Time for a few thank you's. - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-22-2007, 01:51 PM   #1

Trailer: 2006 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Now that the party is almost over and many have already headed home, I wanted to say a few thank you's. I know that there are many more then I mention here, but I hope that the ones I miss are covered by others.

First, thanks, Nancy and Mike for all your hard work, without which there would be no event. Thanks to Casita whose $100 gift certificate I won last night. Glad I have a Casita. Thanks to Jerry and Bonnie for all the fire wood they collected for the event. And last for now, Lori and Mike for the most tasty class I have ever taken. Both Dale and I are sold on DOs now.

I am sure I will have many more to thank as I remember all the fun times.
Linda R002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 06:38 PM   #2

Trailer: 2008 21 ft Bigfoot
Dennis and I just arrived home and are warmed by the warm rekindling of the gathering. Thanks Nancy and Mike for spearheading this great event and thanks to all of you who helped with the details. The welcome package was much appreciated as was the wonderful jars of jellies that we won last night. Thanks, Ellen, from all of us who enjoyed some on pancakes this morning. I agree that the DO class was first rate. What a great job, Mike and Lori. Thanks for all of the hard work and organizing. The love of cooking came through. Thanks for sharing.

It was also great to see many of you whom we have met at the NOG and it was fun meeting new folks as well. Reace, you showed such grace and class when you won the Casita hat. Thanks.

We had a great time and look forward to the next one! Happy travels to all.

Charlene and Dennis
Charlene Urso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 06:59 PM   #3

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Bath
Whoo-hoo, whatta blast! We want to add our THANK YOU's to EVERYONE who contributed to this wonderful Gathering - don't want to list 'em ... that way won't leave anyone out! As we walked aroung the cg this morning, it was kinda sad to realize it is coming to an end for this year, watching the Eggs leaving for home.

This group is the greatest - safe travels & happy camping to all, L 'n D
Old 07-23-2007, 11:08 PM   #4

Trailer: Bigfoot 17 ft Gaucho
Our group photo and "Geographic's" visit.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1589.JPG   IMG_1595.JPG  

IMG_1599.JPG  
Ericpa3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 11:27 PM   #5

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry

Who invited all these tacky people???

Oh wait.. WE DID!

and all good folks they were too! It was raining probably the hardest during the day when that pic was done.. good sports, one and all! Anyone that would get up in the rain to have their pic taken at O Dark Thirty, er, 9 am.. hearty folks...
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 05:58 AM   #6

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1985
Morning All, Yes, Thank You to all who gave so much of their time, effort, money, and wisdom, to make this such a great event!!!Maybe we should make a list of all the contributors who donated so much to our cause! Also to all those who filled their cars, trucks, and trailers to the brim with great stuff!!! What a great group of folks to hang around with
Hope to see you all again next year.....and maybe a few more.....and eventually..a complete take over of the park in the future
Via Con Dios
Randy abd Renee
RJordanX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 12:30 PM   #7

Trailer: 2002 13 ft Casita
Exclamation

I'm safely home. Had a great time. For those who were still there while I was leaving , and my trailer wouldn't budge. and for the guys who helped thank you for your assistance. I made it to Coos Bay and found someone to repair my trailer brake. I small metal part, I think they called it the keeper, had come loose and was allowing my electric brake to engage. I had to wait a couple of hours for them to have time to look at it, but when they got to it the man fixed it in no time. They were very nice and not very expensive. Hope to see you all again soon.
Kathy Davisson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 05:38 PM   #8

Trailer: 2001 Casita 17 ft Freedom Deluxe / 2006 Toyota Sienna
A big thank-you to Nancy and Mike and to everyone else who made the Gathering of the Finest Material for Travel Trailers so enjoyable!!

Fill the entire Bullards Beach----the hosts would love it. Another compliment to everyone: While visiting with a volunteer host, it was mentioned they really like having us. Reason: we leave our sites spotless. Pat yourself on the back!

John and Nancy
John and Nancy Hamilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 05:52 PM   #9

Trailer: 1988 Bigfoot Deluxe B19 19 ft / 2007 Nissan Frontier V6 NISMO 4x4
We posted our appreciation in some other thread, but wanted to repeat it here (as long as we don't get in trouble for repetitive posts) .

This Forum has exceeded all of our expectations in every way: down-to-earth friendliness, expertise, willingness to share resources and knowledge, moral support and good humor! After interacting with forum members online, I knew we had to attend the OR Rally, so we bit the bullet on the tickets and flew out for just the weekend, because we could not take more time off this month--it was SO worthwhile! We greatly enjoyed meeting everyone, seeing the fabulous trailers and modifications and making many new friends (and meeting online friends in person). We returned home with a warm and fuzzy feeling, a great freebie package (thank you to the awesome donated goodies coordinators) and an even greater sense of excitement about becoming part of this community when we purchase our FG travel trailer this month.

Thank you, Nancy & Mike and everyone else who made the OR event possible and who make this forum possible!

I am about to make an online order of some Fiberglass RV items to show our support and pride in this group, but don't know how much of those proceeds actually go to supporting the costs of the website and events?
Val
V'sGlassSleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 06:48 PM   #10

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
I am about to make an online order of some Fiberglass RV items to show our support and pride in this group, but don't know how much of those proceeds actually go to supporting the costs of the website and events?
Val
Not to highjack the topic, I don't know the $$ amount Mike receives from CafePress for FiberglassRV items...but every bit helps to support this wonderful forum. I know Nancy doesn't get any money from CafePress on the Oregon Gathering items...that gathering is totally supported by volunteer effort, individual contributions and the donation box from the registration table.
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 10:24 PM   #11

Trailer: 19 ft 1992 Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Thanks everyone for the kudos.

Nancy and I have a blast doing this. Thank you for your support!

We also always appreciate your suggestions to make future gatherings even better.

Kathy, I am glad you got help and that your problem is fixed. That's just another testimonial.

I will post pictures soon at http://www.watsonmountain.com/Pages/orgathering.htm

Hugs to all,

Mike
mike gillespie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 11:28 PM   #12

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
WE want to thank Nancy & Mike and all the helpers that made this a great Gathering.
Met some old friends and made some new friends, and saw a lot of neat trailers. Will be looking forward to 08
Jay Herb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 12:19 AM   #13

Trailer: 2005 Casita Spirit Deluxe 17 ft

We had a great time. Thanks to everyone who helped out with special thanks to Nancy, Mike, Abby, Gene & Donna D. As always, we made a new friends and enjoyed seeing old friends. Hope to see all of you at the 2008 gathering!
Old 07-26-2007, 08:20 AM   #14

Trailer: 1992 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
This was the best of the five Gatherings yet! Thank you for all the kuddos but it was YOU all who made it so successful. Thank you for all the donations of prizes, items, time and money.

A summary of stats will be posted soon.

Nancy
Nancy in Oregon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 11:45 PM   #15

Trailer: 19 ft 1992 Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Attendees pictures are now posted on the Watsonmountain.com site.

Daily pictures will probably be posted in a day or two.

Also, the Oregon Gathering store at CafePress is here: Unique Gifts, T-Shirts and More!
mike gillespie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2007 oregon gathering