Rubber Ducky Convoy routes - Fiberglass RV

Old 06-20-2007, 01:43 PM   #1

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe 2004
Need anyone from the Dallas/Fort Worth area to contact Gary Vanlith from Richland Hills Texas. Maybe we can get together for the trip to Oregon. 817 590-4438

Old 06-21-2007, 08:51 AM   #2

Name: Gina D.
Trailer: '77 Leocraft 17 & Former Burro owner and fan!
West Coast USA
Registry
Since many of us are traveling cross country to get to the gathering... and SOME of us are taking Ice trucks (Jamie? can you get out ?) to the gathering..

I thought it would be interesting to post planned routes for those interested in possibly picking up tag alongs or camping together on the way.

I have made, and paid for, reservations on my way up, and will be picking up friends in Medford on the way back, so I have these restrictions for my travel.. but.. if anyone wants to join and make a larger group...

Traveling from So. Cal inland empire up the 99 via 395,58 into Bakersfield...

July 14, saturday, Caswell Memorial SP, Modesto California
cutting over to the 101 on a yet undetermined route
Sunday, the 15th, Lake Mendocino, just north of Ukiah
Monday, the 16th, Del Norte Redwood SP, Crescent City, ca.
on into Bandon on tuesday.

Return trip, Valley of the Rogue SP, Medford/Rogue Valley/Grants Pass Oregon, Tuesday the 24th
Down I-5 to Red Bluff, Ca. at a forgotten name SP on the Excrimento River.. not reservable, but a nice park and a great stopping point,
and no specific plans from there.

Old 06-29-2007, 08:00 AM   #3

Trailer: 1978 13 ft Boler
Hi Gina!

I start my trek on July 6th.....Yellowknife NWT south (on the only road we have!) to Fort Providence and then ferry (if it is working) across the Mackenzie River and then into Alberta....2 days then to get to Calgary and then a short business trip to Montreal Quebec. 3 days later I fly back to Calgary and then resume my trip south.
I cross the 49th parallel ( I start at the 63rd!) into the US of A at Bonners Ferry, Idaho. From there, I meander south and west into Washington, stay at Vantage WA and then hit the coast at Canon Beach and from there it is a short hop to Bandon!

Like you, I have my sites all booked for the trip down but I am aimless on the way back!

see you all soon!!!

jamie
Old 06-29-2007, 11:10 AM   #4

Trailer: 2002 Casita 17 ft
If you're overnighting at Vantage, you will be passing very close to us at Wapato (south of Yakima). If you'd like to stop and chat, pick up some ripe cherries let us know and we will give directions.
Old 07-07-2007, 06:08 PM   #5

Trailer: 1994 20 ft Bigfoot 5th Wheel / Toyota Tacoma SR5
Anyone wish to form a Convoy, leaving the Portland area Thursday morning?
Old 07-08-2007, 06:55 PM   #6

Trailer: 1975 Boler 13 ft / Ford Explorer
Registry
Talking

David and I and our foster daughter Precious are heading out on the afternoon of the 17th from Bozeman Montana. We are booked for out first nights stay at Bullard on the 18th with no real route plans set in stone yet. If anyone is near us and wants to create an "EGG" Convoy drop me a line at vixenridge(at)msn.com. If anyone has a route planned that passes near us on those dates lemme know and we will tag along. Have decided not to bring all 5 Jack Russells so only one or 2 will be coming along for the beach romps. See you all there and looking forward to our first time at any gathering with our trailer.
Old 07-08-2007, 10:53 PM   #7

Name: Linda and Dale and Dallas the cat
Trailer: 1984 Fiber Stream
California
Quote:
David and I and our foster daughter Precious are heading out on the afternoon of the 17th from Bozeman Montana. We are booked for out first nights stay at Bullard on the 18th
Wow, very impressive. 1000 miles in 24 hours. We plan to leave Albany OR in the morning and take a leasurely drive of just about 200 miles in 4 or 5 hours to get there on the 18th about 2. Haven't desided if we should cross at Eugene and drive coast 101 the rest of the way in summer two lane roads or head all the way to Roseburg and head over and come out in Coos Bay.
Old 07-08-2007, 11:44 PM   #8

Name: Byron
Trailer: 2006 Scamp 13' towed with a 2005 Dodge Dakota 4.7l Magnum W/full tow package (over kill)
Oregon
Registry
Quote:
Wow, very impressive. 1000 miles in 24 hours. We plan to leave Albany OR in the morning and take a leasurely drive of just about 200 miles in 4 or 5 hours to get there on the 18th about 2. Haven't desided if we should cross at Eugene and drive coast 101 the rest of the way in summer two lane roads or head all the way to Roseburg and head over and come out in Coos Bay.
We're planning on going down the Umpqua River via Drain. Comes out at Reedsport. Might even jump off the freeway and take 99 down from Albany. Have to think about that a bit.

Just checked the map. Have to get back on the freeway at Eugene. Maybe we'll have breakfast at the "Pine Cone" restraurant in Tangent. Then 99 to Eugene. Then freeway to Drain.
Old 07-16-2007, 04:29 PM   #9

Trailer: Compact Jr 1972
Quote:
Anyone wish to form a Convoy, leaving the Portland area Thursday morning?

We're going through Portland, but we're kind of independent (not to mention I'm always late), so we'll just have to wave if we see one another.

My friend Karen Langlois is also coming from the Olympia area with her son (Lacey to be exact) in her Burro. Now that she has a stove in it again! Ask her how her first trip to CampingWorld went.

Cory (coming with Brother/Chief Engineer/Bottle Washer Steve)
Olympia (Carylon Beach) and Issaquah (Tiger Mt.), Washington State
Old 07-16-2007, 11:46 PM   #10

Name: Tom
Trailer: 1980 Bigfoot 17 ft
Texas
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Tom Trostel Send a message via MSN to Tom Trostel
The Hell Bent for Leather tour is on schedule. Two long days of driving 60 mph find us 1370 miles down the road. We are now at Twenty Nine Palms Marine Base, California and plan to be in Oregon in two more days. See all of you soon.

Tom & Martha Jo Trostel
Old 07-16-2007, 11:55 PM   #11

Name: Gina D.
Trailer: '77 Leocraft 17 & Former Burro owner and fan!
West Coast USA
Registry
hey Tom, can you stop and pick up my mail .. you are a hop skip and a jump from my house..

thanks! I am expecting a million dollar check from publishers clearing house....
Old 07-17-2007, 02:51 PM   #12

Trailer: Compact Jr 1972
Quote:
The Hell Bent for Leather tour is on schedule. Two long days of driving 60 mph find us 1370 miles down the road. We are now at Twenty Nine Palms Marine Base, California and plan to be in Oregon in two more days. See all of you soon.

Tom & Martha Jo Trostel

Tom!! We are waiting to meet you! Have reviewed your web photos over & over---my brother & I! (We don't have a web site, though--sorry.) We want to see the ONLY other Compact Jr. in the Rally! ! (No offense to our Compact II owner!)

Cory (& Steve) Hilby
Old 07-17-2007, 11:59 PM   #13

Name: Tom
Trailer: 1980 Bigfoot 17 ft
Texas
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Tom Trostel Send a message via MSN to Tom Trostel
Sorry Gina - big mountain in the way - missed your house. 625 miles driven today. We are at Yuba City, CA (Beale AF. One more day to Oregon!

Tom & Martha Jo Trostel

Tags
2007 oregon gathering