Workshops or Demos Anyone? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 05-22-2008, 12:45 AM   #15

Name: Peter
Trailer: 2005 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Oregon
Registry
Nancy: OK, I'll do a one-hour demo on how to make good-looking, light-weight, and easy-to-make replacement cabinet doors. No table-saw or power-miter (also known as a "cut-off" saw) required. Just a few simple hand tools and two power tools (a drill and an orbital sander).

Lainey: We had a solar demo last year. Perhaps we could encourage those presenters to do it again?

--Peter

Old 05-26-2008, 08:53 PM   #16

Trailer: 1992 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Thank you, thank you, thank you, Peter! *hug*

Nancy

Quote:
Nancy: OK, I'll do a one-hour demo on how to make good-looking, light-weight, and easy-to-make replacement cabinet doors. No table-saw or power-miter (also known as a "cut-off" saw) required. Just a few simple hand tools and two power tools (a drill and an orbital sander).

Lainey: We had a solar demo last year. Perhaps we could encourage those presenters to do it again?

--Peter

Old 05-26-2008, 08:54 PM   #17

Lainey, I'm "workin' on" the one solar presenter from last year who will be attending this year's Gathering. I'll let you know.

Nancy

Quote:
I know this topic was covered at past events, but I am interested in learning more about solar power. Is anyone interested in putting on a solar seminar?
Old 05-31-2008, 10:10 PM   #18

Trailer: 1998 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe / Red F150 X-Cab
I'm up for anything anyone can teach me! I definitly want to learn about dutch oven cooking (had to miss Lori's at San Antonio Lake) and about solar. I'd also like to learn how to replace rivets (I have one inside that needs to be done), and how to replace my lights with LED since I usually don't camp where there are hookups.
Old 06-02-2008, 01:15 PM   #19

Would anyone do a workshop/demonstration on replacing rivets? Maybe patching fiberglass and LED lighting could be included?

Nancy
Old 06-02-2008, 08:02 PM   #20

Trailer: 1989 Bigfoot 17 ft and 1989 Li'l Bigfoot 13 ft
Quote:
Lainey, I'm "workin' on" the one solar presenter from last year who will be attending this year's Gathering. I'll let you know.
Sounds good, I have my fingers crossed. If that doesn't work out, those with solar - be forewarned - I'll be dropping by to check it out!

I'm also game for attending an LED lighting workshop.

Is there any interest in an "Installing New Power Converter" demo? I would gladly supply the parts for a knowledgeable person to perform said 'demo' on my trailer. Okay, it's actually more like a plea for skilled labour... but if it's a topic that would interest any others maybe a demo workshop could be made out of it?
Old 06-02-2008, 11:06 PM   #21

Trailer: 1998 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe / Red F150 X-Cab
I'd be glad to come watch, Lainey, as I don't even know what a power converter is!

Quote:
Sounds good, I have my fingers crossed. If that doesn't work out, those with solar - be forewarned - I'll be dropping by to check it out!

I'm also game for attending an LED lighting workshop.

Is there any interest in an "Installing New Power Converter" demo? I would gladly supply the parts for a knowledgeable person to perform said 'demo' on my trailer. Okay, it's actually more like a plea for skilled labour... but if it's a topic that would interest any others maybe a demo workshop could be made out of it?
Old 06-03-2008, 09:24 AM   #22

Trailer: 2004 16 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Hi Nancy,
I'd be happy to do something on cooking. Food is always a great motivator! Maybe it could be a sharing session on how people prepare food for camping trips and what are essentials to take.
Teri
p.s. I have a basket put together (already!) from Wisconsin for the drawing at the potluck. I am SO ready to see you all!
Old 06-04-2008, 11:45 PM   #23

That's great, Teri. I thought you were going to do a demo on making a purse. Would you rather do this one?

Nancy

Quote:
Hi Nancy,
I'd be happy to do something on cooking. Food is always a great motivator! Maybe it could be a sharing session on how people prepare food for camping trips and what are essentials to take.
Teri
p.s. I have a basket put together (already!) from Wisconsin for the drawing at the potluck. I am SO ready to see you all!
Old 06-05-2008, 09:50 AM   #24

Trailer: Escape
Wink

Quote:
Okay, who out there wants to present a 50-min informal workshop. informed discussion or demo at the Oregon Gathering on Saturday? We've had fabulous events in the past and I would be thrilled to repeat any one of them (if the presenters were willing). I would also like to offer some new topics so think about these two things and please respond here.
  • Is there a topic related to fiberglass trailers or camping on which you are willing to present?
  • Is there a topic related to fiberglass trailers or camping on which you would like more information?
Thanks for your help... as always!
Nancy
Good morning Nancy and Mike:

We will be on deck for the "newbies "workshop this year unless somebody has already volunteered. It was great fun last year and maybe this year I can give it a tweak or two.
We are off to Russia next week and then home on July 3 and getting ready to take teh most direct and shortest route to Oregon.

See you there and looking forward meeting you all again.

Hugs to you both,
Stay cozy,

Ian, Paddy, Gypsy and Rubea
Old 06-05-2008, 09:10 PM   #25

Quote:
We will be on deck for the "newbies "workshop this year unless somebody has already volunteered.
Hi Ian,

Thank you, thank you for your willingness to do your great workshop again. Frederick is doing a workshop on Disaster Avoidance for Newbies. Could you think of a different "twist" to put on yours? Or talk with Frederick and maybe both of you offer different sub-topics?

Nancy
Old 06-06-2008, 10:39 AM   #26

Name: Frederick
Trailer: Fiber Stream
California
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Thumbs up

Quote:
Hi Ian,

Thank you, thank you for your willingness to do your great workshop again.

Or talk with Frederick and maybe both of you offer different sub-topics?

Nancy
I PM'ed Ian to support his volunteering to discuss the Newbie subject.

My reservations are set to arrive on Wednesday. I have a passion for persons KNOWING what their rigs weigh. My company can provide a pair of portable Wheel Weighers. (Photograph to follow) My plan is for Robert and I to set up a "Pit Crew" area so attendees can get Weighed-In as they arrive. While hitched up, and before going to their site, we can weigh each axle (Both TOW vehicle and TRAILER) and record the weight. Then AFTER they set up in their site, they can bring their unhitched tow vehicle back over the scales to get another weight to use to compute their tongue weight. (Sorry, this will only work for single axle trailers...) This process will exert almost no effort or inconvenience on people as they arrive... Thoughts?

Frederick
Attached Images

Old 06-06-2008, 11:31 AM   #27

Name: Linda and Dale and Dallas the cat
Trailer: 1984 Fiber Stream
California
Quote:

My reservations are set to arrive on Wednesday. I have a passion for persons KNOWING what their rigs weigh. My company can provide a pair of portable Wheel Weighers. (Photograph to follow) My plan is for Robert and I to set up a "Pit Crew" area so attendees can get Weighed-In as they arrive. While hitched up, and before going to their site, we can weigh each axle (Both TOW vehicle and TRAILER) and record the weight. Then AFTER they set up in their site, they can bring their unhitched tow vehicle back over the scales to get another weight to use to compute their tongue weight. (Sorry, this will only work for single axle trailers...) This process will exert almost no effort or inconvenience on people as they arrive... Thoughts?

Frederick
That sounds really informative. Let us know where you will be set up and we will be sure to drive by before getting into our spot. That is such good information to know, specially since we are looking into getting a new tow vehicle.
Old 06-07-2008, 10:01 PM   #28

That is SUCH a cool idea, Frederick! You should probably call the park to see if you can set it up maybe in the day-use area. Make sure to tell them you are not selling anything and there is no charge. Let me know where you'll be and what day(s) and times and I'll advertise it for you.

Thanks!
Nancy

Quote:

Frederick

Tags
2008 oregon gathering