The Oregon Gathering needs Volunteers! - Fiberglass RV


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 06-18-2011, 11:13 PM   #1
Moderator
 
Frederick L. Simson's Avatar
 
Name: Frederick
Trailer: Fiber Stream
California
Posts: 8,151
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Lightbulb The Oregon Gathering needs Volunteers!

Many volunteers are needed for the Oregon Gathering... both to work and to bring things.
Please read over the list below and post below this note by hitting the "ADD REPLY" button at the top or bottom of this note.
Please do not hit "Reply" next to "+QUOTE."
(I will keep this first note updated with names.) Things that are spoken for or complete are grayed out.

All of these jobs are simple to do and take no skill besides a friendly smile and willingness to help out. Even if this is your first year at the Gathering, please consider signing up for something. Read below to see what's taken care of or been spoken for before you post.

Things to Bring
>100 Wooden Stakes for Pickets Ellen T
(from Home Depot-type store - 1-1/2" x 1/2" x 24", usually 50 to a bundle)
>4 Hammers Frederick S.=1 Hammer, Donna D.=1 Hammer, Teresa & Lynn = 1 Hammer, coupevillefish = 2 Hammers
>About 300 (or a small box) 1-1/4" Roofing nails (The kind with the large heads)Donna D.
>1 Box (about 15) large black garbage bags Carol H
>1 roll duct tape Teresa & Lynn
>5 Regular-sized boxes graham crackers Teresa & Lynn
>10 Packages (of 10 Hershey bars) paulw=5 pkgs, Jacquie Ghormley = 2 pkgs, lalise = 2 pkgs, Vivian & Joe = 2 pkgs
>8 Packages of Marshmallows Jacquie Ghormley = 2 pkgs, Deb & Chuck = 4 pkgs, lalise = 2 pkgs
>8-10 Roasting Sticks (for Friday & Saturday nights) Donna D. = 4, Frederick S. = 1, Cathy Gale = 2
>18-20 Folding tables (larger the better) to leave behind site A12 on Friday through Sunday Frederick S.=4 tables, CHUCK=1 Table, BretandEllen = 2 Tables, Jacquie Ghormley = 1 Table, Dave & Judy Leland = 2 tables, Jane and Lori = 1 table, Boyd and Norma = 1 table, Laureen = 1 Table, Cathy Gale = 1 table, Dean and Fran = 1 table
>Sound System Steve R
>Group Photographer Eric S
>Firewood - 2 people (or groups) per night Teresa & Lynn, Dave & Judy Leland, Roceks
  • Thursday
  • Friday
  • Saturday

Wednesday Things to Do
>About 15 people to Assemble Registration Packets & Pickets
  • 3:00-4:00 PM Frederick S., Donna D., Chuck, paulw, Ellen T, Jacquie Ghormley (packets), Bill Ghormley (pickets), Dean and Fran

Thursday Things to Do
>Registration (welcoming & signing in people) - 3 people each shift:
  • 10:00-12:00 DEB AND VICKI, bbuehler
  • 12:00-2:00 Laura&Rick, Norma
  • 2:00-4:00 Teresa, Jacquie Ghormley
  • 4:00-6:00 meffinger (Martha), Dennis and Charlene Urso
>Weighing Trailers – 2 people each shift
(help Frederick at beach in day use area – dress warmly!):
  • 12:00-2:00 paulw, Bill Ghormley
  • 2:00-4:00 Rick, Boyd
  • 4:00-6:00 Brian Van Snell, meffinger (Bill)
Beer Exchange - 2 people needed each task
> from 7:00-9:00
  • Set Up: (before 7:00) Jacquie Ghormley
  • Clean Up: (after 9:00) JaneM and Lori

Friday Things to Do
>Registration (welcoming & signing in people) - 3 people each shift:
  • 11:00-1:00 (after workshops) Norma, Jay and Jackie
  • 1:00-3:00 Lorn Folsom, Vivian & Joe
  • 3:00-5:00 Jacquie Ghormley, Dean and Fran
>Jewelry Class (10 - 2) Jacquie Ghormley

Tapas Night (Appetizers & Finger Food Potluck)
>from 7:00-9:00- 2 people needed for each task:
  • Set Up: (before 7:00) Carol H, Boyd
  • Clean Up: (after 9:00) Jay and Jackie


Saturday Things to Do
>Registration (welcoming & signing in people) - 2 people needed:
  • 10:00-11:00 Norma
>Potluck from 5:30-8:00 - 4 people needed for each task:
  • Set Up (before 5:30) Deb & Chuck, Vicki & Lowell
  • Clean Up (after 8:00) Boyd, Pete Drewcock, Lenka

Sunday Things to Do
>Sunday Brunch from 9:30-11:30 - 2 people needed each task:
  • Set Up (before 9:30) Laureen
  • Clean Up (after 11:30) Jan
__________________

__________________
Frederick - The Scaleman
1978 Fiber Stream 16 named "Eggstasy" & 1971 Compact Jr. named "Boomerang"
Frederick L. Simson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 07:19 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
Donna D.'s Avatar
 
Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Posts: 24,433
Many hands make light work!!

I'll bring a hammer and get the 300 nails. Put me down for putting together the packets too.
__________________

__________________
Donna D.
Ten Forward - 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Double Yolk - 1988 16' Scamp Deluxe
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 11:12 AM   #3
Commercial Member
 
Name: Deb & Chuck
Trailer: Bigfoot, Boler, Trillium, ECO, U-Haul, Burro, Escape, Trailswest, Compact Jr., Casita, Scamp
Washington
Posts: 632
CHUCK WILL HELP WITH : Wednesday Things to Do
>About 15 people to Assemble Registration Packets & Pickets
3:00-4:00 PM Frederick S.
____________



**********will bring one 6 ft. folding table too
__________________
Deb & Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 11:15 AM   #4
Commercial Member
 
Name: Deb & Chuck
Trailer: Bigfoot, Boler, Trillium, ECO, U-Haul, Burro, Escape, Trailswest, Compact Jr., Casita, Scamp
Washington
Posts: 632
DEB AND VICKI WILL HELP :

Thursday Things to Do
>Registration (welcoming & signing in people) - 3 people each shift:
10:00-12:00
__________________
Deb & Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 05:31 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Name: B
Trailer: 1973 13 ft Compact II
Oregon
Posts: 406
Who's going to WORK with ME and have some...

...FUN.
I think Deb & Vickie should switch to Friday, when I volunteered...or maybe Frederick can switch me to work with them on Thursday, from 10-12PM. It would be so much fun to work with my BUDDIES!
Thanks, Frederick!
Barbara Buehler
__________________
bbuehler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 09:22 PM   #6
Moderator
 
Frederick L. Simson's Avatar
 
Name: Frederick
Trailer: Fiber Stream
California
Posts: 8,151
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbuehler View Post
Frederick can switch me to work with them on Thursday, from 10-12PM. It would be so much fun to work with my BUDDIES!
That's the spirit! I changed you to Thursday.
__________________
Frederick - The Scaleman
1978 Fiber Stream 16 named "Eggstasy" & 1971 Compact Jr. named "Boomerang"
Frederick L. Simson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 12:07 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Carol H's Avatar
 
Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
Posts: 11,731
Registry
Put me down for the box of Large garbage bags and set-up for Tapas night.
__________________
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 08:07 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Name: B
Trailer: 1973 13 ft Compact II
Oregon
Posts: 406
HELP! Is anyone driving up the I-5 corridor to come to Bandon meet?

I'm trying to locate someone coming up through the Northern California I-5 corridor (somewhere above San Francisco NEAR Petaluma/Bodego Bay area) who's willing to meet the lady selling me her old Scamp cushion COVERS (no foam, JUST the covers in a small box). I'm attending the Bandon EGGIE meet and will be there from July 13th through the 17th. She can meet you right off a pre-arranged I-5 exit. It will take just 5 minutes to stop & get them, PLUS you would have an extra bathroom stop!
I would be so thrilled to not pay the extra $30 in postage mailing costs!
I can co-ordinate it with the day & timing of your trip up to the Bandon.
I could even trade you some of my Montbretia flower bulbs for your extra 5 minute stop-over!
Feel free to email me or call me directly.
Thanks so MUCH!
Barbara Buehler
cell: 503-312-5665
email: gardencoach@live.com
__________________
bbuehler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 09:00 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
paulw's Avatar
 
Trailer: Escape
Posts: 361
Registry
Hi Frederick.
Please put me down to bring 5 packs of Hershey bars.
Wednesday - assemble registration packs.
Thursday - 12:00 - 2:00 weigh trailers & 4:00 - 6:00 registration sign-in duty.

Thanks!
paulw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 06:45 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
Donna D.'s Avatar
 
Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Posts: 24,433
We're now less than three weeks from the Oregon Gathering! There are 88 sites reserved. If you're looking for a spot. There's four available, two in A loop and two in B loop. Check out this topic: Cancellations & Looking for a Site - Casita Travel Trailer Forum - Page 4

And please check out the list at the top of this topic
__________________
Donna D.
Ten Forward - 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Double Yolk - 1988 16' Scamp Deluxe
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 05:39 PM   #11
Moderator
 
Frederick L. Simson's Avatar
 
Name: Frederick
Trailer: Fiber Stream
California
Posts: 8,151
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Red face We still need people to sign up for a couple of things

Thursday Things to Do
Friday Things to Do
Saturday Things to Do
>Registration (welcoming & signing in people)

Is there anyone who would be willing to work a shift getting our fellow eggers registered?

Please help if you haven't signed up for something yet.
__________________
Frederick - The Scaleman
1978 Fiber Stream 16 named "Eggstasy" & 1971 Compact Jr. named "Boomerang"
Frederick L. Simson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 09:15 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
Donna D.'s Avatar
 
Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Posts: 24,433
We still need people to step up. Need tables! How can you have a potluck without tables? Do you really want to put food on the ground...

I'm usually near the registration table. It's a great place to work. Everything will be spelled out, all a worker needs to do is ask people if the info we have for them is accurate, where to pickup their packets/pickets/name tags. And remind them to have fun! You'll have an opportunity to talk to people... some that you may not have an opportunity to talk to again because everyone is busy with the doin's.

Can't have a campfire without wood or S'mores without graham crackers, chocolate and marshmellows. And roasting sticks! (cheap at the dollar store)

Setup and take down is easy. The tables (if we get them!) are stacked up. Setup means you put the tables up! Take down, you clean them off (paper towels and water availabe), fold them up, stack them up again. And, take the garbage to the dumpster (garbage bags provided).

All this stuff is easy, we just need people to do it....
__________________
Donna D.
Ten Forward - 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Double Yolk - 1988 16' Scamp Deluxe
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 11:02 AM   #13
Commercial Member
 
Name: Deb & Chuck
Trailer: Bigfoot, Boler, Trillium, ECO, U-Haul, Burro, Escape, Trailswest, Compact Jr., Casita, Scamp
Washington
Posts: 632
volunteers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frederick L. Simson View Post
Many volunteers are needed for the Oregon Gathering... both to work and to bring things.
Please read over the list below and post below this note by hitting the "ADD REPLY" button at the top or bottom of this note.
Please do not hit "Reply" next to "+QUOTE."
(I will keep this first note updated with names.) Things that are spoken for or complete are grayed out.

All of these jobs are simple to do and take no skill besides a friendly smile and willingness to help out. Even if this is your first year at the Gathering, please consider signing up for something. Read below to see what's taken care of or been spoken for before you post.

Things to Bring
>100 Wooden Stakes for Pickets Ellen T
(from Home Depot-type store - 1-1/2" x 1/2" x 24", usually 50 to a bundle)
>4 Hammers Frederick S.=1 Hammer, Donna D.=1 Hammer, Teresa & Lynn = 1 Hammer, coupevillefish = 2 Hammers
>About 300 (or a small box) 1-1/4" Roofing nails (The kind with the large heads)Donna D.
>1 Box (about 15) large black garbage bags Carol H
>1 roll duct tape Teresa & Lynn
>5 Regular-sized boxes graham crackers Teresa & Lynn
>10 Packages (of 10 Hershey bars) paulw=5 pkgs, Jacquie Ghormley = 2 pkgs
>8 Packages of Marshmallows Jacquie Ghormley = 2 pkgs
>8-10 Roasting Sticks (for Friday & Saturday nights
>18=20 Folding tables (larger the better) to leave behind site A12 on Friday through Sunday Frederick S.=3 tables, CHUCK=1 Table, BretandEllen = 2 Tables, Jacquie Ghormley = 1 Table
>Sound System Steve R
>Group Photographer Eric S
>Firewood - 2 people (or groups) per night Teresa & Lynn
  • Thursday
  • Friday
  • Saturday

Wednesday Things to Do
>About 15 people to Assemble Registration Packets & Pickets
  • 3:00-4:00 PM Frederick S., Donna D., Chuck, paulw, Ellen T, Jacquie Ghormley (packets), Bill Ghormley (pickets)

Thursday Things to Do
>Registration (welcoming & signing in people) - 3 people each shift:
  • 10:00-12:00 DEB AND VICKI, bbuehler
  • 12:00-2:00 Laura&Rick
  • 2:00-4:00 Teresa, Jacquie Ghormley
  • 4:00-6:00
>Weighing Trailers – 2 people each shift
(help Frederick at beach in day use area – dress warmly!):
  • 12:00-2:00 paulw, Bill Ghormley
  • 2:00-4:00 Rick
  • 4:00-6:00
Beer Exchange - 2 people needed each task
> from 7:00-9:00
  • Set Up: (before 7:00) Jacquie Ghormley
  • Clean Up: (after 9:00)

Friday Things to Do
>Registration (welcoming & signing in people) - 3 people each shift:
  • 11:00-1:00 (after workshops)
  • 1:00-3:00 Lorn Folsom
  • 3:00-5:00 Jacquie Ghormley
>Jewelry Class (10 - 2) Jacquie Ghormley
Tapas Night (Appetizers & Finger Food Potluck)
>from 7:00-9:00- 2 people needed for each task:
  • Set Up: (before 7:00) Carol H
  • Clean Up: (after 9:00)


Saturday Things to Do
>Registration (welcoming & signing in people) - 2 people needed:
  • 10:00-11:00
>Potluck from 5:30-8:00 - 4 people needed for each task:
  • Set Up (before 5:30) DEB & CHUCK
  • Clean Up (after 8:00)

Sunday Things to Do
>Sunday Brunch from 9:30-11:30 - 2 people needed each task:
  • Set Up (before 9:30)
  • Clean Up (after 11:30)
Frederick,
Potluck from 5:30-8:00 - 4 people needed for each task:
Set Up (before 5:30 )Put Chuck and I down for helping set up before the potluck. I have a broken arm/shoulder but can do some things at least. Also put us down for 4 bags of marshmallows.
Deb
__________________
Deb & Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 11:11 AM   #14
Senior Member
 
Name: B
Trailer: 1973 13 ft Compact II
Oregon
Posts: 406
Come ON People...Deb has a BROKEN shoulder, with the

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Chuck View Post
Frederick,
Potluck from 5:30-8:00 - 4 people needed for each task:
Set Up (before 5:30 )Put Chuck and I down for helping set up before the potluck. I have a broken arm/shoulder but can do some things at least. Also put us down for 4 bags of marshmallows.
Deb
Doctor telling her NOT to DO anything. She's already volunteered to greet folks at the registration desk, as have I, BUT she should not be doing ANY SET-up, no matter how easy.

If everyone could help out in some small way, we wouldn't have to keep begging for your help. It's not hard work...you'll have fun and meet other EGGERS and the extra BONUS is that you'll feel good that you helped contribute to this great EGGIE MEET. We've been having for 9 years, and if folks don't step up to the bat and volunteer to do something little, we won't be able to continue having this wonderfully planned and hosted Bandon Gathering.

NO one person wants to continuously plan for and work the whole phenominal 3-day event. We all want to have a lots of fun and have a restful vacation. Volunteering does not DETRACT from FUN and REST. Let's do it together!
Looking forward to seeing you at this ALL-VOLUNTEER-EGGIE meet!
Barbara
__________________

__________________
bbuehler is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Volunteers Needed During the Gathering Nancy in Oregon Oregon Gatherings 50 07-20-2010 07:39 PM
Oregon Gathering Legacy Posts Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive) 6 07-23-2003 01:28 AM
Oregon Gathering Legacy Posts Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive) 23 07-15-2003 12:23 AM
Oregon Gathering General Chat 0 12-31-1969 07:00 PM

» Trailer Showcase

Big Ei

Lora

Beachcomber

Rick n
» Upcoming Events
No events scheduled in
the next 465 days.
» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.