Hello Camping Buddies,
The Oregon Gathering is a little over two weeks away! Here is some information for the Gathering. This email will cover these topics: attendance update, donated items needed, volunteers needed, workshops, events/schedule, items to bring, arrival information and Bandon weather information. Write me if you have any questions or if you would like to volunteer for anything.
<span style="color:#FF0000"><div align="center">Update Information</div></span>
So far we have about 255 people in 120 sites signed up to attend the 2008 Oregon Gathering
. The State Park is full and there are campers on a waiting list. We hope that no one from the Gathering has to cancel, but if you do, please post your site here before you cancel your Park reservation: To Post Cancelations (click here)
There are three threads in the “2008 Oregon Gathering” forum (on Fiberglass RV at Oregon Gathering Threads (click here)
, you might want to check out before leaving home.
• Oregon Attractions Things to Do on the Way to and From the Gathering
• General Information General Information about Bandon, Oregon
• Attractions and Things to Do in and Around Bandon, Oregon
Also check out this site on the Casita
Forum to see a wonderful map of where everyone will be located in the Park. Roll your cursor over the sites to see names and other information. Campsite Map (click here)
Oregon Gathering T-Shirts, Sweatshirts and Other “Stuff”: These items will not be available at the Gathering. They are only available online. So order your stuff now if you want a t-shirt to wear at the Gathering, there is still time. (There is no mark-up on the items; they are sold at cost.) Cafe Press (click here)
<span style="color:#FF0000"><div align="center">Donated Items Needed </div></span>
If we can get lots of people to bring one item listed below then it won’t be a lot of work for any one person. You don’t need to let me know you are bringing these things, just please do… especially tables.
• Tables – We need to borrow lots of tables for Friday night, Saturday morning, Saturday night and Sunday morning. Any size is helpful. Bring to the gathering area behind A-11.
• Fire Wood – For the main campfire. If you live in Oregon, could you please bring a little (notice this word) extra firewood? We always end up with way too much, so please just bring an armful.
Please check on Fiberglass RV in the Oregon Gathering for a Volunteer List. There are other things listed there to bring or do. Volunteer List (click here)
<div align="center"><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%">Friday Workshop List</span></div>
<div align="center">(Final List & Locations will be provided in your registration packet.)
10:00-11:00 AM Workshops
• Newbies Workshop – Ian W
in Eggs –Steve R
• All About LED Lights
– Peter H
• How to Check Your Brakes
– Lee W
• Owning your own Campground, RV-park or Resort – Robin G
• Jewelry Making… Make Your Own Name Tag Lanyard - Thalia K (She needs to know if you will attend this workshop so she can have enough supplies. Thalia's Email (click here)
• Photography Workshop – Eric S
• Cooking While Camping (Storage, Preparation & Recipe Ideas) – Teri B
12:00-2:00 PM Workshop
• Dutch Oven Demonstration – Linda R (Please let her know if you are interested in attending this demonstration because she wants to make samples for people to taste-test. Post your response here: Attend DQ Demo (click here)
<span style="color:#FF0000"><div align="center">Tentative Schedule</div></span>
<div align="center">There will be a schedule in your registration packet. You don’t need to print this one.</div>
Weigh Your Trailer
On your way into the campground (before you enter the actual park) go towards the beach, Frederick S, will be on the right side of the road in the Day Use Area from 1:00-dark on Thursday and 2:00-6:00 PM on Friday.
2:00-3:30 Assemble Registration
Packets & put together pickets and nametags
7:00-9:00 Beer Exchange and Get-Together (Bringing beer to exchange is optional. Come for a relaxing informal get-together whether or not you want to participate in the exchange. Otherwise, bring a 6-pack of bottled craft beer and go home with 6 different types to try!)
12:00-2:00 Dutch Oven Demonstration
7:00-8:30 Tapas & Welcome & Introduction (This is an appetizer potluck. Bring a finger food to share, your chair, table service and what you want to drink.)
8:30-10:30 Music, Somores & Campfire
10:00-10:30 Group Photo (in park amphitheater)
11:00-4:00 Trailer Tours
6:00-8:30 Potluck & Give-Aways (Bring a dish to share for 8-10 people. Any type of dish – main dish, side, salad or dessert. Bring your chairs, table service, and what you want to drink)
8:30-10:30 Music, Somores & Campfire
10:00-12:00 Brunch Potluck… for those who are not leaving on Sunday (Bring a brunch-type dish to share for 8-10 people. Bring your chairs, table service, and what you want to drink)
<span style="color:#FF0000"><div align="center">Packing List</div></span>
Here are some items that you might want to bring in addition to your normal personal items and camping gear.
• Reservation materials (Make sure to by-pass the park entrance waiting line if you have pre-paid)
• Bicycles or Mopeds to get to workshops and different activities - It's a big park
• Folding Chairs
• Favorite photo or photos with fiberglass trailers in them. Print them and enter them in the photo contest. Prizes will be awarded by a panel of judges.
• Craft Beer for Thursday night Craft Beer Exchange (Optional)
• Appetizer to share for Friday Night Meet & Greet
• Potluck dish to share for Saturday night (dish should feed 8-10 people)
• Potluck dish to share for Sunday breakfast (Optional if you are not leaving on Sunday)
• Your own table service
• Your own beverages
• Marshmallow roasting sticks (Optional)
• List of Trailer Renovations & Changes (to post outside your trailer during Trailer Tours)
• Musical instrument for campfire music times on Friday and Saturday
• Mosquito repellant (Yes, we have them in the evenings)
• Folding tables (if you have one and have room to bring it, we would really appreciate it.)
• Kites – kite flying is always a favorite activity along the beach
<span style="color:#FF0000"><div align="center">Arrival Information</div></span>
I will be in site A-12. I am arriving on Wednesday at noon (July 16). On Thursday or Friday afternoons, please stop by my site to sign in, pick up a packet of information, meet everyone and get your photos taken.
In case you need to call me or if you have an emergency or problems on the way to Bandon and need to let me know, email me ahead of time and I will give you my cell phone number. Nancy's Email (click here)
Some people have jokingly suggested that we put together a “Parking Committee” for those trying to back their trailers into tight places. All kidding aside, if you need help with anything, please don’t hesitate to ask. There will be lots of people standing around looking for things to do.
You may have noticed that your Park reservation materials say that check-in time is 4:00 pm. We have always arrived around 1:00 or 2:00 pm and have never had a problem getting into the park. Check out time is noon so I cannot imagine that they will need four hours to prepare campsites. Oh well, if we all line up at the front gate at 2:00, they will have to let us in, right?
<span style="color:#FF0000"><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><div align="center">Bandon Area Weather</div></span></span>
Typical July weather along the Oregon coast is usually warm during the day and cool at night – perfect camping weather! There is sometimes lots of wind along the beach but we will not have problems with wind in the campground. It will probably be mostly sunny with daytime temps in the high 70s or low 80s (with very low humidity). At night the temperature will drop to the 50s or 60s. So, bring jackets or sweatshirts for the evening and summer clothes (layers) for those long walks on the beach (…or those long shopping trips in Bandon).