball Horseshoe contest - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-10-2009, 09:45 AM   #1

Trailer: 2001 13 ft Scamp / 1993 Jeep Cherokee
Hi folks, I'm going to organize a Golf Ball Horseshoe contest. It a game where you toss two golf balls strung together at what looks like a ladder. You get points for each set of golf balls that stays wrapped around a rung.

When: Thursday afternoon at 1:00pm finishing about 3:00pm or so.

Signup: Site A26 before 11:00am Thursday
Site A12 between 11:00am and Noon

Contestants: Will be limited to 16. It'll take each pair of contestants about 15 minutes to compete. I'll have two sets of the game. So I figure it'll take 1 hour to pare down from 16 to 8, then 1/2 hour to 4, then 15min. to 2 the finalist for the final 15 minutes. So that's about 2 hours if everyone keep the games on schedule.

Format: A bracket type format with pairings randomly drawn. Should we not have an even number of contestants, "Buys" will be drawn and assigned randomly. Each contestant should be prepared to play for possibly a couple of hours because if you win you will then process forward to complete again until we have the 2 Finalist who will vie for the title of "Golf Ball Horseshoe Champion"

Flyers: Flyers advising and reminding people will be passed out to Gathering attendees throughout the week preceeding the Thursday competition. Once you decide to complete you must signup. Remember the field is limited to 16. Don't rely on the flyer if you want to play, just come by site above sites at the designated time and sign up.

I think that's it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	115_1559.JPG
Views:	61
Size:	84.9 KB
ID:	20074
Attached Thumbnails
115_1539.JPG  
2019 Ram Longhorn
Joy A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 11:02 PM   #2

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Bath
Oh, this sounds like SOOOO much fun! We will surely miss seeing you, Joy, and everyone at Bullard's this year. L 'n D
Old 05-10-2009, 11:34 PM   #3

L & D,

We'll miss you too.

For those that don't know......that's not me in the picture tossing the golf balls.
2019 Ram Longhorn
Old 05-19-2009, 07:19 PM   #4

Trailer: 2005 13 ft Scamp / 2004 Honda Odyssey
Fred wants in. I'll probably be the support team, unless you don't fill up.

Still looking forward to geocache outing. Wonder if we could find some up in Charleston, don't you know of a place to eat there? I'll want to go see the seals too.

Hum. Maybe we should have a geocache competition too. Maybe we could have a cache in the park for the fiberglass folks? Have to think on this.

Nancy

Nancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 06:31 AM   #5

Hey Nancy,

A project for you.....Geocache in the park. We could add some little trinkets that the first few people findng it could take. How about some little excess RV items. Or, maybe a little bag of rivets, buttons, who knows what else.

There's a restaurant in Charleston that I haven't been to for some years, it was very good, can't remember the name. We'll find something. I know there is a great place in Charleston to great fresh fish/smoked salmon...my favorite. I found 23 geocaches in and near Charleston.
2019 Ram Longhorn
Old 06-04-2009, 08:15 AM   #6

Trailer: 1992 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
I think that's a great idea. It will need to be handled by someone other than me though. Anyone up to doing a Geocashe activity? Write me if you are.

ORGathering[at]watsonmountain.com

Nancy
Nancy in Oregon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 04:59 PM   #7

Nancy in Oregon,

I was responding to Nancy from Minnesota, thinking they might like to do a Geocache when they get out here.

I know you have your hands full.

Of course, someone else to volunteer for the Geocache.
2019 Ram Longhorn
Old 06-07-2009, 03:11 PM   #8

Trailer: 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe 2005 / 2007 GMC Sierra Classic Dual Cab Pickup ('The Little Saints')
Send a message via AIM to Mary Ellen St. Louis
Joy, Mel might be interested in this. He has played it before. Mary Ellen
Mary Ellen St. Louis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 03:13 PM   #9

Trailer: 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe 2005 / 2007 GMC Sierra Classic Dual Cab Pickup ('The Little Saints')
Send a message via AIM to Mary Ellen St. Louis
Quote:
I think that's a great idea. It will need to be handled by someone other than me though. Anyone up to doing a Geocashe activity? Write me if you are.

ORGathering[at]watsonmountain.com

Nancy
This may sound dumb but what is Geocashe?????? Mary Ellen St. Louis
Mary Ellen St. Louis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 05:49 PM   #10

Basically it's a worldwide Treasure Hunt using your GPS, handheld, to find the caches.

"Geo" geographic "cache" location of something hidden. People hide things, it could be a prize to take, simply a log book to enter that you found it or just about anything someone whats to hide. There are sites where people enter the GPS coordinates of their cache, assign a name and number.

Then, people who are interested in Geocaching with their GPS go to the sites and find geocache's in a particular area. Here's the offical Geocaching site: http://www.geocaching.com/

I happen to have a Garmin GPS and on the Garmin site there is a section for Geocaching. Here's the link:
https://my.garmin.com/mygarmin/customers/ju.../geocaching.htm Both sites basically have the same caches but the page format is slightly different. I use both sites when I want to print out the caches in a particular area, such as Bandon. The printouts I have from Bullards to just south of Bandon have identified 29 caches in the area.
2019 Ram Longhorn

Tags
2009 oregon gathering