Workshops & Demos - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-12-2009, 04:31 PM   #21

Trailer: 1992 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Yay!!!! Thanks, Linda!

Nancy
Nancy in Oregon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 04:11 PM   #22

Trailer: Casita Spirit Deluxe 17 ft
Quote:
What workshops or demos do you want next year? Are there any you are willing to lead? Workshops will be on Friday morning & afternoon and maybe there will be a couple on Saturday morning.
Will there be a Dutch Oven workshop again? Pleeeeeeeze!

Kathy
kathy chamblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 04:14 PM   #23

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Will there be a Dutch Oven workshop again? Pleeeeeeeze!

Kathy
You must have missed this posting... two above yours:
[b]"Okay, I will throw my hat into the ring too. I will again be doing a dutch oven demo class, a lot like last year with new recipes and a little refinement. Friday afternoon in space A46."
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 10:39 PM   #24

Trailer: 1992 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Please see the first posting on Page 1 for a current listing of Workshops/Demos. Here are some ideas of other workshops/demos people might want to give. Reply here if you are willing to lead any of these:

Additional Ideas: Cooking, Storage, Drawing, Painting, Photographing, Fiberglass Repair, Replacing Rivets, Storytelling, Camping with Kids, Camping Games, Hike to Identify Trees, Flowers or Marine Life, Fishing or Crabbing Trip
Nancy in Oregon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 12:13 PM   #25

Trailer: Oliver Legacy Elite 17 ft 2008
It would be great if there were demos of adjusting electric trailer brakes and of repacking trailer wheel bearings.

Thanks,
Steve
Steve M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 05:56 PM   #26

Trailer: 2007 17.5 ft Bigfoot (25B17.5G)
Registry
I'd like to find a small group or couple to sit around with to discuss what it's like for them "full-timing". For example, how do you get your mail that is sent to your home address? I have a wireless laptop to do general credit union functions with direct deposit, bill pay, etc. I would guess that only those who have actually experienced full-timing really know what to do... they've "been there, done that". I'm in Site A-63 from Thursday afternoon to Sunday about noon.
Ron N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 04:16 AM   #27

Trailer: 1988 Perris Pacer 13 ft / 2005 Honda Element
Steve,

That will be covered in one of my workshops. See page 1 post 1 of this thread for current workshop schedule.

Thanks.
Eric B.

Quote:
It would be great if there were demos of adjusting electric trailer brakes and of repacking trailer wheel bearings.

Thanks,
Steve
ERIC B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 10:39 AM   #28

Trailer: Oliver Legacy Elite 17 ft 2008
Eric,
Great! I look forward to the workshop.

Thanks,
Steve

Quote:
Steve,

That will be covered in one of my workshops. See page 1 post 1 of this thread for current workshop schedule.

Thanks.
Eric B.
Steve M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 08:01 PM   #29

Trailer: Casita
Is anyone going to bring a canoe or kayak? There are some good areas inland up the Coquille River. Anyone interested?
rfkeple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 06:15 PM   #30

Trailer: Casita Spirit Deluxe 17 ft
Quote:
Is anyone going to bring a canoe or kayak? There are some good areas inland up the Coquille River. Anyone interested?
We are bringing our kayaks..however..we are newbies. Have been lake kayaking twice. Stop by our site.
Kathy and Garth Chamblin
Site: A33
kathy chamblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 06:11 AM   #31

I will be bringing one, possibly both of my kayaks. One is new-to-me so I've never used it yet. Maybe I'll try it.

Eric B.

Quote:
Old 06-24-2009, 06:25 AM   #32

Greeting.

Some of you may have noticed I'm scheduled to host the workshop titled: ABCs of Basic Repairs. This is where I need your help.....what topics should be covered or should I come prepared for? I'll be expecting audience participation for this event! Keep in mind that trailer brakes, wheel bearings, solar, LEDs, and hardwood floors will be covered elsewhere. If someone, that is planning to attend, has a specific topic or question that needs attention, let me know ASAP so I can address it properly. I guess I'll just bring my normal bag o' tricks with me and hope I can answer everyone's questions.

Thanks.
Eric B.
Old 06-24-2009, 11:23 AM   #33

Trailer: 2001 13 ft Scamp / 1993 Jeep Cherokee
I'll have my kayak with me. I know you can go across the highway and up the road to a place to put them in. I've never kayaked up the Coquille.

Site A 26

I count 5 of us at the moment. We'd have to work around Eric's workshops Friday and Saturday and my Golf Ball Horseshoes on Thursday.
2019 Ram Longhorn
Joy A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 02:30 PM   #34

Trailer: Escape
Quote:
Good idea, Caroline. Would anyone be willing to do a Simple Repairs class? Hey Ian, didn't your Newbie's Workshop cover these types of things? Are you willing to do it again?

That's great Frederick! It was a big hit last year. Thanks!

Nancy
Hello Nancy, I am in for "newbies" and could probably put something together for simple repairs. For simple repairs it would be great to have the "questions' on line prior to the event to allow me some research time rather than shooting from the hip.

Ian
Ian Waymark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 02:32 PM   #35

Quote:
If people are still interested I would be happy to do the LED workshop again, but if anyone has an alternate suggestion . . . ?

Yes, go for it. I want to attend the LED workshop and the "solar" workshop.

Ian
Old 06-24-2009, 07:39 PM   #36

Trailer: 1982 Burro 13 ft (My Burrito!)
Quote:
Mitchell really enjoyed making ice cream last year! Great idea
Great idea for us "big kids", too!!! Karen L.
Karen L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 07:51 PM   #37

Quote:
Hello Nancy, I am in for "newbies" and could probably put something together for simple repairs. For simple repairs it would be great to have the "questions' on line prior to the event to allow me some research time rather than shooting from the hip.

Ian
OK, I should read all the postings before I type. "Simple repairs" are looked after, so I will stay with "Newbies"

Ian
Old 06-29-2009, 01:13 AM   #38

Trailer: 2002 13 ft Casita
I would be willing to expand the Ice Cream making workshop to some interested big kids.
Kathy Davisson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 10:39 PM   #39

Trailer: Oliver
I would like to register for the beading demonstration, if it isn't too late. Should I bring anything besides note-taking materials?

Thanks,
Elizabeth McG
Elizabeth McGough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 02:13 PM   #40

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Freedom Deluxe 1998
If the Friday Beading Workshop is still happening (I haven't read anything about it) I'd be interested in signing up. If Jackie or Thalia are cosidering doing this please let us know what we should bring to be prepared.

Thanks,
Ellen
NorCal Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2009 oregon gathering