July 2013 Oregon Gathering---Reserve the Date! (7/18-21) - Page 9 - Fiberglass RV

Old 07-13-2013, 11:04 AM   #113

Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teresa J View Post
We need your best ideas, folks, for our Friday night welcome---the people who were going to bring the sound system for us to use may not be able to make it until late that night (too late for us to use at the welcome party)...I do have a megaphone that is pretty powerful, but it won't have the coverage/clarity for the large area that our crowd occupies...anyone have any helpful suggestions? Anyway, we'll figure something out, and I know we'll have a great time (some people who are already there are having a great time already)! Safe travels, everyone---see you next week!
Teresa, were abouts are the folks that have the system? Perhaps one of us could pick it up from them on our way.

Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 02:03 PM   #114

Name: Loyce
Trailer: Hunter 1
Oregon
Registry
Long drive, no place to stay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwcolby54 View Post
Yea, a bit of a jog. I am not certain yet I will in fact be in Oregon but I'm told it's a high probability. I figure I will just come down for that Saturday. I won't have a place to stay since I won't have my trailer so I will just go back Saturday night...
Hi John, it's a long 4+ hour drive from Beaverton to Bullard's Beach. I could throw a small tent, airbed and sleeping bag into the trailer if you think you would like to spend the night. We live west of Beaverton and will be going down on Thurs. We can offer you a corner the campsite as it's just me, my husband, our small Compact trailer and 2 middle size dogs.

Happy Trails
Loyce

Old 07-13-2013, 02:12 PM   #115

Name: asdf
Trailer: asdf
Alabama
You are most kind. I will discover whether (and when) I will be flying out sometime this week. If I am going to make it I would love to take you up on your offer.

I have recently purchased a used 2009 Scamp 16 which I have not even picked up yet. I am soooo antsy to get a hold of my own TT and start making her mine. A little time with like minded folks will help I think.
Old 07-13-2013, 03:17 PM   #116

Name: Loyce
Trailer: Hunter 1
Oregon
Registry
Long trip and a place to stay

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwcolby54 View Post
You are most kind. I will discover whether (and when) I will be flying out sometime this week. If I am going to make it I would love to take you up on your offer.

I have recently purchased a used 2009 Scamp 16 which I have not even picked up yet. I am soooo antsy to get a hold of my own TT and start making her mine. A little time with like minded folks will help I think.
Hey John, I sent you a pm with my contact info. Give a holler when you know your plans.
Old 07-13-2013, 07:10 PM   #117

Trailer: 1972 TrailMite 13 ft
John, we hope you can make it! Loyce, that is a great idea---I read your posts to Lynn and he said "that's the kind of people we have at the Gathering"---so generous and willing to help. Let us know if anything else is needed---just stop by A-12---we always have extra food, dishes, towels, pillows, etc..
Old 07-14-2013, 07:29 AM   #118

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Blast off in 2-1/2 hours. Weather doesn't get much better than this!
Click image for larger version

Name:	BandonWeather.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	145.8 KB
ID:	61847

Safe travels everyone!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 08:25 AM   #119

Name: B
Trailer: 1973 13 ft Compact II
Oregon
Volunteering

Teresa,
If you still have a need for femaling (the opposite of manning) the registration table, I can do the Thursday shift. Was it Noon until 2PM?Just let me know...by a response here on the thread. I'm having issues with my password being reset and might not receive your reply, unless posted here.
Looking forward to seeing everyone!
Barbara
Old 07-16-2013, 09:53 AM   #120

Name: Jack L
Trailer: Bigfoot B-17 CB
Washington
I'll be there next year.

This event sounds like a good one. Making a reservation early is a very good idea. When the 2014 schedule comes out I'm making a reservation early as possible. Those of you that are attending Have fun !
Old 07-18-2013, 10:56 PM   #121

Name: Dan
Trailer: 2017 Bigfoot 25B25RQ
California
Ladderball Tournament

A few shots from the Ladder Ball Tourney today:

Attached Thumbnails
ladder_ball-008.jpg   ladder_ball-022.jpg  

ladder_ball-030.jpg   ladder_ball-045.jpg  

Old 07-21-2013, 07:14 PM   #122

Name: jim
Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape19 Prairie Schooner pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Come on you guys, what did you think of the Escape 21', I heard it was going to be there this weekend? You guys are my eyes and ears.........
Old 07-21-2013, 07:54 PM   #123

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Jim, their having to much fun to comment yet!
Old 07-21-2013, 07:55 PM   #124

Name: jim
Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape19 Prairie Schooner pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
I thought Donna had a computer with her 24/7!!!!
Old 07-22-2013, 12:11 AM   #125

Name: Peter
Trailer: 2005 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Oregon
Registry
Minor mishaps on the way home: Thanks to those who stopped & helped

Well, Lynne and I had an adventurous drive home.

First, something innocent. Not long after we left Bullards and headed north toward Coos Bay, we looked at the gas gauge and started worrying that we didn't have enough to make it into town for fuel. Rather than potentially run out of gas with the trailer on a narrow section of road in the rolling hills, we opted to drop the trailer off and drive the truck solo into town. It took 18.5 gallons to fill our 19 gallon tank, so we *might* have made it in if we'd pulled the trailer, or we might have run the tank dry on a hill.

Thanks to all of you who stopped and offered help while we un-hitched, and, for those of you who wondered why there was an abandoned Scamp 5th wheel a few miles north of Bullard's Beach for a short while: well, now you know.

The real fireworks went off as we hit the outskirts of Salem, where we had a blow out, the passenger side rear wheel of our pickup shredded. We came to a nice, controlled stop in the wide emergency lane just before Commercial Street in Salem. It took some time, but we got the spare on, then slowly drove up Commercial Street to find the first gas station where we could get some more air in our spare.

A big thanks to Dave and Kathie Newlyn for stopping, offering help, and giving us a phone number if we needed additional assistance.

From there it was smooth sailing to Vancouver, WA. Despite these two delays, we did get home in time for a slightly delayed (45 minutes) dinner with visiting family from out-of-town.

So, now we're home and fed. The ending for the weekend was unusually eventful, but otherwise we had a great time, and everything worked out in the end.

Happy Trails!

--Peter (& Lynne)
Old 07-22-2013, 01:26 AM   #126

Trailer: 1972 TrailMite 13 ft
Yikes! Your trip home was WAY WORSE than my getting flipped off by a nasty man in a sports car just because I was changing lanes while trying to get out of his way on I-5 (several times, as it happens, as he whipped around from lane to lane on the freeway)...I was just frustrated that the truck, towing Iggy, couldn't catch him...Anyway, I am glad you made it home safely, and that several of our wonderful Oregon Gathering folks stopped to offer help. It was a very fun OG and we sure hope we make it back next year!