Heater? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-22-2008, 09:09 PM   #1

Trailer: 1998 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe / Red F150 X-Cab
Being that we plan to be on the road at least three weeks and maybe more, I'm trying not to bring anything I don't absolutely need. About two of those weeks will be spent in OR and WA. Should I pack the little space heater? Does it get cold enough to need it? Getting excited!
Lisa M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 09:38 PM   #2

Trailer: Scamp
Registry
This a difficult question. For us that live in this area I doubt we'd need a heater. I reminded of a trip to Disney Land where it finally cooled off enough in the evening that I was comfortable in shorts and tank top. One worker put on a fleece lined coat and still looked like he was cold. I know you're a bit north of there, but still might want to find space for that heater. It's better to have and not use it than to be cold.

Last year at Bullards Beach my furnace came on at least once during the night. The thermostat was set to 50°F.

Old 06-22-2008, 10:11 PM   #3

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
Take it. Anything can happen in the Northwest.

Since it is a bit toasty in Hanford right now.. you may feel a chill in the most pleasant Oregon weather when the rest don't.
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 10:55 PM   #4

Trailer: 2006 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
To make sure that your trip isn't miserable, find a place for the heater because a fog can cool the night down real fast or a rain can put a dampness into you that only a good heater can take the chill away.
Linda R002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 11:42 PM   #5

Trailer: Bigfoot 25 ft / Dodge 3500HD 4X4 Jake Brake
Lisa. You have a Heat Strip in your A/C right? That should be enough.
Bigfoot Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 03:35 PM   #6

Trailer: 1998 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe / Red F150 X-Cab
Okay, you've convinced me, I'll find room for the space heater. The propane one is too loud (plus I'm already paying for the electric, might as well use it!). Not sure what a heat strip is, Mike. That's in the newer ones, isn't it? Not even sure what it looks like! Come to think of it, there is a heat control on the AC. Hmmm....kind of always wondered why it's there....what else does this newbie not know?????

Today I found someone I trust to house sit for me all 3+ weeks--yeah!!!! I wasn't near as worried about the lawn and flower beds as I was about my doggies shut outside day and night! They're used to sleeping on the bed! And 107 is a little hot to be outside--even with shade and a pool!
Lisa M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 11:43 PM   #7

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Yes, Lisa, the little heater thingy on the A/C is what Mike is referring to........ . I am with him, that should be enough. I would say, on a cool night go a test it. But you guys are getting hit with heat. So test driving the heater control/ heat strip might not be a fun thing in your area, ......... Might want to wait to run it when you find some cool weather. Robin
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2008 oregon gathering