July 14-17, 2011 Oregon Gathering - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-14-2010, 11:59 AM   #1

Trailer: 1992 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
July 14-17, 2011 Oregon Gathering

2011 (8th Annual) Oregon Gathering

July 14-17, 2011

Bullard's Beach State Park, Bandon, Oregon

All brands of molded fiberglass trailers are welcome!

Get-Togethers will happen in Loop A (but grab a site in any loop)
Activities will be located behind Sites A-11 & A-12

Two Steps to Signing Up for the Gathering:

1. Make Campground Reservations by going here: ReserveAmerica
or call 1-800-452-5687 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 1-800-452-5687 end_of_the_skype_highlighting or 1-800-452-5687 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 1-800-452-5687 end_of_the_skype_highlighting

IMPORTANT NOTE: You can only make a reservation 9 months (to the date) before your reservation begins. So, if you want to arrive on July 14th, then you must wait until October 14th to make that reservation. Otherwise it will say the park is full.

2. After you have reserved a site, please go here to actually sign up for the Gathering.

You must fill out and send this sign-up form or we won't know you're going to attend.

Oregon Gathering Sign-Up Form

To view the campground map, people who are signed up and see pictures of the individual sites, click here:
CasitaForum Park Map

Go here to view the campground:
Bullard's Beach State Park

Go here to see information about Bandon, OR:
Welcome to Bandon Oregon & Bandon Chamber of Commerce

Go here to see pictures of past Oregon Gatherings:
Oregon Gathering Photos

Note this Important Change: After you reserve a site AND sign up for the Gathering. (Note: You need to do BOTH.) Please participate in the planning of the Gathering by going to this site: Oregon Gathering on the Casita Forum.

You can write Ellen (at this address: ellen[at]hytcorp.com ) with any questions you may have.

Unfortunately, I (the originator and organizer of the event) will only attend on Saturday this year. We have a family wedding during that time.

Nancy
Nancy in Oregon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 05:16 AM   #2

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
There's postings on CasitaForum about the dutch oven workshop and other workshops and demos! 138 days to go!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 01:45 PM   #3
Commercial Member

Trailer: We have had all the brands at least once.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
There's postings on CasitaForum about the dutch oven workshop and other workshops and demos! 138 days to go!
We are signing up right now, and looking forward to another great Dutch Oven cooking workshop!
Deb & Chuck
Deb & Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 10:09 AM   #4

Did you guys notice a Bonair Oxygen is coming to the Oregon Gathering? Look Who's Coming (Adults) - Casita Travel Trailer Forum - Page 2

I've never seen one in person. Too coooool!
Old 05-04-2011, 08:00 AM   #5

Trailer: 1973 13 ft Compact II
Thanks to the little FAIRY (either Nancy, Ellen or Donna) who was able to change Barbara and Bill with a 17' Casita INTO the CURRENT NEW OCUPANTS of Site A-35:

Barbara and Stephen
13' 1973 Compact II

We can't wait for our summer vacation, nestled together with all the TINY EGGIES!!
bbuehler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 06:30 PM   #6

Name: Lise
Trailer: 1984 Fiber Stream
Washington
Registry
HELP! A while back I reserved space B19 for the 13th through the 20th but as a novice I didn't notice it is a 50 Amp site. I don't know the difference between a 30 Amp site and a 50 Amp site, did I mess up or is it 2 switches one 20A and one 30A that can be used to set either the 30A or both switches for 50A.
I have a friend meeting me from the Bay Area for these dates and the park is full and I am so looking forward.
lalise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 07:55 PM   #7

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
You have a choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalise View Post
HELP! I don't know the difference between a 30 Amp site and a 50 Amp site, did I mess up...
No, you're OK. A campsite with electric service will be identified with the highest amperage available, assuming that the other sizes are also available. You will find 3 separate outlets, each with a separate circuit breaker. 1 Big 50 amp outlet, 1 medium size 30 amp outlet, and a small duplex outlet of either 15 or 20 amps, that is more familiar at your home. You only need to select the outlet which will mate with your trailer's plug.
Old 06-11-2011, 09:46 PM   #8

Name: Lise
Trailer: 1984 Fiber Stream
Washington
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frederick L. Simson View Post
No, you're OK. A campsite with electric service will be identified with the highest amperage available, assuming that the other sizes are also available. You will find 3 separate outlets, each with a separate circuit breaker. 1 Big 50 amp outlet, 1 medium size 30 amp outlet, and a small duplex outlet of either 15 or 20 amps, that is more familiar at your home. You only need to select the outlet which will mate with your trailer's plug.
Thank you so much, what a relief! Looking forward to meeting you at the gathering.
lalise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 07:27 AM   #9

Is there a LISTING of SEMINARS for Bandon?

I've seen Jacquie's annual jewelry making seminar, the wonderful Kids rock painting etc seminar,Eric's phot workshop, but haven't seen the usual ones posted such as:

- wheel bearing packing
- Newbie stuff
- solar installation
- pergo flooring installation

These were all wonderful and fun to look forward to going to and learning MORE STUFF we can do ourselves.
Is anybody out there volunteering this year to do these or others like it?
PLEASE?!!!!! We LOVE the seminars!
BB
Old 06-26-2011, 09:11 AM   #10

Registry
Seminars Friday, July 15, 2011

Aftermarket Air Conditioner Installation with Bill Effinger
  • 10:00-10:45AM
  • site #A46
  • bring your chair.

Reflexology with Laureen MacDonald
  • 1:30-2:30PM
  • Site #B-43
  • bring: camp chairs, fingernail clippers and a nail file to do any last minute manicures

The Joys of Jewelry! with Jacquie G
  • 10:00AM
  • Meeting Hall Yurt
  • Reservations and $20 Advance Kit Cost Required

Photography with Eric P
  • 2:30-4:30PM
  • Site #B16
  • Bring a folding chair and up to 5 images to share

PHOTO CONTEST
  • Submit Entries by 9 a.m. Saturday morning
  • Site #B16
  • Must be on 5x7 (or largest 8x10) print
  • 1 photo of each Category: pets, people, landscape and humor
  • On the back of the print, put your name, the location of the image and your site number.
  • Winners get wine and chocolate!
Old 06-26-2011, 09:20 AM   #11

Registry
Kids Activities!

Rock/egg painting class with Lynn and Teresa Jeche
  • 10:00AM
  • site #A-31
  • Rocks, Paint and paint brushes, Hard boiled eggs, Sharpie markers provided Free
  • You can also bring your own supplies, or a special rock (or egg)

Foam visor "Make and Take" with Lynn and Teresa Jeche
  • 1:30PM
  • site #A31
  • Foam visors, Puffy paint, Stick-on decals provided
  • You can also bring your own supplies, or any other hat you'd like to decorate.
Old 06-26-2011, 09:56 AM   #12

Thanks, Frederick, BUT Darn...

I was hoping there would be more than just 1 actual trailer related seminar (after market AC installation).
Hopefully, this will prompt those others (FULL of the KNOW HOWS) to respond and post their seminar.
I am so grateful to learn more of modifying and fixing stuff from 'da big guys!BB
Old 06-26-2011, 10:18 AM   #13

Registry
Post Merritt Lavender Farm Tour

Merritt Lavender Farm
87450 McTimmons Lane
Bandon, Oregon

Special Tour for The Oregon Gathering
  • Saturday, July 16, 2011
  • 11:00AM at the farm
  • McTimmons Lane is about 6 miles South of Bandon on Highway 101
Attached Thumbnails
Lavender Farm Tour Flyer.JPG  
Old 06-26-2011, 10:55 AM   #14

That will be FUN...

Maybe we could do a GARDEN TOUR...if anybody knows any folks with nice gardens in the Bandon immediate vicinity, please let me know.
I'll be happy to call them and see if I can arrange a garden tour for sometime on Friday.
A lot of us little EGGIE PEOPLE are phenominal gardeners and would love this. I'm so thrilled that the Lavendar Farm is first up on the TOUR of Gardens.
BB
Feel free to email me directly with names/phone numbers of garden possibilities in Bandon and I will be happy to call them.

Vickie Hagen: If you are reading this post, could you and Chuck refresh my memory of the cute gardens we toured and bought some plants from two or three years ago!!!! I'll get them for the tour! What fun...ideas are starting to happen.

Barbara Buehler (AKA: gardencoach@live.com )
503-312-5665
Old 06-26-2011, 03:07 PM   #15

Trailer: 1992 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Barbara, you need to go to where the Gathering is being planned and not post here because it won't get to everyone. People have to volunteer to do a demo or workshop. We've sent out emails and asked the website but no one is stepping forward. Please go here to post your request: Oregon Gathering
Nancy in Oregon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 07:59 PM   #16

Schedule Soon to be Announced: GARDEN Tour of Bandon's premier show spots

In a day or two, I will be posting another WONDERFUL EVENT, specifically planned for our upcoming Bandon EGGIE MEET.

We already have received notice of theMerritt Farm Lavender Farm tour, set for for Friday, @11AM.

Since then, I have gotten together with the Weed'em Feed'em Garden Club and will be announcing more garden tours & plant buying opportunities for our EGGIE GROUP on Friday the 15th and/or Saturday the 16th.

Keep checking this site. Also feel free to give me an email for an update on this event.

503-312-5665
Old 07-01-2011, 12:06 PM   #17

Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbuehler View Post
In a day or two, I will be posting another WONDERFUL EVENT, specifically planned for our upcoming Bandon EGGIE MEET.

We already have received notice of theMerritt Farm Lavender Farm tour, set for for Friday, @11AM.

Since then, I have gotten together with the Weed'em Feed'em Garden Club and will be announcing more garden tours & plant buying opportunities for our EGGIE GROUP on Friday the 15th and/or Saturday the 16th.

Keep checking this site. Also feel free to give me an email for an update on this event.

503-312-5665
Any 'Green Thumbers' in The Vancouver B.C area, there is also (this weekend, I believe) and Garden Tour, but I have no other details at this time....
Doug Mager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 10:23 AM   #18

Name: debbiejo
Trailer: Scamp
Washington
Are Bigfoot campers welcome?My wife and I are thinking bout takeing my mom down there.She is intrested in fiberglass trailer and would like to see more up close.
debbiejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 10:30 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by debbiejo View Post
Are Bigfoot campers welcome?My wife and I are thinking bout takeing my mom down there.She is intrested in fiberglass trailer and would like to see more up close.
Of course you'd be welcome! We've had tenters, Yurt renters, truck campers and stickie owners come, they all wanted to see what the "fuss" was all about when it came to these GREAT molded fiberglass trailers.
Old 07-04-2011, 09:51 AM   #20

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Freedom Deluxe 1998
If anyone would like to attend the Oregon Gathering, it's still not too late. Although the Bullard's Beach Campground is now full we do have three of our OG campers who have had to cancel their plans to attend the Gathering. If you would like to take over their campsites please go to the Cancellations and Looking for a Site thread over at Casita Forum and go to the last post to see what's available.

Cancellations & Looking for a Site - Casita Travel Trailer Forum - Page 4

If you decide to take a site, please go the the Oregon Gathering discussion page and fill out an online registration otherwise we won't know you're attending.

Hope to see you there!
Ellen
Bret Tresidder is offline   Reply With Quote