Ontario Bolerama 2008 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-06-2008, 06:32 PM   #1

Trailer: 2000 Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe ('Millenium Eggloo')
Hi all; tonight we are having one of the worst storms of the winter.........so to feel better I went on line and Voila.......The Provincial Parks reservation system is now accepting bookings for early July. Those that want to book individual sites with electricity, away from the main unserviced group area can now do so. Looks like about 15 sites have already been booked.

For more info on the Ontario Bolerama "Fiberglass Fever" here is a link to the Official Website.

Be sure and check out the YouTube postings from previous years.

By the way, the Official Dates are July 4, 5, 6. Don't forget to email Fred or Rick to let them know you will be coming!!

We will be arriving at the Park on Wed July 2nd, drop by site 98 and say Hi!
Charlie C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 02:28 PM   #2

Trailer: 2003 Casita Spirit Deluxe 16 ft (Eggs-Car-Go with ivy the tug)
Hi Charlie, good to hear from you. I heard on CBC you were getting some snow. It was mostly rain here. We tapped the trees on Feb. 2 and got a big run. the earliest we ever tapped. It is cold now so we should get a breather for a couple days. Sure am looking forward to Emily. Everyone mark you calenders ,"best do nothing event going". Marje can't wait for the free showers this year! I always look forward to the creative way people modify their trailers, and Charlie yours is always a real treat. Hope to see everyone back and meet some new friends.
Edward Shook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 09:10 AM   #3

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500 (plus 2 Rhodesian Ridgebacks)
Registry
Quote:
Hi all; tonight we are having one of the worst storms of the winter.........so to feel better I went on line and Voila.......The Provincial Parks reservation system is now accepting bookings for early July. Those that want to book individual sites with electricity, away from the main unserviced group area can now do so. Looks like about 15 sites have already been booked. .....
.... We will be arriving at the Park on Wed July 2nd, drop by site 98 and say Hi!
Roy and I (with our new puppy) will be dropping by after we set up on Thursday. We booked last night. Site number is 70. Of course the electrical sites are booking quickly as it is the US holiday weekend.
Carol Ann in TO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 01:19 PM   #4

Trailer: Trillium 13 ft 1973
Howdy Charlie C and all the Emily gang. We're checking in from Nogales AZ after a month on the road. Sunny days and cool nites at Patagonia Lake SP. We're canoing and hiking and kickin' back.
Emily is still a "maybe" but we'll keep the Road Toad ready and waxed for the rally...y'never know!
Cheers and Happy Trails, sorry for your weather , Charlie (we have Bell EV satellite...we feel your chill
Alistair & Inge on the road
Alistair Camelford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 09:54 PM   #5

Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
Registry
Charlie...PLEASE don't be upset with me, but I 'liberated' some of your U-tube clips and posted them in the chat portion of our community here....

There is some EGGsellent coverage in the Ontario page. Seeing as how the Trailer Goddess is from the Toronto area, with family still remaining there, we might just crash your event in '09. July 4th is our wedding anniversary tooBTW!!

What better way to spend it then with a (surprise) trip back 'home' again for her.
Doug Mager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 07:40 PM   #6

OK out there it is time to start moving this post up . Only one month to Emily!!!! Lets start talking things up and get some info on who is comming. Count Marje and I in for sure. We hope to arrive on Wed. late and do some canoeing near Long Lake on Thurs. This is the best ralley of the year and if I can drive 8 hours to get there so can those further East. Lets get more Casitas this year. If you like mods I will have my Casita SD finished by then and will post the changs soon or you can see them in person at Emily . "The Latchkey Is Always Out" Bush sent me $600 to help the economy but did't say which one, so I'll do the right thing and spend it in Ontario. Lets get the ball rolling.
Old 06-03-2008, 04:16 AM   #7

Trailer: 1981 Trillium 5500
So far it looks like Donna and I will get to go, problem with being a relief supervisor is I can't always find out about time off until the last minute. But unless something drastic comes up count on us being there.

Joe
Joe MacDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 05:54 AM   #8

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi: All... Change is the only thing constant in life and BOY did we change..."Tours Light" The "Silver Billet" will be at Emily albeit under new ownership!!!
"Our Escape Hatch" will be set up on site 91 Hill C.G. so do drop inn for a looky see. We had it out for our "Maiden Voyage" and what a "Maiden" she is!!! You will be treated to the "Royal Tour" including the "Throne Room". Looking forward to seeing lots of new & familiar faces so "Come on down" to Omemee July 4-5-6 for " Fiberglass Fever"
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 08:19 PM   #9

Trailer: 2000 Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe ('Millenium Eggloo')
Hi all; sounds like some interesting changes have gone on over the winter that I would love to see.

The Great Western Family Reunion in Northern Montana this year falls exactly between Emily and the Oregon gathering, and those pain in the neck medical treatments, so unfortunately we are going to miss both of the FGRV events.

We will be doing a fly in to the western coastline as a primary vacation this year, before driving across the great divide into Montana.

We will be looking to try and hook up with a couple of the smaller events later in the summer or on into the fall.

If anyone else at Emily asks, say Hi and that we miss them all, and will try for 2009.
Charlie C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 09:46 AM   #10

Hello Charlie, very sorry to hear you will not make Emily, we will miss seeing you. Have a safe trip west, we will be thinking of you. The only one that isn't sad is Eggs-Car-Go he always feels inferior next to your well thought out modified trailer. Keep in touch , 2009 it is . we will hold you to it.
Old 06-18-2008, 01:32 AM   #11

Registry
Hi: All... Calling all "EGGS" Home to the roost for a REAL Dose of "Fiberglass Fever"!!!
July 4-5-6th. @ Emily P. Pk. Omemee Ontario between Toronto and Peterborough in the heart of "The Kawartha Lakes". Check out the latest trailer Mods, great campfires, and of course the Sat.evening Pot Luck gathering. Don't be shy all you newbie "EGGERS" come see what it's all about. Lots of activities for the whole family. Looking forward to seeing YA"LL
Old 06-25-2008, 11:49 AM   #12

Trailer: 81 Trillium 5500 (Pearl)
It looks like Doug and I will make it to Emily this year. Doug is still reassembling parts of the Pearl but she should be ready to roll by the weekend. The truck is getting it's annual exam as we speak.

We are really looking forward to seeing all of our friends again, not to mention all of the good food we expect to filnd. We plan to stay in the group area this time.

Does anyone know if there will be a "swap meet" or book exchange?

See you soon,

Kathy and Doug
Kathy & Doug Roach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 01:02 AM   #13

Registry
Quote:
It looks like Doug and I will make it to Emily this year. Doug is still reassembling parts of the Pearl but she should be ready to roll by the weekend. The truck is getting it's annual exam as we speak.

We are really looking forward to seeing all of our friends again, not to mention all of the good food we expect to filnd. We plan to stay in the group area this time.

Does anyone know if there will be a "swap meet" or book exchange?

See you soon,

Kathy and Doug
The Roaches are coming!!! We will finally get to MEET!!! Sat. will be nicer if you set up swap n shop/ book exchange and trailer tours!!!
Old 06-27-2008, 07:26 PM   #14

Figures, everybody else is goin, and I can't ! Pearls' cousin just ain't gonna get there, we have to be in Kitchener, but I did manage to swing an extra day off so I can take the trailer.
I'll miss our friends this year, hope we see you next year. You might pass us on the 401 on Sunday if you're headed out, we'll be on our way home around 1-2 pm. If you ever get the itch for Blackflies and blueberries, we're in Whitefish, just off highway 17 and Regional road 55

Joe
Old 06-27-2008, 07:28 PM   #15

By the way Doug, they've been holding out on the Canadian tire money draw.
Bug Fred to put it back on for you.
Old 06-28-2008, 07:31 AM   #16

Trailer: Boler 1300 1977 (#2033 L EGGO)
Darn, we too will be among the missing this year. We'll surely miss the possibility of deep-fried turkey and beavertails. Seems to be shaping up into another great "old home" weekend.

Des & Diane
Des Nolan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 08:21 AM   #17

Registry
Quote:
Darn, we too will be among the missing this year. We'll surely miss the possibility of deep-fried turkey and beavertails. Seems to be shaping up into another great "old home" weekend.

Des & Diane
Hi: Gee...more M.I.A's. We're off to EM. tomorrow for a week!!! Is it ever goin' to be lonely?
Old 06-30-2008, 03:00 AM   #18

Name: Tina
Trailer: Bigfoot
Quebec
We were going to go this year again too but the kids health is not the best these days so a 7 hr drive to get there will be too long this year... count on us next year though.

Tina and Luc
Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 06:49 AM   #19

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500 (plus 2 Rhodesian Ridgebacks)
Registry
Quote:
We were going to go this year again too but the kids health is not the best these days so a 7 hr drive to get there will be too long this year... count on us next year though.

Tina and Luc

I've been thinking about you all weekend. Sorry you won't make it. Best wishes to the kids to get well. And you'll have to settle for pictures of our new puppy because by next year she'll be a totally full-grown dog.
See you in '09

Carol Ann, Roy and Sara

http://picasaweb.google.com/CABinTO (more dog pics than you wanted)
Carol Ann in TO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 10:00 AM   #20

Hi all, Marje and I are packing and charging the battery today. Marje has finished the vennison meatballs for the feast and is baking some cookies for the trip. Looking forward to seeing everyone. We have a new tug (Rav4 ) so it will ba a slower trip probably 8 hrs or so. We will be in the group area come by for a mug of tea or a pint. Eggs-Car-GO can hardly wait this is the high point of the year for the egg. I am going the throw the canoe on the Rav as a big air foil so If anyone knows of a good canoeing spot around Emily let us know. We will arrive Wed late and stay till Mon. everyone have a safe trip and see you soon.

Tags
2008 oregon gathering