July 2013 Oregon Gathering---Reserve the Date! (7/18-21) - Page 7 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive) > Oregon Gatherings
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-18-2013, 09:56 PM   #121

Name: Dan
Trailer: 2017 Bigfoot 25B25RQ
California
Ladderball Tournament

A few shots from the Ladder Ball Tourney today:

Attached Thumbnails
ladder_ball-008.jpg   ladder_ball-022.jpg  

ladder_ball-030.jpg   ladder_ball-045.jpg  

DeadEyeDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 06:14 PM   #122

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Come on you guys, what did you think of the Escape 21', I heard it was going to be there this weekend? You guys are my eyes and ears.........
Old 07-21-2013, 06:54 PM   #123

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Jim, their having to much fun to comment yet!
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 06:55 PM   #124

Pennsylvania
Registry
I thought Donna had a computer with her 24/7!!!!
Old 07-21-2013, 11:11 PM   #125

Trailer: 2005 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Registry
Minor mishaps on the way home: Thanks to those who stopped & helped

Well, Lynne and I had an adventurous drive home.

First, something innocent. Not long after we left Bullards and headed north toward Coos Bay, we looked at the gas gauge and started worrying that we didn't have enough to make it into town for fuel. Rather than potentially run out of gas with the trailer on a narrow section of road in the rolling hills, we opted to drop the trailer off and drive the truck solo into town. It took 18.5 gallons to fill our 19 gallon tank, so we *might* have made it in if we'd pulled the trailer, or we might have run the tank dry on a hill.

Thanks to all of you who stopped and offered help while we un-hitched, and, for those of you who wondered why there was an abandoned Scamp 5th wheel a few miles north of Bullard's Beach for a short while: well, now you know.

The real fireworks went off as we hit the outskirts of Salem, where we had a blow out, the passenger side rear wheel of our pickup shredded. We came to a nice, controlled stop in the wide emergency lane just before Commercial Street in Salem. It took some time, but we got the spare on, then slowly drove up Commercial Street to find the first gas station where we could get some more air in our spare.

A big thanks to Dave and Kathie Newlyn for stopping, offering help, and giving us a phone number if we needed additional assistance.

From there it was smooth sailing to Vancouver, WA. Despite these two delays, we did get home in time for a slightly delayed (45 minutes) dinner with visiting family from out-of-town.

So, now we're home and fed. The ending for the weekend was unusually eventful, but otherwise we had a great time, and everything worked out in the end.

Happy Trails!

--Peter (& Lynne)
peterh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 12:26 AM   #126

Trailer: 1972 TrailMite 13 ft
Yikes! Your trip home was WAY WORSE than my getting flipped off by a nasty man in a sports car just because I was changing lanes while trying to get out of his way on I-5 (several times, as it happens, as he whipped around from lane to lane on the freeway)...I was just frustrated that the truck, towing Iggy, couldn't catch him...Anyway, I am glad you made it home safely, and that several of our wonderful Oregon Gathering folks stopped to offer help. It was a very fun OG and we sure hope we make it back next year!
Teresa J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 09:57 AM   #127

Pennsylvania
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Come on you guys, what did you think of the Escape 21', I heard it was going to be there this weekend? You guys are my eyes and ears.........
Thought I would ask again........anyone home yet?
Old 07-22-2013, 11:09 AM   #128

Trailer: Bigfoot 17 ft Gaucho
Photos from the 2013 Oregon Gathering:
Click on Slide Show (upper right)
Speed control (upper left)
Oregon Gathering 2013 - ericpa3's Photos
Ericpa3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 05:11 PM   #129

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Hi Jim I just got home about an hour ago. WHAT FUN, FUN, FUN!!!! Oh my stars. Thanks to Teresa and Chris (Lyn & Dan too!) and the volunteers and the folks who ran the workshops and Gene (webmaster at CasitaForum) and.... well EVERYONE! I made a ton of memories and bunch of new friends, reconnected with old friends and have the gathering circled on my calendar for 2014.

Hugs to all!!!!!!!!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 05:14 PM   #130

Pennsylvania
Registry
Glad you made it home safely, what did you think of the new Escape, donna?
Old 07-22-2013, 05:21 PM   #131

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Glad you made it home safely, what did you think of the new Escape, donna?
Drool, drool, slobber, slobber I think that should tell you Jim. It's absolutely fabulous. I not only looked at it once, I had to take a second tour. And if there hadn't been a line waiting, I would have given it a third look. I'm not sure what I liked best, there's so many bests about it. But, anyone that likes to cook inside is going to absolutely love the counter space!

If I didn't want an Escape 5.0 , the 21' would be the trailer I'd certainly be strongly considering
Old 07-22-2013, 05:23 PM   #132

Pennsylvania
Registry
It's going to be a long 4.5 months, thanks for your observations.
Old 07-22-2013, 05:39 PM   #133

Jim, it's tough to wait, I understand. Some of the comments I overheard:

I thought I wouldn't like walking into the trailer and seeing the bed. But, it doesn't bother me at all... you really don't see it because of the bathroom walls.

The bathroom is really spacious!

Look at that long open counter.

Oh a huge refrigerator. (I think the freezer is as big as some owners entire 3-way)

Sitting at the dinette, it feels spacious and looking out these big windows is lovely.

Jim, the bedroom area window is one of the largest (longest) I've seen in a molded trailer, it kinda reminds me of the big side window in the Perris Pacer.

I thought I'd miss not seeing a window in the front, but that big window on the side is more than adequate. YMMV
Old 07-22-2013, 05:45 PM   #134

Pennsylvania
Registry
All good info, thanks again.
Old 07-22-2013, 11:09 PM   #135

Another 21' sale

It looks like Jack and Nancy liked what they saw in the new 21' Escape at Bandon, because they've ordered one, and now have their 19' for sale---so tempting...I'm sure they've kept the 19' in spectacular shape...I'd feel disloyal to our 1972 Trail Mite...she might never forgive us for trading her in...have to think about it...anyway, we're glad Reese and Tammy are getting more business---they have a wonderful company and it's great to see truly good people getting the credit (and business) that they deserve.
Old 07-23-2013, 01:52 AM   #136

Trailer: 2009 Trillium 13 ft ('Homelet') / 2000 Subaru Outback
Registry
Smile Some Photos

Click image for larger version

Name:	GEDC2620.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	407.1 KB
ID:	62266
The line-up in C Loop.
Click image for larger version

Name:	GEDC2621.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	410.6 KB
ID:	62267
Handing out the goodies.

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Roger C H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 09:21 AM   #137
Commercial Member

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Yes, Jack and Nancy fell in love with the new Escape 21 ft. and the great thing is when placed their order last week-end they were able to get a cancellation date and are getting their new 21 ft. Escape in October! How great for them that they won't have a very long wait.
I've had the chance to tour their 19 ft. Escape and it is lovely with many custom modifications particularly with the dinette. It should sell very fast.
Deb
Deb & Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 09:40 AM   #138

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Thanks to the organizers for putting on a great meet and especially for the great weather or at least by Bandon standards!

Peter & Lynne we were happy to pull over and hear it was just a gas issue. I realized after you took off that I did have a spare piece of hose so we could have put on hoodies and tried our inner city youth skills to siphon some gas off for you.

Jim, the Escape 21 is a nice trailer - the bed and the big fridge that might actually keep ice cream frozen were big selling features. You will be very happy with one as would just about everyone who did the tour of it.

Got home late last night after a short stop over on the way home in wine country. Had a giggle at the Border crossing.

Border Guard: How long have you been gone and where did you go?
Me: 8 Days and I went to Bandon Oregon
Border Guard: How was the meet and what year is your trailer?
Me: Its 21 years old and the meet was great. How did you know about it?
Border Guard: I am trying to find me one of those & plan to go to the meet next year. Have a safe trip home.
Me (holding a bunch of receipts): Dont you want to know what I have to declare?
Border Guard: I am assuming you bought a good bottle of wine and some stuff for the trailer at Camping World. Am I right?
Me: Yup
Border Guard: Have a safe trip home.

Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 09:58 AM   #139

Funny funny!

Carol H., glad you made it home, and had a good time down here. We hope to see you, all our other friends from Canada, and that very wise border guard (!) here next year.
Old 07-23-2013, 10:19 AM   #140

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teresa J View Post
, and that very wise border guard (!)
Teresa, the funny thing was on the trip down the US border guard was a man of even fewer words. Only 2 questions - were you going and for how long. But then he asked me to shut the car off, I though let the games would begin. But he just walked to the back and checked the plate number on the trailer and then walked back up & handed me my passport and told me to have a safe trip. I have come to the conclusion by looking at the passport history they have the profiling down to a fine art .
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote