We're back safely and hope you are too - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-19-2010, 09:59 PM   #1

Trailer: 1972 TrailMite 13 ft
Hi to all we spent so much fun time with over the past 5 days. We hope you're safely home (like we are, doing laundry, reorganizing, etc., etc.), safely on your way, or still having a ball on the Oregon coast! What a great adventure, and we especially enjoyed our visitors at the kids' Olympics and the rock painting workshop. I now look at rocks so differently...hmmm...better not confess how many additional rocks made their way home in the back of the truck, for next year perhaps? Anyway, the fellowship was wonderful and we hope you all can get back there next year---we are planning on it! Oh yeah---in a rest stop near Grants Pass, OR, a woman asked me who made our RV (since Iggy, the Trail Mite is literally one in a million, I had to give her the bad news, but told her about the Casita site and this one, so we might have some new friends on here soon, just because our old girl is so cute to tow around the countryside!). Take care everyone, and we hope to see you in 360 days! Lynn, Teresa and Max the exhausted Doberman (he slept all the way home with nary a woof).
Teresa J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 10:35 PM   #2
Commercial Member

Trailer: We have had all the brands at least once.
Quote:
Hi to all we spent so much fun time with over the past 5 days. We hope you're safely home (like we are, doing laundry, reorganizing, etc., etc.), safely on your way, or still having a ball on the Oregon coast! What a great adventure, and we especially enjoyed our visitors at the kids' Olympics and the rock painting workshop. I now look at rocks so differently...hmmm...better not confess how many additional rocks made their way home in the back of the truck, for next year perhaps? Anyway, the fellowship was wonderful and we hope you all can get back there next year---we are planning on it! Oh yeah---in a rest stop near Grants Pass, OR, a woman asked me who made our RV (since Iggy, the Trail Mite is literally one in a million, I had to give her the bad news, but told her about the Casita site and this one, so we might have some new friends on here soon, just because our old girl is so cute to tow around the countryside!). Take care everyone, and we hope to see you in 360 days! Lynn, Teresa and Max the exhausted Doberman (he slept all the way home with nary a woof).
Great to meet you and to see your Trail Mite. Hope to see you next year too.
Deb & Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 12:49 AM   #3

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Unhappy

We finally made it to Portland to continue our Vacation with a visit with Robert's brother. Got caught in the road closure on Highway 42 east just before Roseburg (Winston?) There was a bad roll-over truck accident, and we had to detour through unfamiliar neighborhoods to get around it.
Old 07-20-2010, 01:13 AM   #4

Trailer: 2006 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
We were in the stopped traffice too. First the accident then the detour. We added an hour onto our trip but it was a small price to pay for all the fun we had this weekend. We saw at least two other fiberglass trailers behind us in the traffic but they were too far back to see who they were. We too hope everyone got home safely.
Linda R002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 07:51 AM   #5

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
I got home in about 5.5 hours yesterday. Did anyone else take Hwy 38 and get stuck in the detour at North Bend (Coos Bay) because of the fire and landslide? Holy #$%^! Thank goodness for a big V8. I looked at that hill and thought there's no way I could tow more than a ton up a grade that looked like it was about 45 degrees. Traffic stopped when I was about 1/2 way up... sweaty palms and oh so glad for trailer brakes! That won't deter me in the future. I really like traveling Hwy 38 to I-5 along the Umpqua River and (most often) get to see the herd of Elk at the Elk Preserve outside Reedsport. Cool.

The gathering was so much fun. Great people, great times and thanks to all for the memories... look out for wood piles. They have a tendency to leap out behind you! See y'all next year
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 10:36 AM   #6

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
Home at 840...

840 miles that is, not 8:40 ...

I left Bullards by 8:30 yesterday morning heading southbound with a plan to stop somewhere halfway north of SF. Quite a nice (but very slow) drive down 101 along the OR coast and through CA redwoods all the way to Willits. I wanted to get through SF Bay traffic after evening rush hour or mid-morning. Crossed over (Richmond?) bridge prox 7 PM and lots of traffic for next hour. Kept going with stop in King City at 10 PM for greasy burger and large coffee and kept rolling. Refueled in SLO at midnight and kept going in light fog. Nearly tagged a large Opossum in Gaviota Pass - fog lights saved it for another day. Not much traffic further south - even truckers had pulled over to sleep. Arrived home prox 2:40 AM and to bed at 3:30 AM. I was prepared to pull into a rest stop if prudent but that coffee kept me alert enough. More than 18 hours on the road yesterday - the Loudmouth Pooch never complained.

DirtDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 10:47 AM   #7

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Scamp Deluxe 5th Wheel ('The Peanut')
Hi Gang,

I too got caught in the traffic in North Bend. As I looked up that steep hill, I thought, Oh Boy! What a pull! Fortunately I got to the top before needing to stop at the light.
I also went over Highway 38 and thought the drive through Umpqua River territory was so beautiful. Just before getting to Eugene I again headed east over Highway 58 towards Bend. The Willamette River area - another wonderful scenic drive.

Take care all of you peoples. I had a great time at the Gathering. See you next year.
- - Earl
Old 07-20-2010, 12:12 PM   #8

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Freedom Deluxe 1998
Nice to hear how many are now home safe and sound. Bret and I left Bullards at 6:40am, taking the hwy 42 south route (which is especially pretty in the early morning) but missing the accident because of our early take-off. We stopped for breakfast two hours later at the 7-Feathers Resort restaurant, and got home at 5pm. It's a nice drive (says me who slumbered here and there ) when you have a good book on CD (Crazy for the Storm on our way up, and Born Standing Up going home - both very good)

What a great time we had and so enjoyed the many new friendships we made. We look forward to arriving early again next year and enjoying the company of the other early birds.

Hope you all enjoy many more fun and safe travels and see you in July 2011!

Ellen & Bret
Hoping to be Birney Falls-bound in September!
NorCal Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 01:07 PM   #9

Trailer: 1999 Scamp 16 ft ('The Pod')
The slide area on 101 at North Bend was leveled by the time we came through close to Noon, but they were still working on clearing the dirt. Evening news said 70 dump truck loads came down! Glad no one was under it when it happened.

Thanks to all for the great weekend that we almost missed! Have our spot for next year staked out already.
Vivian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 06:18 PM   #10

Trailer: 2008 21 ft Bigfoot
We left the campground just before 1 p.m. and made it through the slide area without any problem. The drive was beautiful and there were lots of elk resting in the fields. We saw Deb and Rich on the road but didn't see any others on our travel home. What a great weekend it was. Thanks to everyone who made it so special! I can't wait until next year.
Charlene Urso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 11:25 PM   #11

Trailer: 2002 13 ft Casita
Quote:
I got home in about 5.5 hours yesterday. Did anyone else take Hwy 38 and get stuck in the detour at North Bend (Coos Bay) because of the fire and landslide? Holy #$%^! Thank goodness for a big V8. I looked at that hill and thought there's no way I could tow more than a ton up a grade that looked like it was about 45 degrees. Traffic stopped when I was about 1/2 way up... sweaty palms and oh so glad for trailer brakes! That won't deter me in the future. I really like traveling Hwy 38 to I-5 along the Umpqua River and (most often) get to see the herd of Elk at the Elk Preserve outside Reedsport. Cool.

The gathering was so much fun. Great people, great times and thanks to all for the memories... look out for wood piles. They have a tendency to leap out behind you! See y'all next year
Donna, I also had to detour up that steep hill outside Coos Bay. To top it off there was a traffic light at the top. I made it fine. I heard on the radio and later read in the newspaper that there was a fire the night before at the top of the hill. A church burnt. Apparently the firefighters used so much water that they think the water caused the slide which took out 2 lanes of the highway. I made it home fine, didn't take too long. I also like to travel through Coos Bay. The roads are not quite to curvy and I believe it must be a shorter distance. Had fun, hope to see you all soon. Anypne going to the NOG?
Kathy Davisson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 02:13 PM   #12

Trailer: 1972 TrailMite 13 ft
Hi Kathy---we're glad to hear you and that cute little puppy made it home o.k. We were wondering what caused such a big slide in dry weather---the firefighting explanation makes alot of sense, especially in such a hilly area. We heard you were enjoying the books we put in the basket you won at the giveaway---which one is your favorite? Lynn works at a museum, and two of the books were from authors who did book signings there, and I bought the one about the Simpson family at the gift shop in Shore Acres. Anyway, we were hoping the gift basket would go to someone who liked to read, so it was great to hear that you were glad to get them. If you like horseradish sauce, e-mail me your address and I'll send you the Tulelake horseradish sauce that 's still in the fridge (we remembered it about 100 miles into the trip!). Unfortunately, I think it's against the law to send beer through the mail, or I'd send you the Klamath County beer we bought too. Our e-mail is: marmot[at]charter.net. We hope to see you next year---probably won't recognize your pup by then! Lynn, Teresa and Max
Teresa J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 07:30 PM   #13

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Firefighters on landslide: 'We used the right amount of water' - on KATU.com
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 04:45 PM   #14

Trailer: 1997 16 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe (aka 'The Cramper')
Sharen & Simon safely made it home to Whidbey Island after leaving Bullard's Beach last Monday, then taking the road through Coquille to Roseburg, and the 138 along the Umpqua River, where we slipped easily into a first-some first-serve site at Susan Falls Crampground. Spent two wonderful nights there enjoying the warm days and cool nights, and the staggering beauty of the incomparable Umpqua. Wowzah! what a picture-perfect setting, and a river that runs clean and clear... what a delight!

All in all we had the BEST BLEEPIN TIME with all of you at Bullard's Beach - abundant sunshine, starry nights, no mozzie bites... great DO workshop, fun peeps, fabulous potlucks... could crampin' get any more fun? I dunna tink so!

Thanks to all, especially the planners and workshop peeps. Likely you will see us - God willing and the creek dunna rise - next year.

When I get a chance, I'll post a link to meet-up pix and videos. The one below is from the Dutch Oven Workshop and features those fabulous cooks, Charlene and Deb.

Cheerios!
Sharen & Simon
Keeper & True
Attached Thumbnails
100_0006_01.jpg  
HeathGal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2010 oregon rally