Spoken For - Free to a good home - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-02-2010, 05:15 PM   #1

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Having finally found the perfect "Gathering" folding chairs for our needs, we have no more use for the following:

2 metal framed rocking chairs with cloth seats.

2 Plastic chairs/recliners.

The one drawback to the plastic chairs is that each one has a sign on the back: "Stolen from Sandy Price" We used them for several years while working the "Socker Town Olympics" venue at the Washington State final "Special Olympics" each summer. The signs on the chairs just made it difficult for them to sprout legs and walk away.

If anyone coming to the 2010 Oregon Gathering can use them, shout out, and we will throw them in the truck and bring them along.

No charge, just PLEASE help me clean out my big garage so I can get the Casita in before the next snow!

Mike Price
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2012.JPG   IMG_2013.jpg  

IMG_2014.JPG   IMG_2015.JPG  

IMG_2016.JPG  
Attached Images

Mike Price is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 05:38 PM   #2

Trailer: 1985 13 ft U-Haul
mike My wife and I would love to have the rockers ! please bring them and we will take them off your hands. Lee and Norma Senn, I will send another reply with our space number as soon as I am home and can access it. thanks Lee and Norma
Lee Senn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 06:28 PM   #3

Trailer: 1974 Boler 13 ft (Neonex/Winnipeg)
Mike,

Can you give any info as to the brand/model/source for the rockers? Obviously they are already taken, but they look really comfortable and useful, and I might like to see if I could find some to purchase.

Thanks,
Raya
Raya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 07:47 PM   #4

Trailer: 1985 13 ft U-Haul
Mike Lee Senn again. Assuming we were first in line for the rockes we will be in space A2 at Bandon and will arrive around mid afternoon on the 14th ( a day early ). What space will you be in? Lee
Lee Senn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 09:09 PM   #5

Quote:
Mike Lee Senn again. Assuming we were first in line for the rockes we will be in space A2 at Bandon and will arrive around mid afternoon on the 14th ( a day early ). What space will you be in? Lee
Lee,
We will be in space A11, arriving wednesday. You're are just down the road a piece. The chairs are yours.

Also, for Raya's enquiry, the rockers were purchased from Camping World (search on "rocking chairs"). They are still listed for sale, as of today.

Mike Price
Old 07-03-2010, 12:00 AM   #6

Thanks, Mike!

Oh, and enquiring minds want to know, what are the "perfect" folding chairs you've found? I'm on the hunt.

Raya
Old 07-05-2010, 06:08 PM   #7

Oh, and enquiring minds want to know, what are the "perfect" folding chairs you've found? I'm on the hunt.

Raya,

We were quite happy with the old ones, until we started to go to gatherings and had to carry chairs, tiny tables, potluch food to share, etc.

We looked around and found some Coleman chairs with foldout side tables with wells to put your drink in. The ones we chose were aluminum framed with heavy-duty blue "boat" canvas.

Sandy was hesitant about them until she learned that they did NOT have a metal bar across the front of the seat. She was afraid it would cut off the circulation in her lower legs. We bought a single one and tried it out. That sold her, and we bought a second identical one.

One caveat: We bought them both from Amazon. Both came damaged. Sone other purchasers complained about theirs being damaged as well. In my case, I was easily able to fix the problems, both of which were caused by the factory or the packer and shipper bending one of the table hinges when they collapsed them for sending.

The white ones which I offered above were very comfortable, since we used them each year we worked the Washington Special Olympics for about 10 hours each day, for the 3-day Olympics. Sandy in particular, as she always worked registration for all the volunteers who were working at the Olympic Soccer Town, all day long, 3 days running.

Since the Coleman chairs were just as comfortable and also had the side table, we just didn't need the other chairs.

BTW, the photos of the white chairs only show the "reclined" position of the chairs. However, they also adjust up in inicrements to a regular sitting position.

Mike
Old 07-05-2010, 06:15 PM   #8

Also available for anyone coming to the Oregon Gathering, is a new duffle bag specifically intended to carry a Coleman RoadTrip LXE Grill' See Page 7 of the current Camping World for more info. They are asking $44.44 for the bag.

I am asking only a "thank you" for mine.

We bought the bag for our screen room pieces and stems, but discovered it was WAY too big, and found a rolling duffle bag we used in Switzerland was just right for the screen room.

So anyone who might the bag or the white chairs, speak up, and I'll bring them to the Or. Gathering.

Mike
Old 07-05-2010, 06:19 PM   #9

Mike,

Thanks much for the additional info
Old 07-05-2010, 07:39 PM   #10

Trailer: 13 ft Burro
Quote:

Raya,

We were quite happy with the old ones, until we started to go to gatherings and had to carry chairs, tiny tables, potluch food to share, etc.

We looked around and found some Coleman chairs with foldout side tables with wells to put your drink in. The ones we chose were aluminum framed with heavy-duty blue "boat" canvas.

Sandy was hesitant about them until she learned that they did NOT have a metal bar across the front of the seat. She was afraid it would cut off the circulation in her lower legs. We bought a single one and tried it out. That sold her, and we bought a second identical one.

One caveat: We bought them both from Amazon. Both came damaged. Sone other purchasers complained about theirs being damaged as well. In my case, I was easily able to fix the problems, both of which were caused by the factory or the packer and shipper bending one of the table hinges when they collapsed them for sending.

The white ones which I offered above were very comfortable, since we used them each year we worked the Washington Special Olympics for about 10 hours each day, for the 3-day Olympics. Sandy in particular, as she always worked registration for all the volunteers who were working at the Olympic Soccer Town, all day long, 3 days running.

Since the Coleman chairs were just as comfortable and also had the side table, we just didn't need the other chairs.

BTW, the photos of the white chairs only show the "reclined" position of the chairs. However, they also adjust up in inicrements to a regular sitting position.

Mike

Like these? Nice! Look like they fold up pretty good. Scott

http://www.amazon.com/Coleman-Portable-Dec...e/dp/B00168ZYWE
Attached Thumbnails
41pNbDdy0uL._SS500_.jpg  
Scott B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 09:15 PM   #11
Administrator

Name: Mary
Trailer: 2015 Escape 21; formerly Casita 1999 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Registry
Mike - You might try putting your other chairs in a post in the "Pay It Forward" forum (For Sale section). Just make it clear you don't want to ship them (that you want to find them a home among the Oregon Gathering attendees). And, thanks for being so generous to our fellow FGRVers!
Info on Adding Photos to a Post
RV Life Network FAQ
Mary F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 09:31 PM   #12
Commercial Member

Trailer: We have had all the brands at least once.
Quote:
Having finally found the perfect "Gathering" folding chairs for our needs, we have no more use for the following:

2 metal framed rocking chairs with cloth seats.

2 Plastic chairs/recliners.

The one drawback to the plastic chairs is that each one has a sign on the back: "Stolen from Sandy Price" We used them for several years while working the "Socker Town Olympics" venue at the Washington State final "Special Olympics" each summer. The signs on the chairs just made it difficult for them to sprout legs and walk away.

If anyone coming to the 2010 Oregon Gathering can use them, shout out, and we will throw them in the truck and bring them along.

No charge, just [b]PLEASE help me clean out my big garage so I can get the Casita in before the next snow!

Mike Price
Mike,
Chuck and I would be glad to get your white chairs if no one else has spoken for them? We are in space B 15 at Bullard's beach.
Thanks,
Deb & Chuck
Deb & Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 11:23 PM   #13

Quote:
Like these? Nice! Look like they fold up pretty good. Scott

http://www.amazon.com/Coleman-Portable-Dec...e/dp/B00168ZYWE
Yes and no.....Our Coleman chairs are these:

Coleman Marine Deck Chair
http://www.amazon.com/Coleman-2125-330-Mar...ref=pd_sbs_sg_5

They are upholstered with heavy marine canvas called Sunbrella, the same as is used to make flying bridge covers for boats, etc. Note that the price of these is considerably higher than the ones you quoted, due to the lighter weight material.

Mike

Mike

Old 07-05-2010, 11:26 PM   #14

Also, to whom it may concern, the white chairs are spoken for.

Mike

Tags
2010 oregon rally