Ontario Bolerama 2008 - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-06-2008, 01:49 PM   #21

Trailer: Trillium 13 ft 1973
Doug & Kathy Roach followed Alistair & Inge back from Emily to Belleville and are resting one more day in Canada with us before heading back to Tennessee.
Many thanks to Fred & Donna for hosting a GREAT event again and to Rick for the auction and to Paul and Marilyn for great support and help at the potluck.
I'm sure Fred will give a final tally but Inge and I counted about 109 little and not so little eggs.Great meeting and putting a face to those whose postings we peruse daily...and getting another list of great mods for the Road Toad (I'll be busy all summer with those!
To those of you who wanted info on our amazing disappearing roll-up Mirage screen, door- pm me and I'll shoot out the mfg info.
Super weather! nice folks, terrific venue, and something to look forward to for another year!
Cheers...Alistair
Alistair Camelford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 08:49 PM   #22

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
To ALL who had a part in "Fiberglass Fever" IT was another "GREAT SUCCESS" and very welcoming as usual. By mon. p.m. all that remains are the tire tracks, friends made, and fond memories.
We really enjoyed giving the royal tours and all the enthusiastic comments about "Our Escape Hatch" and to Reace & Tammy for sending such a great prize(first one picked) for the "Gate Draw" a big THANKYOU!!!
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 05:50 PM   #23

Trailer: 2003 Casita Spirit Deluxe 16 ft (Eggs-Car-Go with Mack the tug)
Hello from Ohio, we made it back in good time except for a one hour delay on the NY throughway. We had a great time as usual and met some real fine folks. This is a must summer gathering for the fiberglass clans. The feast was great the evening fires were fun and the variety of trailers and tugs kept it all interesting. Marje and I want to thank Fred and Donna for their work and planning, they make it look easy and fun , which shows the work and planning that goes into this great gathering. Thanks again. We hope to make our fifth trip next year. Someone in the know should list all the different brands of trailers attending. 'Fred', the clear cornbased elixer was delicious and smooooooth!
Edward Shook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 03:10 PM   #24

Trailer: 81 Trillium 5500 (Pearl)
Talking

Once again, the Ontario Bolerama proved to be among the finest gatherings of kindred spirits anywhere.
As usual, there is the familiar band who are responsible for such a success.
Donna is the first that comes to mind as she no doubt does most of the scut work and also gets her ever-lovin' to the meet on time. Fred is, of course, the king of the rally and it's motivating face. And Rick remains an inspirational force in spite of the fact that he can no longer tow a fiberglass RV into the site.
So all of these are to be thanked and commended for all the effort they offered and the commitment they made to everyone else's good time.

Seen from the perspective of one from far afield, I have to also say that the people who attend this meet are clearly the friendliest and most outgoing of any we've met in all our travels. It's a long way from Tennessee to Ontario (not as far as Miami but you get the idea) yet every miserable mile bouncing across Pennsylvania is forgotten the moment we arrive there and connect again with our many friends. The opportunity to see and visit with all the folks we met years ago is easily the highlight of our year and that pleasure is only underscored by the certainty of meeting even more new and fascinating people who share our commitment to the creed of fiberglass and the credo of travel.

We would be remiss if we didn't acknowledge and thank our friends Inge & Al (Road Toad) for their hospitality during our stay in Canada. It would be unthinkable to travel so far and not indulge in the civility of their home and the gracious warmth of their geniality. I'd also like to take this opportunity to publicly apologize to all who were present at the pot-luck on Saturday for my abject failure in producing the planned Dutch-Oven feast. While I'll continue to blame the ground temperature, herself has insisted (perhaps with some minor justification) that I simply didn't put as many coals on the pots as was necessary under the circumstances. We live and learn. Next time... turkey.

So finally, to all our Canadian (and a few Yankee) friends... thanks again for making our 4th of July memorable and whomever was responsible for the remarkable weather... (not Fred) thanks to You as well.

Doug & Kathy Roach

[Attached: Fred and his proud products.... well done, guy!]
Attached Thumbnails
emily_13479.jpg  
Kathy & Doug Roach is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2008 oregon gathering