The Oregon Gathering Weigh-in, THURSDAY, July 14, 2011 from Noon to 6:00PM - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

View Poll Results: When will you plan to weigh your trailer?
I will arrive on Thursday, between 12:00 Noon and 6:00 PM and weigh 1st before checking in. 0 0%
I will arrive early BEFORE Thursday and contact Frederick at campsite A16 upon arrival. 1 100.00%
I will arrive late AFTER Thursday and contact Frederick at campsite A16 upon arrival. 0 0%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-03-2011, 12:04 PM   #1

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Cool The Oregon Gathering Weigh-in, THURSDAY, July 14, 2011 from Noon to 6:00PM

I will be weighing trailers again on THURSDAY afternoon only, from Noon to 6:00PM out at the Beach Restroom Parking Lot. We usually weigh between 19 to 25 trailers that day. I have a procedure that makes the process as efficient and convenient as possible. I call it a "Pit Stop" on the way to the gathering during opening day.

As you enter Bullard's Beach State Park from Highway 101, the Campground entrance branches off the park road to the right. If you want to weigh your trailer, DO NOT turn right into the campground. Continue on the park road toward the Beach and Coquille River Lighthouse. There will be new larger, more visible signs along the road giving you direction to the weigh-in. The road comes to a "T" in front of the Beach Restroom Building. Turn RIGHT at the "T" to enter the parking lot. Stop at the weigh-in area where a volunteer will fill out a form and ask you about your rig:
  • What is your Name?
  • What is your Campsite number?
  • What is your Tow Vehicle's Year, Make, and Model?
  • What is your Trailer's Year, Make, and Model?
  • Do you want to add your statistics to FGRV's database?
Then each volunteer will place a portable wheel weigher scale in front of your Trailer's tires; one on the Right and one on the Left. One volunteer will stand next to your driver's door and give you direction and watch as you pull the trailer up onto the scales and position it correctly.
  • This is a tricky maneuver. You'll need the volunteer's help.
Once you're positioned on the scale, each volunteer will read the scale display and record the Axle Weights. You will be given the partial form and NOW you may proceed back to check-in and your campsite. A volunteer will call me with your site number.

I can then arrive at your campsite to weigh the trailer's tongue BEFORE you get completely set up. I will ask you for the form, and have you chock your wheels, unhitch, and level your trailer. I will then place my scale under the coupler, and raise the tongue jack so the tongue weight is on the scale. Once I complete the form:
  • If you answered "Yes" to the statistic question, I will keep the copy and give you the original as a souvenir.
  • If you said "No" I will give you BOTH the original and the copy.

Then I will go to the next campsite on my list.
Old 07-03-2011, 06:56 PM   #2

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
The weigh-in will happen out at the Beach Restroom Parking Lot
from 12:00Noon to 6:00PM on Thursday, July 14, 2011 only.

If you are arriving early and wish to get weighed BEFORE Thursday, or are arriving late and wish to get weighed AFTER Thursday, come see me at campsite A16.
Old 07-06-2011, 10:44 AM   #3

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Thanks Frederick for doing this again! Its a great service to those of use who seem to always be on the weight watchers plan.....wondering what the real impact of having a months worth of gear will result in.... fingers crossed....
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote