Look Who's Coming to the 2007 Gathering! - Page 4 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-27-2007, 09:15 PM   #61

Trailer: 1985 Scamp 13 ft
Send a message via Yahoo to Tirah
I'll be there with my 1 year-old daughter and 3 year-old son (and possibly our doggy) and potentially my husband if he can peel himself from his work for a week or two. We're over in C...er... 30-something (35??), I think (I'll have to look at that map again!).

Looking forward to it!
Tirah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 09:45 PM   #62

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
You must have gotten the last spot in the park Tirah!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 11:55 PM   #63

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
I will be there in the same spot, but my trailer has changed to a 17 foot Burro.
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 12:04 AM   #64

Trailer: 2001 13 ft Scamp / 1993 Jeep Cherokee
Well, Lily and I are no longer tentative.

The trip to New England/Eastern Canada just kept getting longer and longer. I've decided to put it off until the summer of 2008. We'll do some little trips this year and head up to Vancouver Island after the Gathering.

Hey Terry and Dottie just noticed you are coming, we're in A 31 around the corner from you. It will be good to see you once again, as well as every one else.
2019 Ram Longhorn
Joy A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 10:41 PM   #65

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Freedom Deluxe 1998
Hi Everyone,

This will be our first Oregon Gathering (site B29, I think) and we're really looking forward to meeting all of you! We're driving up from Northern California with a nice couple, Garth & Kathy, who we met at Zion Nat'l Park this summer because they have a 17 ft Casita just like ours.

I have a question to pose to all you doggie lovers... We'll be getting a small dog in the next month or so; can any of you give us some camping-with-doggie tips? It'd be nice benefit from the experience you all must have rather than get there and think "I wish we'd thought of that." We used to tent-camp with our kids and golden lab but this'll be new having a dog in a trailer.

Thanks much!
Ellen & Bret
NorCal Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 07:09 AM   #66

I'd strong suggest you start a new topic about camping with dogs, perhaps in General Chat, and ask for help there...you'll get more looks and probably replies. Don't want to hide this important information within the Oregon Gathering topic
Old 02-15-2007, 07:35 AM   #67

Name: Dave & Kathie
Trailer: 2013 Escape 21
Oregon
Registry
Greetings everyone,

We had so much fun last year, we just have to come again this year! Looking forward to seeing everyone and meeting new friends, we will be in site B27.

Happy Trails,

Dave & Kathie

Dave and Kathie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 11:24 PM   #68

Trailer: 2005 Casita Spirit Deluxe 17 ft

looks like Sheila & I will not attend this year... all sites were taken when I tried to book a few months back.

Have a great time and see ya all in 08!

Domenica & Sheial
and
Roux & Scout!
Old 03-07-2007, 10:45 PM   #69

Trailer: 1992 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Quote:
looks like Sheila & I will not attend this year... all sites were taken when I tried to book a few months back.
Hi Domenica and Sheila,

I wish you would have contacted me earlier; the park only filled up last month. I think what you did is you tried to reserve a few days earlier than the 9 month registration cut-off time and the Internet reservation site just said nothing was available.

I will put you on the waiting list. Spaces usually open in the couple of months before the Gathering. Here's what you can do in the mean time....
  • Plan on attending
  • Make a back-up reservation at one of the two other Bandon RV parks
  • Sign up for the Gathering when you have a campsite... even if it's outside the park.
  • Call ReserveAmerica weekly to check and see if others (outside our group) have canceled reservations.
I have you on the waiting list for any sites that open up within our group.

Nancy
Nancy in Oregon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 08:46 PM   #70

Trailer: 2006 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
So I have a question. I wanted to see who had the site next to us and found out that it is a non reservable site. Doesn't that mean that it is still open for someone if they were to get there in time? It would appear that A37, 43 and 45 are all in that catagory so the only non fiberglass sites in A loop are not reserved by others, but are still open on a first come first served basis. Is that true?
Linda R002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 06:30 AM   #71

The reason for the non-reservable sites is the park leaves those open incase one of the reserved sites develops a problem....waterline break, electrical connection goes kaput...that kind of thing. That allows the park people to move someone without kicking them out of the park completely. If there wasn't a place to put them, they'd have to leave. And it can and does happen. At one of the previous gatherings, someone in the group had to change sites due to an electrical problem.
Old 03-10-2007, 09:24 AM   #72

Trailer: 2003 16 ft Scamp Side Dinette
Send a message via Yahoo to Lynn Peters
Hi, all!! It doesn't look like I'll be able to make it this summer, much as I'd like to. I have too much to do here and not enough time or money to do it all. I'm just about to learn how to be a landscaper! I have a huge yard that right now is all dirt with a few weeds starting to show up. I'm hoping to make a few short, local trips, but this summer will be all about gardening. Have fun, and maybe I can make it next year.
Lynn Peters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 09:17 PM   #73

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp Deluxe
Registry
Nancy, would you put me on the waiting list for July 19 to 23rd. I just managed to get out of another commitment. I'd prefer full service but I can live with electric only.

Ron Mayo
RonMayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 02:48 PM   #74

Trailer: 1992 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Sure, Ron! I'm glad you are able to attend. I'm sure you will get a site. I encourage you to also call ReserveAmerica weekly. I will only know about sites canceled from our current group - not people outside our group who hold reservations. You are more likely to pick up a canceled site this way.

Here is my email address: ORGathering@watsonmountain.com

If anyone else is interested in being added to the wait list, drop me a note.

Nancy
Nancy in Oregon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 01:35 PM   #75

Trailer: 21 ft Bigfoot
Jay and I will not be able to attend this year. We have a family reunion in North Carolina at the end of July, our first across country trip in our trailer. We are going to the Bigfoot Rally in Canada in September. Are any of you going to that? We will miss all the fun we have had for the last two years. Hope to make it in 2008.
Jay and Linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 10:00 AM   #76

Trailer: 17 ft Casita Liberty Deluxe
Well, Jack and I will be there, but we had to get creative about the campsites. We will be in site B37 on the 18th & C40 on the 19th. If something opens up for Fri & Sat we will stay on at Bullards Beach, otherwise we will spend those nights at Cape Blanco. If we have to do that we plan on driving up the coast for the potluck on Saturday. I think it's about 20 miles, which doesn't seem like much since we live in a rural area and drive that far to town all the time.

I'll have Nancy put us on the waiting list and keep checking the park website.

Looking forward to another great gathering.
Carol Christensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 04:46 PM   #77

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp Deluxe
Registry
I expect to be at Bullard the 19th thru 23rd in site C46 with my 2005 Scamp 13' and dog Girl.

Ron Mayo
RonMayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 09:26 PM   #78

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
This is "officially only 2 months away!

Looking forward to it and TWO WHOLE WEEKS OFF!

I am starting to sell off belongings for the gas money to get there...
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 07:18 PM   #79

Trailer: 1973 Compact Jr and 1980 Bigfoot 17 ft
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Tom Trostel Send a message via MSN to Tom Trostel
We may have to sell the other car for our gas money.
Tom Trostel
Old 05-22-2007, 08:52 AM   #80

Trailer: 1978 13 ft Boler
I have a meeting with my Banker this afternoon to arrange for a second mortgage for gas money!

BUT IT'S WORTH IT!!!!!
Jamie Hubbs is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2007 oregon gathering