Shopping in Bandon - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-06-2010, 11:29 AM   #1

Trailer: Casita Spirit Deluxe 17 ft
Hi...We have never shopped at the grocery store in Bandon. We are leaving soon and will be looking for fresh produce etc before we get to the gathering. Anyone advise a shop stop coming north from 101?

Thanks,

Kathy and Garth
17' SD 1998
kathy chamblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 12:37 PM   #2
Commercial Member

Trailer: We have had all the brands at least once.
Quote:
Hi...We have never shopped at the grocery store in Bandon. We are leaving soon and will be looking for fresh produce etc before we get to the gathering. Anyone advise a shop stop coming north from 101?

Thanks,

Kathy and Garth
17' SD 1998
You won't have any trouble locating fresh produce or anything else you need in nearby Coos Bay, Oregon. This time of the year you can even go out and do u-pick blueberries if you like, if it is like the last 2 years. The stores you will have available in nearby Coos Bay range from Grocery outlet, Fred Meyer, Safeway, etc.
Deb
Deb & Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 01:34 PM   #3

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
There are two grocery stores in Bandon. Ray's Thriftway, between Bullard's and Old Town Bandon. And, a Price N Pack (?) about four blocks south of Old Town Bandon... at the top of the hill. The Price N Pack has a nice deli and good looking produce. (I think it's cheaper than Ray's too). The liquor store and post office are on the side street that faces Price N Pack. There's also a NAPA auto parts and a True Value, if you have a need.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 02:30 PM   #4

Trailer: 1992 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
The Ray's Thriftway (closest grocery) is pretty limited in what they carry and their produce in past years has been sorta dismal. I would suggest the farther grocery or to get groceries in Coos Bay.
Nancy in Oregon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 06:22 PM   #5

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Talking

Quote:
The Ray's Thriftway (closest grocery) is pretty limited in what they carry and their produce in past years has been sorta dismal. I would suggest the farther grocery or to get groceries in Coos Bay.
We've shopped at the Thriftway in the past... It's just South of Bullard's Beach on 101, on the West side of the street. It is, um, convenient... We were much more impressed with the quality and prices at the Fred Meyer's in Coos Bay. Got a really good deal on 5 pounds of Blueberries there for our Potluck Blueberry Salad last year.
Old 07-06-2010, 06:51 PM   #6

Quote:
We've shopped at the Thriftway in the past... It's just South of Bullard's Beach on 101, on the West side of the street. It is, um, convenient... We were much more impressed with the quality and prices at the Fred Meyer's in Coos Bay. Got a really good deal on 5 pounds of Blueberries there for our Potluck Blueberry Salad last year.
Many thanks.....we will go up to Coos Bay..

Kathy
Old 07-06-2010, 06:56 PM   #7

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
I've shopped the Fred Meyer twice. The first time I was towing my Scamp. Between tug and tow, that's over 32 feet. I took two parking spaces, as a pull-through. When it was time to leave, I was STUCK. I couldn't swing the tug enough without fear of driving the trailer up and over the hood of the car next to me Make sure you're parked where you can pull straight out to the entrance/exit! It's a smallish parking lot for that size of a store.

The next time, I had dropped the trailer at Bullards.... much better
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 07:27 PM   #8

Quote:
I've shopped the Fred Meyer twice. The first time I was towing my Scamp. Between tug and tow, that's over 32 feet. I took two parking spaces, as a pull-through. When it was time to leave, I was STUCK. I couldn't swing the tug enough without fear of driving the trailer up and over the hood of the car next to me Make sure you're parked where you can pull straight out to the entrance/exit! It's a smallish parking lot for that size of a store.

The next time, I had dropped the trailer at Bullards.... much better
DD....oooo, thanks. See you next week.

Tags
2010 oregon rally